Chapter Four

Secret, Secret

This chapter is about what Minho feels about Eunjin and some flashbacks when they were together.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MINHO'S POV


I hated this idea, dating Soohye. She was unbearable. But, I wanted Eunjin to come back to me... I want her. I was such an idiot to let her go like that. I had no other choice.

It was a pointless bet between my friends and I: 40,000
to date Park Eunjin for two months. I couldn't help it, my family was drowning in debt, and still is. I would have done anything to get money.

I wasn't allowed to fall in love with her, sleep with her, or tell her about the bet, yadayadayah. Everything would be fake. Easy.

At the time, I barely knew about relationships and . I didn't care about it; soccer was my most important priority- after family. I was clueless about girls and their feelings, so I didn't see any problem with it. It wouldn't do any harm. Well, I thought I wouldn't.

It seemed fairly simple, pretending to be her boyfriend: ask her out, spend time with her, go on a few dates.

It was the complete opposite of what I thought.

[FLASHBACK]

I casually walked up to her, my heart beating tremendously. It was pretty nerve-wracking. What if she said no? The bet would be off and I'd look like an absolute fool.

"E-Eunjin-sshi," I stuttered, hoping the next few words would just flow out of my mouth.

I never noticed before, but she was... innocently pretty.

I watched as she turned around, gracefully; her long, smooth hair twirling. Her eyes widen. "Minho-sshi?"

Hesitating, I dropped down to my knees, one facing the ground, the other up. I tightly gripped the single daisy in my hand. She softly gasped. The people around us began to murmur to one another. "For the money," I thought.

I looked down and recited the words my friends had persuaded me to say. "I really like you, Eunjin-sshi. Would you be my girlfriend?"


The sound of whispering increased. I heard some girls whine in disbelief.

Peeking up at Eunjin, she appeared speechless.

"Soooo...?" I asked.

She snapped out of a trance. "Of course," she quietly answered. Her face was burning red, but her smile... that's what got me.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

It wasn't part of the plan to fall in love, but I couldn't resist. She was such an amazing person. Not to mention extremely beautiful and intelligent.

I went from asking a complete stranger out, to knowing almost everything about her. I went everywhere with her, and we went out on dates almost everyday of the week. They were probably the most happiest days of my life. Every moment I spent with her meant everything to me. There were fireworks when ever my skin came in contact with hers. My heart would feel so light when she would smile at me. I missed those days so much.

However, those two months passed by so rapidly.

One day, my friends told me to break up with her and tell her about this bet. I asked if they could extend the period, but they wouldn't give me the money if I did.

"Did you fall in love with her, Minho?"

"Why would I?" I lied. I would have lost if I didn't say that.



"Minho-ya~" Eunjin sang, as I saw her that morn
ing.

"Annyeong," I fakely smiled and embraced her. The sweet scent of her filled my nose and her angelic giggle was pure music to my ears. I knew it would probably be the last time I'd ever be this close to her, so I tightened my arms around her. I fought back the urge to cry.

She chuckled. "You seem lovey-dovey today. Is something up?"

I released her and placed both of my hands on her shoulders. I better get this over with.

So many thoughts were running through my mind. I can't do this, she's too important to me. I've never felt this great around a girl before, I wanted to continue feeling that.

I saw my friends from a distance. They were watching me. They gestured me to "get on with it".

Thanks to my stupid self, I believed pride and family were more significant in my life.

Her round, brown eyes stared with wonder back at mine.

"Eunjin... this is really hard for me to say."

"What happened?"

"I don't really like you anymore. Let's break-up," I said, coldly, and walked away from her. It would be too much if I mentioned the bet.

"Minho!" she yelled. "You must be kidding me!"

I stopped in my tracks and listened to what she would say. I didn't dare to turn around. She would have seen me crying.

"Yesterday, you told me you loved me. And now, you say all of those feelings have disappeared?"

I couldn't hear anymore of what she had to say, it was too painful. So, I walked on.

I was such a thick-headed . How could I trade away that wonderful time and the perfect girl for 40,000
? Dammit, I hate myself even more everyday just thinking about it.

I knew, that if I pleaded to her, to let me have a second chance, she would never forgive me. She undoubtedly hates my guts.

That's why I wanted to try and make her jealous. But, I bet that's not gonna work. She's probably with that Jonghyun guy.

I regret that terrible mistake so much. But anything's worth a try to get Eunjin back in my life.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Yipee~ New chapter ^ u ^ I hope you guys like it (: