Chapter Two

Secret, Secret

YOUR POV
 

My alarm clock went off, making obnoxious beeps. I groaned, sat up, and hit the button to shut it up. It was 5:30 on a Wednesday morning.

I laid down on my warm, comfy bed. Did I really have to get up now? My head was still a bit dizzy.

I sighed and got up, still half asleep. Quickly, I ran to my bathroom to freshen up and put on my school uniform.

When I was finally dressed up, I looked outside my window. It was snowing and probably negative something degrees.

On the corner of my eye, I noticed Jonghyun's scarf on my desk.

Keep it. You might need it tomorrow.

I smiled as I picked up the scarf and put it around my neck. Tch. Jonghyun knows everything.

I went downstairs and saw my omma making breakfast. "Good morning, Eunjin-ah~" she sang.

"Hi, omma." Ah, soup and rice. I always loved my mom's cooking. So, I gobbled everything up, as if I haven't eaten for weeks.

"Omma!" I said. "I'm gonna go now!"

"Take care, honey!~ It's cold outside!"

"Ne!" I slowly put on my shoes and exited my house, knowing I wasn't going to be late. 

Good thing I wore the scarf, it was hella freezing. I couldn't feel my poor legs anymore.

In my knapsack, I pulled out my MP3 player and inserted the earplugs in my ear. Surprisingly, my favorite song came on when I turned it on: Super Junior's "Why I Like You".

It was a daily routine; walking to school while listening to KPOP. It was the one and only thing that could never leave me.

While I was enjoying myself, out of nowhere, two cold and soft hands covered my eyes. "Jonghyun?" I laughed.

"Nope." I heard the person say. What a liar.

I forcefully turned my body around, to see my best friend. He smiled with his tongue sticking out.

"Wow, you liar!" I yelled. I playfully hit his arm.

"Yah!" Jonghyun shouted. "That hurt!"

Thinking about getting back at him, I began to sprint to my destination. "Wait, hey!"

I turned to look back and saw him running toward me.

After a while, I grew tired of running and my feet started hurt. Something I learned today: Converse aren't good running shoes.

From behind me, Jonghyun laughed an evil laugh and grabbed me. He was holding my waist.

"Um, you can let go now." I told him.

"Uh, oh yeah." He was blushing, I could tell.

The both of us starting walking to school, side by side, but what separated us was an awkward silence.

To lighten up the atmosphere, I asked him a question. "So... is there someone you like at school?" What a stupid question. Of course he wouldn't answer.

He scratched his brown hair and said, "Um... no one really." I knew it. That's what everyone says.

"Aigoo, there has to be someone that catches your eye. You're already in high school!"

"There's no one."

"C'mon!" I shouted and stared at him.

"Geez, fine! There is someone I like. Happy?" He looked down at the ground. Whoops, I think he's mad at me...

"Yeah, it's good to know that my Jonghyun-ah, has someone he looks for."

Jonghyun turned his attention from the ground to my neck. "Oh, you're wearing it."

"Oh, yeah. I am."

"That's good, it's really cold today." Jonghyun's frown became a smile again.

We finally reached school. Once we entered the building, being the curious girl I am, I asked him, "Who is it? The girl you like?"

He smirked at me. "You don't need to know~"

"Aish, tell me! Could it be... you like guys?"

"No!" He said and ruffled my hair.

"Don't touch my hair! It was already fixed!" I shouted.

He laughed and I lightly punched him. "Hey, don't hit me. I'm older than you."

"What ever!" We both turned at a corner and coincidentally, Minho and Soohye were right in front of us. I bumped into his chest. I looked up at him, and he stared back at me. "Are you okay?" he asked.

Without responding, I backed off and walked to Jonghyun. Why the heck am I so clumsy?

"Omo. Are you guys together?" Soohye asked. "You two look cute! Right, jagiya?"

"N-no, we aren't!" I explained. Minho angrily looked away from me and rolled his eyes.

"Um, sorry," Jonghyun said. He grabbed my hand and pulled us out of that embarrassing situation.

I hope Minho doesn't think Jonghyun and I are together. He might ignore me because I know he has something against him. Soohye, that little... ugh, that irritating girl! I hate her! She really must love making me feel stupid.

Jonghyun glanced at me. "You alright?"

I shook my head. That wasn't a good way to start the day.