Chapter Six

Secret, Secret

 

MINHO’S POV

“Fine, then. We will,” Jonghyun sighed.

“Tch, what?” I said in disbelief.

“We’re leaving this place.”

Hah, there was no way Eunjin was going to another place with this bastard. Absolutely not. Even if she would agree with him, I won’t allow it. Hell no, I won’t allow it. Jonghyun’s not a trustworthy person. And for him to be with Eunjin- especially Eunjin- is unacceptable. She’s too precious to be taken care of by a Casanova jerk. I’ve known him for too long that this is completely wrong and unsafe for her.

Pride overcame me, so I had to show him I was apathetic. I couldn’t just break down in front of him and plead him not to take her. I have no other choice.

“Okay, go ahead. Leave.” I say.

“Great. We’re going to go as soon as possible,” he says, still with a serious expression on his face. Shouldn’t you be glad that I don’t care?

He backed away from me and turned to leave this narrow alley, that reeks of garbage. I feel like I’m losing my charisma because of this horrid smell.

“Jonghyun, wait,” I finally blurted out.

“What?” He didn’t even bother looking back.

“Make sure you take care of her.”

He paused for a second before leaving my sight. Once he was gone, I furiously punched the alley wall.

“Aish!” I screamed, frustrated.

“Oppa!” I heard the familiar whiny voice. “What happened?”

When I look up at Soohye, her eyes widen. “Your nose! What did he do to you? Are you alright?”

I responded, “I’m fine.”

Her eyes were filled with worry. She lifted her hand and was about to wipe the trail of blood flowing from my left nostril, but I smacked it before she could touch me.

I quickly cleaned the blood from my nose myself, and then made my way out of the alley.

As I expected she would, Soohye tightly clung to my arm.

“Oppa, where should we go now? I’m hungry~” she sang, with her high-pitched voice.

Immediately, I jerked my arm from her grasp. “Sorry, Soohye. I’m not in the mood,” I monotonously said.

I began to speed-walk away from her. I needed time to think and Soohye was definitely not contributing to the silence I desired. I just wanted to be alone.

“H-hey, where are you going?” I heard the clacking of her heels against the sidewalk pavement, meaning she was coming after me. My fast walking turned into running.

“Yah, Choi Minho!” she yelled.

I sped up my pace until I could no longer hear either her footsteps or her voice. Forgive me, Soohye. You’re not as important to me as Eunjin is.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hurraaaay! I'm back with a short update. I'll probably write another chapter this week. Enjoy!~

Oh, are you guys watching Rooftop Prince? I love it, omg. I'd recommend it ^ ^