oo2: Hypocritical Bosses

Of Cops and Robbers

“You did what?”

Ri Young cringes but regains her posture just as quickly. The old man sitting in front of her isn’t irritated; maybe quite disappointed that even his favorite female officer cannot crack the ‘invincible’ Aiden Lee, but there is certainly no anger within him. Maybe, deep down, he expects this kind of outcome anyway. The assistant chief next to him seems to be fuming though.

“I let him go,” she says quietly, but maintains her ground. The assistant chief, Cho Chae Ki, frowns even more, scaring the young woman a greater deal more than usual.

“I’m sorry, Han, but you did what,” she sighs in mock exasperation. “That was a very stupid move.”

Ri Young stays quiet, much like the department head, Lee Byung Min. She silently pleas for help but can’t quite meet his eyes. Chae Ki rants off, asking her if she knew how hard it was to catch the young man. Ri Young keeps her chin high though; she would not be fazed by her boss’ assistant.

“…further more, Lee is a very crafty criminal, he stays low after a heist, who knows when he’ll strike again-“ Chae Ki is interrupted by Byung Min. He clears his throat and raises his hand, motioning for her to stop. Mentally, Ri Young sighs in relief and thanks the aging man.

"Calm down, Cho.” He says quietly. Lee Byung Min has always been a man of few words, usually his sentences comprise of one to five words; ten on a good day. Chae Ki acts as his voice, but never the voice of reason.

“Don’t be hypocritical.” He continues after a prelude of silence. Chae Ki seems offended and opens to explain but again, Byung Min stops her with a raise of his hand. “As I recall, you handled Lee’s interrogation as well,” The older woman purses her lips and nods her head. “…and you had worse luck than Han.”

Ri Young attempts to stifle her smile by pursing her lips together once she sees the normally grouchy woman reddening from embarrassment. “I-I- th-that was only…”

“You were in charge for three times, Cho.”

Chae Ki abruptly shuts and glares at the younger woman behind her. The aura she lets out stops Ri Young from her soon-to-be laugh. “No need for embarrassment.” Byung Min says sympathetically, “That boy’s clever.” Ri Young can’t help but nod at her boss’ words. He doesn’t know how true they are.

“I expect better next time,” he comments, looking at Ri Young straight in the eye. She manages not to break down in front of the old man and salutes him. “I understand.” She says sharply and the chief seems to be pleased with her answer as he nods solemnly.

“Han; dismissed.”

.oOo.

Ri Young breathes out a sigh of both frustration and of relief as she steps into her own private desk enclosed in an almost square, a large chunk from one of the sides is missing to allow entry for anyone. She slumps in her standard swivel chair and stares at the blank computer screen in front of her.

She pushes the button on her CPU before pushing back and rolling towards the other side of her desk. The space is cluttered with paperwork, written notes from coworkers she doesn’t bother to reply to and pads of sticky notes for reminders. Ri Young plucks off the notes stacked in one corner and scans through each, all of them are just requests and assignments.

Ri Young do this, Ri Young do that. Honestly, just because she is a woman and one of the youngest in the office they get to boss her around? Really, not even a ‘hello, how are you?’ kind of note?

She sighs and reclines in her seat before rolling away towards her computer. As if on cue, a new window pops up on her screen and it takes her a moment to realize that her computer has automatically signed her on her messenger. She shakes her head and looks at the screen name; AllRiseSilver.

<< AllRiseSilver: Lunch break soon; eating out with anyone? >>

She manages to grin a little before quickly typing out her response.

<< LadyLuck: Why? Your treat? >>

Knowing who the other user is, the answer is quite obvious; no. He takes a while to reply, as if he’s thinking carefully about what to say.

<< AllRiseSilver: Money is so hard to earn, though. And isn’t it more satisfying to eat knowing that your own money was used to buy it? >>

She snorts and rolls her eyes, shaking her head at the screen before realizing that he couldn’t see her.

<< LadyLuck: It’s tastier when you know it’s free. But fine. Where are we going?

<<
AllRiseSilver: I’m craving for Japanese. How about Han Sot? >>

Typical. She laughs a little before replying with a simple ‘okay’. She mumbles something incoherent under her breath and stretches her arms. Her lunch date logs out of the messenger and she’s left alone with offline contacts. Ri Young sighs and scans through the number of notes telling her what to do;

Partner up with Lee H. for the case with missing kid, Jung Yooji

Call Kim Heejin ASAP, new traces for her robber


Write up report for interrogation with Aiden Lee

She holds the last one up and purses her lips. That would definitely be a damn short report; and that is coming from Han Ri Young, the officer who would put all sorts of flowery words that makes paperwork lengthen to a paragraph when normally one would only need a sentence.

Really though, what could she write that wasn’t already down in his interrogation report folder?

Lee did not and would not answer questions.

That’s really all she needs, no words would pop out of her head and that just makes it worse. Luckily, only minutes later, the clock strikes 12 and the lunch bell rings. Her stomach grumbles in thanks as she stretches in her seat. She hears someone’s throat clear and turns to the sound of the voice only to be greeted by bright yellow hair with an equally bright gummy smile.

“Lee Hyukjae, just what in the world did you do to your hair?” Ri Young asks while laughing, the boy frowns in response.

“Eunhyuk; how many times do I have to tell you it’s Eunhyuk?” he whines before entering the makeshift cubicle through the open space. “And for your information it’ll be better in a few days, just let the dye calm down for a bit.” Ri Young only laughs louder.

“You look like a banana.”

“Very funny, come on. Lunch break only lasts 45 minutes.”

“Relax, I can finish in five.”

Eunhyuk rolls his eyes and mutters something about that being a turn off for any guy. Ri Young shakes her head, ignoring his comment and grabbing her wallet. She stands up to full height and smiles at the young man before pocketing her wallet. She lets him lead the way as they say goodbye to some coworkers who’ve decided to stay in the office for the duration of the break.

“So, what did the old man want to talk to you about?” He asks, genuinely curious. The young officer shakes her head as Eunhyuk descends the staircase first.

“Nothing; the old witch chewed me out though.” She comments and follows him. They reach the exit and bid whoever is stationed by the reception desk a quick goodbye before walking out the door. “Ahh! Fresh air!” Ri Young comments, beaming like a child.

“Not really, we’re in Seoul.”

She shoots him a quick glare. Eunhyuk holds his hands up in the defense. “Sorry- but what was the witch angry about?” he asks and she doesn’t know if she should tell him. Ri Young eventually gives in thinking there really isn’t anything wrong with talking about her mishap, Eunhyuk does it all the time anyway.

“Ahh… I was in charge of interrogating Aiden Lee. I let him go; she chewed me out.”

“Hypocrite.” He quickly comments and Ri Young laughs wholeheartedly. “Tell me more, though.”


A/N: Not my best- definitely. ORZ What is wrong with this fic D: But I really want to work on it though... huhu. Also, I've never been to South Korea but I've heard Han Sot is a great place for cheap food that can fill your stomach! :)

Comments, subscriptions and criticisms [heck even bashing] are always welcome~ Don't be shy :D /shot
Ahh, I sound so desperate. Rofl.

Double update soon, hopefully :) [and by double update, of course I mean updates next week-/SHOT]