01

Polaroids

Sehun stared at the stacks of Polaroid pictures scattered on his bed, his eyes swollen due to him crying over the fact that the person he had always loved the most was no longer there.

No matter how much Lu Han had promised him how he would always come back, Sehun knew he’d be lying.

Lu Han’s no longer there. He won’t come back no matter how much he begged until he’s crying out blood.

 

For years, they had known each other and both knew that the first time their eyes met, both their hearts were beating faster than it usually does. Both felt the sparkle.

Sehun was still a high-school student. He doesn’t understand how it would be like to like someone his own gender. Never had he ever felt this way for another man before, but why is he so attracted to that attractive doe-eyed man?

Luhan indeed for himself, was confused as well.

 

It was hard, needing to divide his time for part-time work, school and revision. But that’s how Sehun’s life is. Ever since he started going to high-school, he has started to apply for part-time jobs. Sehun loathed school. He’s just an anonymous there; no one cares about who he is and what he does. Despite his tall and lean figure, he was still bullied.

Sehun was scared. Never had he ever once brought the topic up to tell his parents or even his teachers. Indeed, Sehun was a coward.

Even so, Sehun has always been the independent person he is, saving up his money to go somewhere far away.

His parents aren’t poor – they’re too far from even being poor. They’re busy millionaires. It’s just Sehun.

He’s not happy, getting everything easily and how people get everything easily from him.

Whatever it is, Sehun isn’t happy.

A smile rarely appears on his face, making him always look stern and scary.

Sehun had been working at the friendly grandmother’s restaurant since he was 14 and giving out services at the same restaurant at the exact same hours every single day made him recognize which are regulars and which aren’t. He had always felt in peace working, as if he actually meant something to the world.

Sehun wanted to be worth it, at least to someone.

Sometimes he wished that his parents would sometimes stay home and just talk to him like they usually do a few years past but it’s all different now.

It’s a week before Sehun’s 16th birthday and his parents won’t be back from somewhere in the world anytime soon so Sehun kept on working and working. As he was giving out the plates of orders, the bell that was hung above the door rang. Sehun quickly placed everything carefully on the table and turned to greet the customer.

“Welcome!”

The man in the suit nodded and smiled politely. As much as Sehun remembered, rich people rarely come to eat out there. It surprised Sehun how there are still some people who like homemade food.

Sehun found the man very attractive in his black suit and matching tie, as he walks classily, his black shoes shining. The man’s hair was pushed back, showing his clear forehead, his cute button nose and his perfectly plump lips. What Sehun admired the most would be his eyes.

It reflected so much emotions, Sehun himself couldn’t read it.

“May I take your order?” Sehun startled a little but managed to cover it up, luckily.

The man chuckled, “You.”

Sehun almost choked on his own saliva. “Excuse me, sir?” He questioned politely.

“A bowl of Chap Chae please,” He said smiling, clasping his hand together as he rested them on the table.

“I’ll bring it up in a few!” Sehun bowed and left to hand over the order.

From the corner of Sehun’s eyes, the man loosened his tie a little and put his coat off.

He was starting to get the butterflies in his stomach and for ten minutes delivering other orders, his mind won’t ever let the man go.

“Sehun! Chap Chae is done.” Sehun walked quickly and placed the bowl on the tray, together with chopsticks and a spoon. He brought it over to the man.

The restaurant is about to close and there were only around two to three customers left. Sehun sighed in relief.

“What do you want to drink, sir?”

“Just water, please.”

Sehun walked back over for a glass of water and handed it to him.

“Can you sit here with me?” The man threw him the question and Sehun nodded.

“Okay.”

They started talking and that night, the spark was felt so much by the both of them. It’s chemistry as if there’s a magnetic force that’s pulling them together.

It’s pulling Oh Sehun and Lu Han together.

 

 

A/N
If you're participating in this, I am very thankful! Thank you.