Chapter One

Secret, Secret

YOUR POV
 

Oh, crap, he’s coming this way. Choi Minho's coming my way. I could feel my heart pounding my chest. Why does he have to be so perfectly gorgeous?  I was practically staring at him, like an idiot. His broad shoulders, his graceful strides. That stunning smile that seems to get me everytime. Then suddenly, his eyes made contact with mine. I turned around and faced my locker.

“Hi,” he said with his deep, yet gentle voice.

I slightly turned around to see who he was talking to; a slight chance of even being me. Good thing I didn’t have my hopes up high. It was his new girlfriend, Soohye. I sighed. They’ve been together for a month now. And she was annoyingly popular- well she thought she was. People said she was the "queenka" of our school, but I didn't believe it. She was just one of those fake, wannabe girls that I've always disliked. I can't believe someone like Minho would actually see something, that isn't "fake", in her.

“Oppa!” Soohye said. She wrapped her arms around his waist and they hugged for what seemed like forever to me. Jealousy came over me. It hit me as strong as if a bullet train did. I think I should just leave…

“Oh, Eunjin!” Soohye said, cheerily. Ugh. What does she want from me? I turned around. “Oh, hi, Soohye.” I said.

“Did we have any homework for math?”

“Oh, yeah, page 457-"

“Could you do it for me?” She smiled.

Oh, heck no. No way was I going to do work for such a girl like her. Me, being a slave for her, while she gets to spend time with Minho? But on the other hand, I didn't want to turn her down in front of Minho. He'd probably ignore me for being "mean" to his girl.

So, as I always do, I accepted. "Oh, okay."

She gave me her notebook. “Thanks! Give it back to me at math class tomorrow!” She hugged me and returned to Minho's side.

"Oppa! Let's go," Soohye sang.

He nodded and smiled at me. "See ya later, Eunjin."

As they left, I could feel my body heat rise. "He smiled at me," I whispered, blushing.

I guess accepting Soohye was worth it after all. That smile made my day.

 

***

 

The bell rang and school was done. Everyone left the classroom immediately, even Minho. I watched as he packed his stuff and left. He was probably going to go on a date with Soohye.

Once he left, I buried my face in my arms. I groaned, letting out all my frustration. I wanted to cry.

I suddenly had that feeling that I was being watched. I've always been aware of my surroundings.

Then, I heard breathing. I lifted my head up and saw my best friend, Kim Jonghyun.

I looked at him with a tired face. "Jonghyun-ah."

"Yah, what are you still doing here? Everybody's gone," he asked.

"Mianhae, my friend."

"Is it Minho, again?" I nodded. "Aish. Forget about him. I hate seeing you like this everyday."

I sighed and mumbled, "I can't. I can't help remembering the memories of our past relationship. I mean, they were the best and he just left me."

"C'mon, Eun Jin. Let's go home." He picked up my hands from under my face and smiled. "Let's go!"

I stood up from my desk like a zombie, grabbed my knapsack, and followed Jonghyun out the door.

We walked down all the flights of stairs and went to the front gates of the school.

It was cold outside, and snowing, as well. I'm never good at planning times like these, so I was just wearing my regular uniform: a blazer, black knee-high stockings, and a pair of Converse.

Jonghyun looked at me and laughed. "Oh, Eunjin. You didn't bring anything, huh?"

"What? Oh, no..." I answered. My body was shivering now.

He walked towards me and wrapped a fluffy scarf around my neck. He patted my head.

"What about you? Aren't you cold?" I said, trying to remove the scarf.

His cold hand touched mines and he fixed the scarf once again. "Nah, it's okay. I've always like the cold anyways. Let's just go."

He grabbed my arm and we set off, walking back home.

 

***

 

JONGHYUN'S POV
 

After a while, I let go of her arm, after all, she might think I'm a weirdo for clinging onto her for too long. She was so warm, though. Yes, I was freakin' freezing. But I didn't want Eunjin to get sick; she's never ready for weather like this. Good thing I always remember to bring something for her, just in case.

I glanced back at her, wondering what she was doing. I could tell she was thinking about something; watching the trees sway and the snow fall. Eunjin looked like a little, wandering kid. How cute.

When we finally reached her house, the first thing she did was take off the scarf.

"Here you go," she said.

I pushed it away from me and said, "Keep it. You might need it tomorrow."

"Are you sure?"

"Mhmm. Don't forget to bring it!"

She nodded. "Bye, Jonghyun! See you tomorrow!"

I watched her enter the small condominium and waved as she closed the door.

I sighed and hit my head. Ah, I'm so stupid. I'm acting like her boyfriend, when I know she doesn't even like me that way. She thinks of me as just her dongsaeng.

I continued walking to my home, pondering to myself. I'll change her mind about me. Next time, I won't be your brother anymore.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey, everyone! I'm finally baaack~ I just edited this chapter a bit, but I decided to continue this story! Please stayed tuned! ^^