Chapter 20

So Much Closer

"What happened to your neck?" Lay gasped.

The boys bombarded you with questions.  You wanted to speak, but each time you were interrupted.

"One at a time!" Dae Ho shouted.

You turned to Yixing.  Holding the burns on your neck, you spoke up, "A shock collar."

"Like, for dogs?" Kai gaped, "Why we're you wearing one?"

With a shaky sigh, you explained to them the entire story.  Starting from the day you had met LuHan at the park.  Solemnly, Tao took you into his arms and buried his face in the crook of your neck.

"We love you," he chirped.

You roughled his black hair and brushed him off your shoulder.  

"I can't remember a time where they weren't cold to you," Dae Ho snarled.

"But you had always been their sweet little boy," you smiled to him.

"It doesn't seem like your parents were all to fond of him either," Sehun saddened taking notice of Dae Ho's bruised, swollen nose.

"And we aren't going to stand for any of it," LuHan sternly growled, "Let's show the cops your wound while their still fresh.  Let's tell them what happened!"

You smiled at the idea.  There would be nothing better other than to see your parents rotting in a jail cell.  But they would just send Dae Ho and you away again.  You'd be forced to go live with your aunt or who ever else your parents decided to brush you off to.

"Let's go then," LuHan grinned, taking your smile as a sign of agreement.

He wrapped one of Dae Ho's arms around his neck and helped him into the back seat of his car.  You ran after them.  You placed your hands firmly on LuHan's chest to prevent him from getting into the car.

"What are you doing?" His lips thinned as he stared down at you.

You struggled to describe what worried.  There were no words you could think to say.  Maybe he wouldn't care that you would go off some where else.  After all, at the very beginning of all of this, he said you'd only be here until you had some where else to live.

You needed an excuse as to why you were stopping him. You bit your lip as you lied through your teeth, "I know what they did, but they're my parents, they're family and I-I love them..." 

"What the hell, _____?" Dae Ho shouted from the back seat.

"Well," LuHan frowned, he's eyes rounding with pity, "I promised myself I'd protect you, and with them around, I can't really do that."

He lightly pushed you to the side and seated himself in front of the steering wheel. 

"Get in," Dae Ho pushed himself over to give you his seat.

You buckled yourself and closed the car door.  Thinking of what LuHan had just told you, you decided it was best to have your parents in jail.  For Dae Ho's safety.  Besides, your aunt was a sweet woman.  Perhaps you'd have happy life there.  You'd get what you wanted from the start, at new beginning.  But still, the thought of leaving broke your heart.  There was something here that you just didn't want to ever let go of.

And you had a feeling that certain thing was in the driver's seat.

 

"I think things are going to be a lot brighter from now on," Dae Ho broke your thoughts.  You turned to him with a sad smile.

"What's wrong?" He pouted.

You stared down to your feet, not wanting to answer his question.

"What's wrong?" He repeated himself sternly.  

You poked his cheek and giggled, "Aigoo!"

"Seriously," he swatted your hand away, "and I'm not cute, I'm a full grown man."

"You are a very adorable full grown man," you teased.

"What ever," he scoffed and turned to the window.

"I'm the manly one," LuHan joined.

"Sure...." Dae Ho laughed, "you've got a more feminine face than her!"

"Feminine?" LuHan frowned.

You shot Dae Ho a cold stare, "That was so rude!"

"It's true though!" He chuckled, "Even I think he makes a pretty girl."

"Yah~" LuHan flared pink from his blushing cheeks.

"Plus, your just pretty boyish looking," Dae Ho narrowed his eyes with a cunning smirk.

"I might just punch your nose myself!" You hissed.

He stuck out his little pink you've in your direction and laughed.  No matter how annoying he was at times, you always found yourself unable to remain angry at his adorable face.

"You really are cute, though," you grinned innocently.

Before Dae Ho was able to reply, LuHan parked his car in front of the police station.  He opened the driver's side door, and immediately a lust of frozen air whipped into the car.  He snuggled deeper into his coat ans stepped out of the car, Dae Ho and I following closely behind.

We stepped into the main office.  A tall man stood at the front desk, his back to us as he talked to the woman; I recognized from before.  She glanced to LuHan, Dae Ho, and I who stood at the far end of the room.

"There they are!" She gasped.

The man shot around and faced us.  You stomach churned on sight of your father's burning eyes.  But he had an overly happy smile plastered onto his lips.  Though, you could see the fierce rage in his eyes.

"Thank goodness," he beamed.  He quickly sped to your side and pulled both you and Dae Ho into a loving hug.  You felt your father's body and against yours.  He pointed an accusing finger to LuHan, "Arrest him!"

"What!" Dae Ho broke from the hug.

"Look at the bruises," your father frowned and caressed Dae Ho's cheek with his thumb, "This man kidnapped my daughter!  Then when we finally found her,  him and his friend took both her and my beloved son.  He beat the two of them right in front of my wife and I, and then they hit me!"

"Would this friend of yours be Park Chanyeol?" The lady spoke to LuHan.

His eyes rounded.  He choked on his words before finally speaking up, "Well yes, but that's not true-"

"We've already received complaints on him," the lady scoffed, "and  expecting me to believe the likes of you?  Their parents and I have been friends for years.  They are honest and kind.  You and your friend will be held in the jail until his trial."

"No!" You cried, "no, LuHan did nothing.  We're not going back to this monster."

The lady shot you a quizzical stare, "This monster is your father.  Tsk, tsk, teenagers...."

"Dae Ho, say something," you looked to him for help.  His eyes swelled from uncalled tears, his mouth agape.

"Run home," LuHan called to you as the woman tightened cuffs over his wrists.  She took him into a behind a door into  hallway. 

"Let's get back to the house," your father placed a tight grip on both you and Dae Ho's wrist.  You winced as he squeezed harder.

He pulled you into the parking lot.  He lead the two of you to his truck.  Opening the passenger doors, he shoved you inside.  You watched, enraged, as Dae Ho desperately squirmed to escape your father's grip, who in turn only held his wrist tighter.

You couldn't believe what you were about to do.  You knew the exact consequences for it, but there was no way you were going ave Dae Ho go through anymore pain.  You lunged forward, jumping onto your father's back.  You clamped your hands over his eyes and tightly wrapped your legs around his waist.

He struggled to get you off of him, but to no avail.  Dae Ho couldn't help but laugh at your sudden action.

"Dae Ho," you began, "I want you to run home, ok?  Tell the boys what happened.  I'll come back soon."

"But I can't leave you-"

"Just go!"

Dae Ho darted around the corner.  Your father threw you to the ground and started after your brother.  You caught yourself on your elbows, which bled from the impact.  You pushed yourself up to catch your father.

Luckily, he hadn't gone too far before you were able to tackle him.  The both of you fumbled to the ground.  You looked up from the dirt to see Dae Ho disappearing in the distance.

Your father pulled you to your feet by your hair.  He pulled you back to his car and threw you in the backseat.  He leaned closer you and whispered harshly, "I will take care of Dae Ho with time, but you should be worried for yourself."

He slammed the door shut and situated himself in the driver's seat.  He started the engine.  You heart shook as you recalled the horrible way your father has treated you over the past week.  Over your whole life for that matter.  But your  blood turned cold thinking of the possible things he could do to you the second you returned to his house.  You were just glad that Dae Ho would be home safely with the boys.

 

 

  I wanted to apologize for taking so long to update, especially to let you down with such a short stupid chapter.  But hey?  You stuck around anyways!  :D. Thanks to all my subscribers, if you haven't subscribed yet, do it now...

And comment

And upvote

:3. Goodbye until next time!