10

31 Days With Mr. Frost

December 15, 2013

"To tell or not to tell, to tell or not to tell..." Xiumin kept fiddling with his fingers as he chanted in his mind whether to tell your the truth or not. But he messes up his hair and groaned in frustration. He kept facing back and forth in his room. Too tired to think, he plopped on his bed and sighed deeply.

"This is getting frustrating." He pulled his hair out causing some few strands to fall from his head.

Last night, he had a nightmare when you strangled his neck until he cannot breathe anymore. He knows that it is exaggerating but he might not know what will happen for sure. He knew all the thoughts that you have been thinking since he met you.

Yesterday, he decided not to tell you the truth but truth will always prevail. So he decided to tell you everything but hesitated when he thought of his nightmare all over again.

He wished he would stop torturing himself, be a man and tell the truth to you. If it was just easy then he could have done it but it isn't. Life, oh life.

 

You heard all the grumblings and murmurs from your snow fairy's room and you felt worried again. Yesterday, he fainted and you didn't know why. He kept apologizing to you and that bewildered you. Why does he keep apologizing and saying don't kill me.

Then a thought occured to you, He must have done something that could have angered you. Trying to be logical, you decided to talk to him and clear up some confusions and misunderstandings, if there was anything.

You stood up from your swivel chair and paused from doing your work. You walk up to his room and now in front of the door. You knocked a few times.

"Xiumin, are you ok? I need to talk to you."

 

Xiumin stopped on his tracks from pacing back and forth when he heard footsteps outside of his room and then a knock came.

"Xiumin, are you ok? I need to talk to you."

Fudge it! He cursed in his mind and panic came into his system. He ran around not knowing what to do anymore. His nightmare came into life but he needs to face this and overcome it.

He took a big deep breath and calmed himself. He slowly walked up to the door and held the door knob.

When he took the door knob, he turn the knob and opened the door ever so slowly. And there revealed the human girl in front of him.

"Oh Soowoo, what are you doing here?" He tried to be calm as possible when he started the conversation but deep inside he is nervous as heck.

"I kept hearing noises from your room and it bothers me a lot. Is there something wrong or you wanted to talk about it with me?" He crossed her arms and waited for his answer.

"T-talk about what? I'm perfectly fine." He stuttered which makes your eyebrows rose in suspicion.

"Yeeaaaah right, that doesn't convince me." You replied in a not convinced manner. You swiftly dragged him out of the room that made him surprised at your sudden action.

You pulled him to the living room and made him sit beside you and you sat beside him.

"Tell me everything on  what's bugging you." You said calmly so he won't be threatened.

"W-well, are you angry right now?" He wants to be assured than to be killed in instant in this daylight.

"Angry? Waeyo? For sure, I'm not." You replied. He looked at you in the eyes and he felt relieved all of a sudden.

I'm not angry, I'm worried. You thought in your mind and your gaze softens.

He hunged his head low and gulped down hard with his saliva.

Well, here goes nothing. He encouraged himself and faced you. Eye to eye.

"Well, I forgot to tell you something important and that really slipped my mind. I swear!" He squeaked at the end of the sentence.

"Well, go on. What is that something important?" You urged him to go on and his sweat began to form on his forehead.

"I-i'm able to r-read a person's... mind.  Mianhae, joesonghaeyo. Jeongmal joesonghaeyo. Jebal Soowoo." Xiumin began to kneel on his knees and bowed a thousand times.

You sat there still contemplating on what he said and when it struck you, your eyes widened at him. You literally screamed out loud in horror and ran to your bedroom and locked the door.

Xiumin stopped bowing and looked at your disappearance.

"I'm so dead." He paled at the thought of you beating him up the next day.

 

When you entered your room so suddenly, you recalled on what Xiumin muttered for the last time. You jumped on your bed and covered your face with the pillow.

You try to recall from the start on when or where he read your mind but you won't be able to because there are times that maybe he read it or not.

"Gosh that was so embarassing. How could he read my thoughts? That's invasion of privacy." You wailed in your pillow.

Oh how am I going to face him now. You cried in your thought.

 

December 16, 2013

Xiumin sighed from the umpteenth time while staring at your door. You haven't come out since yesterday. He felt so sad, guilty, lonely and worried at the same time.

"I'm one bad fairy. Ugh, what did I do?" He silently murmured and punched the throw pillow beside him. He doesn't like the feeling he feels right now and it is killing him to death. He didn't have any good sleep and the thought of you locked yourself in your room made his heart dropped.

And also now, he is getting worried about you not eating breakfast. He need to initiate something to kill the tension between you two and make you come out from your room. He wanted to be forgiven too. He knew that it is invasion of privacy especially that he is reading a human thoughts for goodness sakes. He almost knew everything about you, it is a good thing but not for you.

Instead of sulking in the corner, he decided to make breakfast for you and talk about it to set things straight.

"I must do things once and for all." He said dramatically as he put his hand over his chest.

 

In your bedroom, you continued working on your work even though you're on vacation. You continued typing your work. You stopped typin when you grabbed a handful of chips. Good thing you stored some junk foods in your drawer for some reasons and now is the good time to use it. But you know that it is not good for your health and it does not really fill you enough.

Suddenly your tummy grumbled and screaming for real food as you pat your tummy.

"I'm sorry but I cannot go out right now." You comforted it and sighed.

You're not ready to face him yet. He might have read about your thought that he look so handsome, y and cute at the same time. You remembered that time when he suddenly smirked at you.

You muttered incoherent words as you put your hands on your face to cover up your embarassment.

"Ah, eotteohkhae."

 

Xiumin had a hard time thinking a good dish for you so he decided something simple, a rice porridge. But he doesn't know the recipe.

He scratched his head in thought, "How do I make it?"

He tapped his chin and counted the ingredients in his mind, "Rice, water, ginger... er... Maybe, that's it. I guess."

He thought again of anything to add to it because it will taste bland if those are the only ingredients for it.

"Nevermind, I'll just do what I can." He gave up thinking and started cooking.

 

After a good of struggling 2 hours in the kitchen, Xiumin found the right taste as he tasted it by using the ladle he used to stir the rice porridge.

"Finally!" He clapped in satisfaction and prepared the meal. He took out a cup and poured orange juice. And then, he took out the bowl and put the rice porridge in it.

"Done!" He smiled in delight.

He took out the tray and laid out on there the meal that he had prepared for you. He carried the tray with a meal and went to go to your room. He hopes that it will go well.

"Here goes nothing."

 

You gave up on working and you are now lying on your bed staring at the ceiling.

"Food. Food. Fooooood." You muttered those words in a zombified way and your stomach grumbled louder. You rolled to the other side that made you bump on the wall.

While you are calling for food, someone called out to you.

"Soowoo, I made you food."

You quickly averted your head to the sound of his voice and thought of the food.

"Food!" But you stopped yourself because you will be revealing yourself to him. You don't want him to read your mind again.

"Food or not. Food or not... eotteohkhae..." You fake a sob and your stomach grumbled in a reply manner.

"So you want food eh my tummy." You talked to it like it was a person and you complied to its request. 

"Fine, food it is." You got up from your bed and walked to your door. When you stopped in front of it, you hesitated again.

"Just deal with it." You slowly opened the door and there revealed a cute snow fairy holding a tray with meal. He wore an apron that you always wear when you cook which is a cute polar bear in the middle with cute designs.

Giyeowo. Ah! eotteohkhae! He will read my mind again. You gasped in your mind and you closed your eyes.

Xiumin saw you and looked away. He does not want to make you feel uncomfortable.

"I made you food. It's rice porridge and it is nothing much but I hope you will like it." He wanted to give it to you but your eyes are still closed, not moving in your place.

"It's fine to open your eyes, I will not look at you and read your mind again. I'm sorry for keeping it to you and I hope your forgive me." He apologized to you.

When you did not move an inch, he sighed in hopelessness.

"If you don't want to see me again, I'll go away and disappear from your sight." He laid down the tray to the closest table and walked away from you.

When you felt his presence gone, you opened your eyes and remembered the things he said. You felt your soul has been gone from your body when he said those words. You already lost your family so you don't want to lose him.

You ran up to him and grabbed his arm.

"Wait!" You made him face you and you look at him through his eyes.

"Jebal kajima." You pleaded and his heart pricked at your words.

Without saying anything, he grabbed you and embraced you for his dear life. You hugged him back tightly.

"I will not go away since you said so. Do you forgive me?" He said it softly and you nodded in reply. You started to sob in his chest.

He became alerted and he gently your hair in a comforting manner. You relaxed in his arms and you felt like sleeping in his arms right now. Wait, that sounded wrong but you don't mind.

"Don't worry I will not leave you. You can stop crying now, the food is getting cold."

You broke the hug and wipe all the tears away, "Y-you're right. I'm getting hungry right now. Thanks for the food."

You quickly took the tray and went to your bed.

Ugh, that was embarassing. He saw me cry. You mentally slapped in your thought and he read it. Oops, his mistake.

"It's not embarssing babo." He replied to your thought and you gasped.

"You read my mind again. I thought you said you will never read my mind again." You said in a irritated tone.

"I accidentally read it, I'm sorry again." He apologized again.

"Fine. I'm not angry at you actually. I was just embarassed since you know everything about me." You explained looking away from him. "But nevermind that, I'll eat it now."

You started to eat the food he made for you, "Woah, this is great." You brightened up like nothing was happened and Xiumin felt relieved at that. He came to you and sat beside you.

"Jinjja? I have more in the pot."

"Sure, let' go into the kitchen. Gaja."

Both of you went into the kitchen, you eat to your tummy's content and Xiumin looked at you adoringly. And also, both of you talked as if you and him haven't talked for yours.

It's good to be back what it used to be. He thought with a smile on his face. Good thing he won't be killed by you.


Author's note: Update again since someone subscribed again, just a few but that made me felt great. Please do comment. I hope you enjoy. Annyeong!!

Random: Luhan is a fansite oppa and a fan. Yixing jeodo. Keukeu. So funny.