The Difference

Teardrops

Kiyomi: Look, Dada is here to pick us up.

I walked to them and smiled. They were all so cute and small. I picked up Hana as she picked up Hikaru. I guess she knew that she would always have a boy; maybe it was mother instinct who knows. After all this time I still don't know much about women. We slowly walked to our house allowing our children to enjoy and relax as the sun is shining on them brightly. Once we reached the house, we put them in their cribs and watched them sleep for a bit before we went downstairs.

Sitting on the couch like a couch potato was Kisame who was stuffing his face with food. I took Kiyomi back to her room to rest and went downstairs again. I sat on a chair thinking. I told myself plenty of times that I am a father now and I have a lot more responsibilities than I did before. I got up off the chair and went upstairs to where Kiyomi and the kids were sleeping. I slid under the covers and took a nap to escape from reality for at least a little bit. I woke up due to someone shaking me lightly; I rubbed my eyes a bit and see Kiyomi smiling down at me telling me that it was time for me to eat. I got up off the bed and walked downstairs. Once I was downstairs there was no one in sight. I walked to the living room to see if anyone was there but saw no one. I walked to the kitchen and saw no one and there wasn't anyone at the dinner table either. I then walked to the back yard and saw a happy birthday sign and everyone saying happy birthday to me. I was shocked; even though Kiyomi just had twins she still had so many things running through her mind. She still had the strength to pull of this party for me; I smiled and walked towards her hugging her. She just made me feel so happy; as if I didn't have my illness and as if I didn't have to get killed by Sasuke.

Kiyomi: I'm going to take the kids back inside before they get sick; Happy 18th birthday Ita-chan.

With that she walked back inside with both Hana and Hikaru in her arms. I just continued smiling at them. To me, they were the best presents I could ever even receive. Even if the kids knew what I did for a living, which was being a double agent for Konoha and Akatsuki, Kiyomi would always reassure them and tell them that it was to help people in our village live a better world and all this other stuff. I don't know what I would do if she wasn't here. She's always been here for me and vice versa. She knows that I am going to die sooner or later yet she makes me feel like I am going to live a longer life than I should be.

She then came back out with a cake decorated with dango and with a candle at the very top of it. She sang happy birthday to me and I blew out the candle making a wish. Wishing that I would live a long life with my children and wife; wishing that this was all a dream and I would wake up as if it was a nightmare. I knew I was too good to be true but I wished for it anyways. Maybe if I had taken the operation everything would change maybe if, I sighed and cut the cake.

The day after that, I felt better than I did 5 years ago. I got up out of bed, and ran up a tree at full speed however, half way up the tree I started to cough violently and fell down at the trunk of the tree. I just sat there hopelessly; I did this every day and since I did the higher I climbed. Maybe the medicine is finally taking its effect because I feel great! Better than I ever did in fact even better. However, soon after Kiyomi started to cough just ever so slightly. After I finished recovering I can finally train again and it doesn't hurt to use my Sharingan either so I was relieved. I started sparing with Kisame again and for some reason my skills never decreased I was alive and well; and then I kicked Kisame's .

Kisame: Hey, don't push yourself so hard; I know you are sick and trying to improve yourself every chance you get but don't go over the top with things.

Me: What are you talking about? I am not pushing myself to the limits. Besides I didn't even try. Maybe the meds are finally kicking in.

Kisame: Yeah maybe. Maybe not who knows. Anyways you want to go another round?

Me: Nah, I'm hungry; I'm going to see what Kiyomi is cooking up for lunch and check on the kids while at it.

Kisame: Ok.

I took off my sandals and entered the house. There was humming and laughing in the kitchen. I then see everything set up on the table and Kiyomi sitting on a chair feeding both of them at the same time. Her hair was tied up in a high bun and her face was covered in baby food.

Kiyomi: Ah, Ita-chan lunch is ready. Just wait a little bit after I am finished feeding them you guys can come and eat.

Me: Oh, Okay. Do you need help feeding them? You look like you have your hands full.

Kiyomi: Help would be great! Let me get myself cleaned up.

Me: Wait, come here.

Kiyomi: Huh?

And without her noticing I her cheek that was covered in mashed potatoes and said,

Me: That was delicious.

Kiyomi: NYAHHHH!

And blushed; I just chuckled at her and continued to feed the children. After, she was finished cleaning up and after I was done feeding for Hikaru and Hana, we all settled down to eat lunch.

Kisame: MAN, I'm hungry thanks for the food.

Kiyomi and I: Thanks for the food.

We all start eating in silence until Kisame says,

Kisame: Kiyomi, you should've seen your husband today! He was fighting like his usual self again!

Kiyomi: Ita-chan! I told you not to push yourself. Sheesh, sometimes you act like a child.

Me: Hn.

Kisame: See! He isn't even coughing anymore!

Kiyomi: Sure, let's get a doctor to check him up then.

Me: We will.

Kiyomi: You mean YOU will right?

Me: Yeah, I will.

With that we all quiet down and continued eating. After we all finished eating, I went with Kisame to get my health checked while Kiyomi stayed at home to clean up the dishes and watch after the kids. Apparently, I got lady Tsunade to check me up and she said I was totally fine and I healed up nicely and unknowingly. She didn't know how it can be healed without medical attention and was glad that it was replaced. I left the hospital with relief and walked home. I picked up some groceries on the way. Once I entered the house, Kiyomi was nowhere to be seen I looked upstairs to see if she was sleeping there and I looked everywhere within the house. I then walked outside into our backyard to find her sleeping on our three people outdoor swing with it swinging slightly back and forth and with the wind blowing ever so slightly on her face. I just smiled and carried her bridal style back inside the house.

I laid her on the bed and watched all three of them sleep and then I slowly drifted off to sleep. I was then awakened by someone jumping on me and giggling quite loudly. I opened my eyes to see Hana just jumping on me while Hikaru was curled up in Kiyomi's arms sleeping. I just smiled and picked Hana up; apparently, if Hana is jumping on people that means she needs to go to the bathroom. I took her to the bathroom and let her do her business while supervising her. I wonder what would happen if I died; would that mean Kiyomi would have to take care of both of them all alone. How would she explain to both Hikaru and Hana about what happened to me?

~Few years later~

I was playing with both Hikaru and Hana teaching them games and teaching them the way of the ninja. While, Kiyomi on the other hand was getting terribly ill and refused to see a doctor. She said that she already went to the doctors and they stated that it was just a cold so I didn't bug her about it.

Kiyomi's P.O.V

I was sitting on the three people swing in the back yard watching Itachi, Hikaru, and Hana all play with each other. I can't let them know what I am planning or it will be too late. Itachi asked me to go to the doctor's however; I told him that I already went to get myself checked and he quit bugging me about it. He then asked if I was going to go inside with them because the twins need to take a nap. I told him no, and they went inside. I then waited half an hour or so until I got up from my seat and quickly entered the house. I quickly went upstairs to check if they were asleep which they were. I silently cried, kissed them all goodbye and left the house with Kisame.