Polaris pt.2

Polaris

Long story short, Hoya was a wuss.

Three days had passed since Dongwoo's arrival and Hoya still had not introduced himself. He instead opted to spend his days avoiding the other when he came to visit, coming up with bogus excuses to keep away from the attractive male ("How are you and him even related?" he would ask Sungyeol in private). During the nights, instead of focusing on locating the Polaris along the little dipper, he'd become distracted by the star on Earth named Dongwoo. Hoya spent two nights staring at Dongwoo interacting with his cousin through his telescope rather than gazing at Theta Per or Omega Aur.

"Yah, Lee Howon! You look like a kicked puppy, stop being so pathetic and go greet the boy!" Sungjong yelled as he practically beat his brother's door down.

Being dragged kicking and screaming from his own bedroom by his 15 year-old brother had to be the most embarrassing moment of his life, Hoya concluded.

After being forced to shower and clothed by his younger sibling ("You have horrid fashion sense, consider this a favor"), Hoya was subject to leave the comfort of his home and come face to face with the boy whose smile was more beautiful than the stars.

The meeting went a lot better in Hoya's mind than it did in reality. He planned on being smooth and chic while they hung out, instead, the entire afternoon consisted of awkward staring between the two while Sungyeol and Sungjong were off in their own little world together. 

"Uh, so what do you do for fun?" Dongwoo asked, grasping at straws for any sign of a decent conversation.

He spoke to me first! Quick! Say something you idiot!

"I like gazing at the stars, but now I think I've found something brighter to gaze at." Hoya replied as smooth as possible in his mind, but it instead came out as an unholy yelp of "I-uh-like stars!"

Obviously embarrassed beyond belief, Hoya looked down as he heard Sungjong and Sungyeol laugh uproariously in the background and the stifled snickering of Dongwoo. At that exact moment, Hoya realized that it was all or nothing because Dongwoo was already laughing at him, so why not? As he abruptly stood, the laughter stopped and all eyes were on him.

"You were right, Sungyeol, he is cute" Dongwoo said with a smile on his face 

Wait, what?

Hoya stood before Dongwoo, mouth agape because he had just called him cute. He had no idea what had came over him, but whatever it was opened the floodgates and Hoya couldn't stop himself.

"You're so cute. Like, really cute and I don't just mean your looks although, wow you're attractive. I also mean your personality is cute and the way you say things is cute just pleasedateme." Hoya took a gasp of air into his lungs after that lengthy confession.

"You said you like stars right? What if I can't be your sun?" Dongwoo asked.

"That's the thing though, you don't have to be my sun because a lot of people need the sun and on top of that the sun is too hot to even touch and I'd much rather prefer a star right next to me that I can hold and--" Hoya rambled before he was cut off by the gagging sounds of the couple behind him.

"You're so gross, just kiss already" Sungjong said in a jokingly annoyed manner.

"Gladly." Dongwoo said as their lips met in a soft kiss.

In that moment, Hoya believed that he no longer had to look into the night sky to find his shining star

 

 

 

 

Thank you for reading this story!