Protect

Worried

Words: 2,904

 

Yixing loves it when Suho smiles. He gets this tingly feeling in his stomach, the same feeling that reaches for his face until he feels the heat rising in his cheeks and seemingly spreading throughout his whole body.

 

He loves how Suho's whole expression changes whenever he smiles. It makes him look younger than he naturally is. Not that it matters because Yixing seriously doubts that Suho could ever not look young.

 

However Yixing doesn't like it when Suho fakes his emotions. He hates it when he sees the fake smile that Suho paints on in hopes that he is fooling people into believing that, yes, he's alright  nothing is wrong even when absolutely nothing is going the way it's supposed to. He hates that helpless feeling he gets when he sees that expression but can't do anything about it because Suho is vehement about doing everything by himself and believes in not burdening anyone with what he thinks are his personal duties.

 

***

Suho loves Yixing's smile. He loves the way those pink lips curl up, revealing pearly white teeth and unearthing a beautiful dimple shaped into his right cheek. And no matter how cheesy it sounds, he loves how Yixing's eyes seem to sparkle whenever he finds mirth in a certain situation.

 

Contrarily, Suho absolutely abhors the look of worry on Yixing's face whenever the younger man manages to see past the fronts that Suho puts up all too often. He hates the frown that finds its way onto Yixing's handsome face, marring his forehead with worry lines that Suho believes have no business being there. He knows that when Yixing offers to help him, he means well, but Suho is too used to doing things on his own only accepting minimum help from anyone (even Kris, his fellow leader).

 

***

"Hyung, dinner's ready. Kyungsoo says to come eat before your food gets cold." Yixing peeks his head into the room where Joonmyun had practically locked himself in for the past six hours, choosing to skip lunch and only having an apple for breakfast.

 

He sees the older man hunched over a desk poring over the groups’ week schedule, making last minute changes and arrangements.

 

"Ah Xing-xing. I'm almost done. Just a few more things to do and I'll be there, OK?" Suho says, taking a moment to look up from the papers laid out in front of him.

 

Yixing frowns slightly at the elder’s answer, walking into the room, he makes his way to the desk where Joonmyun has stationed himself and stands behind his chair. He stoops down to nearly the same height as Joonmyun is in the chair and proceeds to wrap his arms around the older man’s shoulders, placing his cheek alongside Joonmyun's and ignoring the heat rising in his and the thundering of his heart.

 

He feels Joonmyun stiffen slightly before relaxing into his hold.

 

"Hyuuunnng~." Yixing says in an exasperated but fond tone.

 

"You need to eat. You're barely getting any rest nowadays, and I know you didn't have any breakfast this morning. And no hyung an apple does not count. That was six hours ago," the dancer says before Joonmyun could protest.

 

"But Yi-"

 

"No hyung, you have to at least eat something. I don't want you to get sick or faint. Please~." Yixing says, turning his head in order to look directly at the leader and using his puppy eyes for added insurance.

 

Joonmyun knew that this was a losing, if not already lost, battle the moment he looked into Yixing's brown eyes. He pushes down the blush threatening to expose itself on his pale cheeks and then sighs in surrender.

 

"Alright Xing-ah. I'll come eat dinner. Just let me put these away, alright?"

 

"Ok hyung," Yixing says as he rises from his previous position on the floor, already missing the feeling of Joonmyun's body in his arms. He turns and makes his way back to the dining room, just missing the way Joonmyun's gaze follows after him longingly.

 

***

Yixing isn't jealous. This wasn't jealousy he was feeling it was just... well, he couldn't quite pinpoint what emotion it was playing in his chest but Yixing was sure it wasn't jealousy.... He is not jealous seeing Kai so close to Joonmyun as the whole group gathered in the living room to watch a movie. He certainly isn’t jealous as he watches Kai's face move uncomfortably close to Suho's as they share a laugh at the current movie scene. And he definitely isn't staring murderously at the way Chen's hand was placed on Suho's thigh. Nope, not jealous at all he thinks even as scenarios of possibly castrating Jongin run through his mind.

 

This whole movie thing had been Yixing's idea in another attempt to get Joonmyun to rest after catching him overworking himself again. He only wanted Joonmyun to be able to relax instead of worrying like he was prone to doing. However, what Yixing obviously hadn't counted on was the clinginess of Kai and Chen on their leader. It didn't help anything when he saw the lingering smirk on Kai and Jongdae's lips every time they managed to catch his eyes, almost as if they could see the definitely-not-jealousy in Yixing's eyes.

 

"Ughh," Jongdae groaned at the collision of a pillow with his head. When he turned in the direction in which the projectile had come from, all he saw was Yixing with a satisfied smirk on his lips, head turned towards the movie.

 

***

"Joonmyun-Hyung" Yixing says as he comes up behind him and wraps his arms around Suho's slim hips, chin hooking over Suho's shoulder. He tries not to think about how close their faces are and how, if he just turned his head a bit, he could-No. He isn't thinking about that.

 

Yixing had spent a while trying to find the older man in order to rope him into taking a nap with him before finally locating him in the kitchen reading over what looks like a recipe book. It wasn't exactly a familiar sight.

 

"What are you doing?" Yixing asks peering over Joonmyun's shoulder, expression morphing into one of confusion.

 

It's not that Joonmyun had never cooked before, he had. Rather it was just that he was more used to seeing Kyungsoo in Joonmyun's current position, reading over various recipe books and seeing which one would be better suited for that night’s dinner (however in the end he seldom used them, preferring instead to use his own recipes).

 

"No one's eaten yet, and since Kyungsoo is out with Jongin and Chanyeol, I thought I'd make something," Joonmyun replies.

 

"You do know you could've just asked me right?" Yixing asks, raising a single eyebrow even though Joonmyun couldn't see him as he was focused on the ingredients laid out in front of him.

 

“I know, but I didn't want to bother you. You looked tired."

 

'And you don't?' Yixing thinks ruefully.

 

"Hyung, really..." Yixing mutters as he unhooks his arms from around Suho's waist. He maneuvers around the kitchen taking out the necessary cooking utensils and laying them out on the counter top.

 

Joonmyun could do nothing but stare dumbly after the dancer as he watches him move around.

 

"Yixing, what are you doing?" Joonmyun asks, kinda stupidly, but a cute endearing kind of stupid in Yixing's opinion.

 

"Helping you obviously." Yixing states simply.

 

When he had taken out everything he needed, the dancer moves back to his previous position beside Joonmyun.

 

"But when we're done here, you have to come take a nap with me OK?" Yixing asks, forehead creasing worriedly. "You look tired."

 

Joonmyun can feel his heart pick up a bit at Yixing's obvious worrying. He seriously doubts he would be able to fall asleep with Yixing beside him, but he felt himself nod regardless.

 

The smile that practically shines on Yixing's face at Joonmyun's answer is, to Joonmyun, well worth it.

 

***

Yixing has no idea when he first developed this crush on Joonmyun. Thinking back on it, it could've been when they first really got to know each other as trainees and Yixing had taken to helping Joonmyun with the dance routines they were assigned or, better yet, it could've easily been in between all of Suho's continuous smiles and seemingly effortless maneuvering of EXOs daily lives.

 

Truthfully Yixing isn't really that concerned about those particular details, all he knows is that at this point he doesn't know how NOT to be completely and utterly infatuated, perhaps even in love, with Kim Joonmyun. And he's not particularly sure he wants to not know.

 

There have been multiple occasions when Yixing had entertained the thought of confessing to the older man, but... he hadn't. He didn't know what he'd do if Suho were to reject him.

 

***

"Yixing hyung, you like Suho hyung right?" Jongdae questions as he rushes into the living room, Jongin walking behind him. Yixing begins to cough harshly, air having rushed down the wrong pipe. Jongin quietly chuckles as he gently pats the older man on the back.

 

When Yixing finally manages to right himself, he lays down the book he'd been reading and shrugs off Jongin's hand.

 

"Jongdae, what the hell are you on about now?" he asks as he glares at the main singer.

 

"Well, you know how you're always staring at Joonmyun hyung? And how he's always staring you? Well-"

 

"Joonmyun stares at me?" Yixing asks in a manner that can only be described as love-struck.

 

Jongdae can't help but roll his eyes fondly at the Chinese man.

 

"Yes hyung. How you don't notice is beyond me. It's quite obvious really. But as I was sayi-"

 

"You really thinks he stares at me?" Yixing interrupts again with an expression akin to a school girl with a crush, a pink blush making its way up his cheeks.

 

This time it's Jongin who rolls his eyes at his hyung's expression. He laughs as he sits beside the Chinese dancer, "Hyung, have you ever thought of confessing to Suho hyung?"

 

Yixing's eyes widen as he processes Jongin's question, "I-I can't", he says as he shakes his head vigorously.

 

Jongdae looks at him incredulously, "What do you mean you can't? Didn't you hear what we just said? Joonmyun. Hyung. Likes. You. Too."

 

"Even so..." Yixing replies, "Nothing’s ever certain."

 

"Aish!" Jongdae groans, beyond frustrated. Beside him, the dancer can hear Jongin muttering something about pessimists and lovelorn, oblivious people. Yixing glares at him.

 

"Seriously hyung? Can you guys be any more obvious, yet neither of you is willing to fess up?" Jongin shakes in head in mock sympathy.

 

"Who's being obvious and who won't fess up?"

 

Yixing startles as he hears the Korean leaders voice directly behind him. His heart immediately picks up. "Oh, hey Joonmyun hyung," Jongdae greets the elder, lips stretched in a Cheshire like smile, "We were just talking about you."

 

Joonmyun smiles at the younger and moves to sit by Yixing's side.

 

"So? Who were you guys talking about?" he asks.

 

"Hyung, what do you think Yixing-ge should do if he likes someone and we've already told him that the person likes him back, but he doesn't want to risk ruining the working relationship they already have? Don't you think he should at least try?"

 

At that moment all Yixing could think of was how much he believes in peace and how, no, he shouldn't murder Kim Jongin because he was a dear friend and they were band mates and....

 "Shouldn't he just confess, hyung?"

…And Yixing has no idea how to hide a dead body on such short notice, though he could always pay someone to do it for him because, truthfully, Kim Jongin had no idea when to shut up and leave well enough alone.

 

"You like someone Xing?" Yixing can't help but flinch as Suho's incredulous gaze switches from Jongin to him, the leader’s eyes widening in surprise.

 

"Ah, about that..." Yixing rubs the nape of his neck nervously and looks everywhere but at Suho.

 

“Who is she? Or is it a guy? Not that I would mind or anything, I mean it is your love life and it’s not like it’s any of my business really… it’s just that… I mean… I have something to take care of.”

 

Before Yixing could respond or stop him Suho was out of the living room, and seconds later the dancer could hear his bedroom door close.

 

***

For the next few days, Joonmyun seemed to be avoiding Yixing like the bubonic plague. And if he thinks the dancer doesn’t notice, he’s dead wrong.

 

Wherever the Chinese dancer was, the Korean leader seemed to have an excuse to not be in the same room and whenever that couldn’t be avoided, he made sure not to have any sort of contact with him.

 

Although he was being ignored, that didn’t stop Yixing from caring for Suho. He still made sure the elder was eating and sleeping properly, and that he didn’t have too much on his plate at the same time. He was always patient

 

However, no matter how patient a person is, there is only so much they can take until they crack. And Yixing had reached his.

 

***

“You’re ignoring me hyung.” It's not a question, but a statement.

 

Suho startles at the sound of his bedroom door closing and locking. Looking up he sees Yixing standing with his back to the door, arms folded across his chest. The china man’s face was expressionless, but Joonmyun could see the hurt in those brown eyes and it hurt him to know he was the cause for that pain.

 

“W-what are you talking about Yixing?” Joonmyun mutters, eyes downcast.

 

Yixing chuckles mirthlessly as he slowly walks to Joonmyun’s bed.

 

 “Really hyung? You don’t know? So you haven’t been avoiding me for the last week? You haven’t been ignoring me whenever we find ourselves together? If not, why are you stuttering hyung?” By now, Lay has reached where Joonmyun sat on his bed. He kneels on the bed when his shin hits the edge. He wraps his arms around the elder’s waist and draws him closer.

 

“Hyung, why are you ignoring me?” Yixing whispers as he gently nuzzles the Korean male’s neck with his nose.

 

“Y-Yixing-ah, s-stop. W-what are you doing?” Joonmyun places his hands on the dancer’s shoulders, but does nothing else.

 

“Joonmyunie hyung, I have something I want to tell you.” Yixing moves from Suho‘s neck to his jaw line, peppering the surface with feathery kisses. He can feel Joonmyun’s pulse rise and it causes him to smile. “It’s about the person I like.”

 

Joonmyun can feel his heart drop at those words, but he still can’t bring himself to push Yixing away. Perhaps because he feels as though this is the last time he would ever have Yixing in such an intimate position. Or because Joonmyun is simply selfish… and a masochist… a selfish masochist. Great.

 

“I think I’m going to confess soon. I don’t want to regret it if I don’t, so it’s better if I do. Don’t you think so?” Yixing moves up to Joonmyun’s forehead, the kisses no less intimate but more reserved.

 

Suho’s eyes reflexively close in reaction to the new kisses, but also to the tears forming in his eyes. He keeps his head down towards the bed, hoping Yixing doesn’t notice.

 

“That’s great X-Xingie. I know you’ll make them h-happy.” Joonmyun says with a shaky smile. But will they make you happy? He keeps this thought to himself.

 

Yixing tilts Suho’s head up towards him. “Hyung, you’re so oblivious. But then again so am I, so I guess it works out in the end.” He places a kiss to the corner of the leader’s mouth.

 

“Here goes. I love you hyung and I hope you feel the same way. I'm sorry if this confession isn't what you expected but.. I really do love you.” With that Yixing presses one last lingering kiss to Joonmyun’s lips. 

 

Before he could properly react, Lay feels Joonmyun’s weight lean on him pushing them both back unto the bed.

 

“You jerk! I almost cried because of you!” Joonmyun yells, continuously punching Yixing wherever he could reach.

 

Yixing laughs as he turns them over putting himself on top and pinning the elders hand on top of his head.

 

“So I’m guessing that’s a yes right?” Suho squirms until Yixing releases his hands, then he winds his arms around the dancers neck and tugs him down. Sealing their lips together, Joonmyun could’ve sworn that there were fireworks going off somewhere, but they were indoors so that doesn't make much sense.

 

He feels the dancer’s tongue running over the seam of his lips and opens his mouth, inviting the younger inside.

 

Finally pulling apart, Yixing places his forehead on Joonmyun’s; their breaths intermingling.

 

“Thanks for always looking after me Xing-ah. Saranghae.” Yixing smiles and kisses his angel’s eyes. 

 

“My pleasure, love.”

 

 

A/N: IT’S DONE… what do I do with myself now… /le sigh

Aaanywho, it’s done!!!! Yay! I procrastinated so bloody much and there were no ideas for such a long time… /silent sobbing

Alrighty then, I really hope you guys like this. I feel that its lacking, but as long as you guys like it I’m happy. Especially you Milayka, I hope you liked it. Sorry it took so long :(

Byeeee loves! xD