Family

So Much Closer

LuHan sighed deeply as he rolled his head back.  I can't believe I let her go so easily...  Him and the others had beenn searching to find you for the past 3 days.  He swore to himself that he'd find you.

"We have to keep looking!" Chanyeol motivated Kris, who in turn rolled his eyes.

"Who are you kidding?" Kyungsoo moaned, "she's probably bought herself a one way bus ticket some where miles away.  She's gone!"

LuHan felt a single cold tear roll down his cheeks.  More than anything he worried about you.  He blamed himself that at that very moment you were probably shivering on the cold side walk some where on the streets.

"Actually," Chanyeol's hopeful expression drained into that of fear, "There's one place we haven't checked..."

Without another word, he sped out of the door.  The others didn't bother to follow him.  But LuHan's heart soared.  Maybe you were okay afterall?  He spprinted to keep up with Chanyeol's long strides.  He hadn't the slightest clue where following Chanyeol would take him, but with any hope of you being there, he was willing to crawl to the edge of the earth.

Is that love?  He asked himself... Is that fluttering sensation in my heart love?  What about the churning in my stomache?  Nah... Probably just guilt...

 

Chanyeol came to an abrupt hault.  LuHan crashed onto his back and doppled into the snow, but Chanyel didn't even stumble.  Chanyeol stiffened as he stared up at a quaint town house.  He clenched his jaw and slowly walked up the pacement to the front door.  With a tightly balled fist, Chanyeol knocked onto the door.  It pulled open to reveal a lady with an unpleasant scowl smudged across her face.  LuHan stood by Chanyeol's side at the front step.

"Where is she?" Chanyeol spat.

"Where is who?"  The woman batted her eyelashes at him innocently.

With a forcefully push, Chanyeol shoved pass her and into her home.

"Dude," LuHan hissed, "what are you doing?"

 "____!" Chanyeol repeatedley called for you.

 

You tapped on your bedroom window, lingingly staring out at over the humble town.  Strange how some place with such a serene atmosphere could have so much trpubles barried beneathe its surface.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a familiar deep voice thundering your name.  "Chanyeol," you murmured to yourself before dashing into the hallway.  In the living room, Chanyeol craned his neck and screamed out your name.

Your mother pulled his sleeve, but he didn't budge.  He smiled the second he saw you standing in the hallway.  He sped to you and suffocated you with a loving embrace.  You clenched his back and closed your eyes tightly, savoring this moment in time.

"I told you you were worth fighting for," you heard another faint voice.  You directed your attention to LuHan, who stood on the front door step.  Your heart melted at the sound of his voice.

"Get the he'll out of my house before I call the police!" Your mother raged.

LuHan stormed to your side.  He clasped his soft hands over your wrist possessively.  He tugged you forward, leading you out the door.  You pulled away from him.  He turned to you, hurt in his eyes.

"I can't go," you stammered, "I can't leave Dae Ho."

LuHan raised one of his eye brows, "Who?"

Before responding to him, you ran back down the hallway.  You slid around the sharp corner into Dae Ho's room.  You cupped his cheeks and planted a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"Get your stuff," you smiled, "we're leaving."

"What?" He tilted his head to the side.  You squeezed his cheeks tighter, causing him to pout.  You poked his bruised nose softly, "Aigoo!"

You hurried into your own bedroom.  You slung the bag of clothes over your shoulder and returned to the living room.  

"Where do you think you're going?" Your mother barked, "you can't leave, anyways!"

You brought your hand to the collar around your neck.  You began to unfasten it.  Your mother's cold hands gripped the collar.  She tugged it forward, tossing you to the floor.

"Let's see you run out with that on your neck," she laughed, "your father will be here any minute now."

"Not that bastard," LuHan scoffed.

"Don't speak of my husband like that!" Your mother screamed out, causing Chanyeol to flinch.

Him and LuHan stood by the door and watched as your mother shouted coldly at you, unsure of what to do.  LuHan grabbed Chanyeol's shoulder.  He shook it harshly to get his attention.  Your father's red truck rolled into the drive way.  He slammed the car door shut, enraged on seeing the two boys in his house through the open door.

He pressed LuHan against the wall forcefully.  "What are you doing here?" He yelled.

 

Dae Ho gripped the straps of his back pack as he eagerly ran to the living room.  Your father dropped LuHan and turned toward Dae Ho.

"What's with the bag?" He growled, eyeing Dae Ho up and down.

"They were planning to leave us," your mother scowled.

Your father pinched Dae Ho's already severely bruised nose between his knuckles, paying no attention to the blood seeping onto his fingers.

"I expected more from you," your father spat at him, "you're as big of disgrace as your sister."

"Appa!  You're hurting me," Dae Ho whales.

"Am I?" He squeezed Dae Ho's nose tighter.  Your brother screamed out in pain.

"Stop!" You pleaded.

"He deserves his punishment," your mother watched the scene before her, satisfied with way she saw.

Your father pulled back his arm and balled his fists.  With great force, he delivered a punch into Dae Ho's stomache. He held his gut and doppled onto the floor.

Without hesitation, Chanyeol stepped forward.  He placed a hand on your father's shoulder and turned him to face him.  He punched him square in the jaw.  Your father spit blood onto the floor and smirked a bit.

"Don't touch either of them again," Chanyeol cried.

Your father scowled at Chanyeol.  Ignoring his words, your father walked over to you, who still Sat on the floor.  He grabbed your hair and pushed your head forward, slamming your nose against his knee.  You didn't bother to fight back.  You fell to ground and accepted what ever was to happen.  Though your father was ing you, you felt safe just having LuHan and Chanyeol in room.

Your father kicked between your ribs.  You winced from the pain.  LuHan shoved passed your father and pulled you to your feet.

"Don't just let him treat you like that!" LuHan clenched his fists, leaving his knuckles white, "we're leaving."

Chanyeol scooped your brother into his arms.  He nestled into Chanyeol's chest, still groaning from the pain.  You worked  unhook the collar from around your neck, but to no avail.  You pulled at the latch harder.

"It has a passcode lock you dumb ," your father laughed as he whiped blood from his lip.

LuHan took your hand and gave you a reassuring smile, "Fight through it..."

You nodded your head.  Holding his hand tighter, you stepped through the door.  Immediately, strong jolts of electricity pinched your skin.  You screamed out.  Your knees buckled, and you felt weak on your own two feet, but you forced yourself to keep walking.  LuHan squeezed your hand as if that would remove your pain.  Chanyeol followed behind holding Dae Ho in his arms.

"50 yards!" Your father called to you from inside the house.

The collar continued to shock you as you walked forward.  You felt light headed and dizzy.  You collapsed to the ground.

 

LuHan could still hear the buzzing of the collar as is endlessly shocked you.  He cupped your unconscious body into arms.  He ran faster to get you out of the 50 yard radius as soon as possible. Chanyeol slowly trailed behind him.

 

 

With  balled fist, LuHan pounded on the door.  Within seconds, Suho answered, sensing the urgency.  LuHan shoved past the curious ten boys that ended around.  He played you on the sofa.  He sat beside you and held your hand.

He hated seeing you like this.  So weak.  Your skin had turned sickly pale and your plump lips quieted.  The electricity zapping you had finally come to an end.

"Go get pliers," LuHan ordered Kai.

 

The others watched breathlessly as he collar off your neck.  He gently slapped your face.

"Wake up," he begged.

He dropped the collar onto the floor.  His eyes filled with sadness.  He the burns that ringed your neck.  Your eyes flew open.  The first thought that flashed into your mind was the memory of your sweet baby brother be harshly beaten.

"Dae Ho," you scanned the room, hoping to see him.  Your breathes became shorter as you started to panic, "Where's my brother?"

"Shh, he's fine," LuHan combed his fingers through your hair.

"I'm here, Noona," Dae Ho limped into the house, leaning onto Chanyeol for support.

You jumped to your feet and ran to him.  The deep sea on your stomach from your father's kick ached.  You held the back of Dae Ho's head, your other hand his back.  You pulled him into a long embrace, all the while pecking his forehead with your lips.

"," Baekhyun coughed.

"Yah~That's my sister," Dae Ho cringed.

 

You didn't care that the others continued to poke fun at you and  his colds .  He  was the only family you had left.  You were glad that he was safe and away from those monsters.  You held him close to you and couldn't help cry.