1

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place

"Kim Jongin, wait for me!" Seohyun frowned as she chased after Kai

 

Kim Seohyun, a 22 year old young lady who is a Korean teacher at Seoul High School. She has captured the hearts of many fine gentlemen but sadly, she rejected all of them. She was never really interested in finding love or having a boyfriend to be exact. She just wanted to focus on her teacher career and think about having a boyfriend later on in life. She's has a huge obsession with sweet potato and keroro. Moved out with her brother to another house near her parents. Knows a little Chinese.

"Hurry noona, you're going to be late, appa and umma expect us to be there by noon!" Kai nagged at her.

Kim Jongin, 18, prefers to be called Kai although Seohyun prefers to call him Jongin, Seohyun's younger brother. Studies at Seoul High School. Like Seohyun, he doesn't really bother about love and wants to focus on pursuing a dance career. Girls swoon over him but he rejects all of them. Can be really naggy and time. Dancing is his hobby.

Seohyun and Kai were rushing over to their parents house for a last minute family reunion.

"Why did appa and umma have to plan this reunion at such a last minute?" Kai groaned. "My precious beauty sleep was disturbed!"

"Oh please, I was halfway watching Keroro, how do you think I feel?" Seohyun rolled her eyes.

They hopped into a taxi and immediately took off.

---

"Ding dong!"

"Appa, umma!" Seohyun ran up to her mother and gave her a big tight hug.

"Seohyun-ah, why do I feel like it's been ages since I last saw you?" Taeyeon smiled.

"I just saw you 3 days ago, why? Miss me already?" Seohyun chuckled.

"Of course I do, I miss my two children so much!" Taeyeon gave both Seohyun and Kai a hug.

"We miss you too, umma. Speaking of which, where's appa?" Kai asked.

"I'm here, did someone mention my name?" Baekhyun appeared out of nowhere.

"Appa!" Kai and Seohyun ran up to their father and gave him a hug.

"There is my beautiful daughter and my handsome son, come, dinner is right this way, your mom cooked up a feast for us!" Baekhyun grinned and led them to the dining hall.

---

"Oh my, you two have grown so much!" Seungah gasped.

"Such a pretty lady you've become!" Yura complimented.

"Looking handsome today eh?" Eunhyuk chuckled.

Seohyun and Kai went around greeting and thanking their relatives, some which they don't even remember.

---
"Thank you for dinner!"

Halfway through dinner, Seohyun's cousin Eunhyuk asked, "So, any boyfriend yet, Seohyun?"

Seohyun nearly choked on the water she was drinking. "Me? Boyfriend? No way!" she emphasized on the "no way".

"What about you, Kai? Any girlfriend?" Seungah asked.

"Nope, I'm married to dancing" Kai chuckled.

Seungah rolled her eyes, "Taeyeon-ah, if your children aren't going to start dating soon, you aren't going to get grandchildren until you're at least age 70"

Taeyeon laughed, "Unnie, don't be too hard on them, as much as I would like my Seohyun and Kai to go out and date, I can't force them to so I'll just have to wait for the time being."

---

"I'm exhausted!" Seohyun said as she laid down on the couch.

"As if I'm not." Kai rolled his eyes.

Seohyun starting thinking," Jongin-ah, what if unnie was right? That we need to start dating, I mean, I don't want to give birth when umma turns 70!"

"Relax, noona was just joking. She didn't mean it, and since when did you start to care so much about boys and dating?" Kai asked.

"I never did, it's just what unnie said that got me thinking." Seohyun replied.

Kai rolled his eyes, "Right. And it's nearly midnight, Seo, try to get some sleep soon, goodnight!" Kai went up to his room.

Seohyun sighed. She could tell that her parents really wanted her to find a boyfriend and start dating but she couldn't, she's seen a lot of the heartbreaks that has happened to her friends and she didn't want the same thing happening to her, she was scared, scared to fall in love.

---

Somwhere at the other side of Seoul...

"I will get a girlfriend when I'm ready, appa, just not now!" Luhan threw his phone on the bed and buried his face in a pillow.

Xi Luhan, 23, a Chinese teacher at Seoul High School, often gets mistaken for a girl, just moved from Beijing to Seoul about 3 months ago with his younger sister, Xi Hyoyeon. His previous girlfriend cheated on him and from then on, he swore never to fall in love again. His father works in Beijing and his mother left him and his father when he was only age 4. His father is usually busy with his work and doesn't pay much attention to what his children do. Knows a little Korean.

"Gege, was it father again?" Hyoyeon asked, concerned.

Hyoyeon, 17, studies at Seoul High School. Luhan's younger sister. Loves dancing and hopes to pursue a dance career. Cares about Luhan a lot and wants the best for him. Knows a little Korean.

Luhan sighed, "Yes, he said that if I don't get a girlfriend by the end of this month, he'll arranged me to get married with some other girl I don't even know."
Hyoyeon frowned, "Gege, have you gotten over Yoon-"

"Yes, yes I have gotten over her." Luhan cut her off.

"Then why won't you at least try to find a girl?" Hyoyeon asked.

"I just don't want to get hurt again..." Luhan sighed.

"Gege, not every girl is like Yoona, one day you'll meet someone different, someone... special." Hyoyeon said.

"Yeah, I know, thanks Hyo" he said.

"Anything for you," she replied.

---

"Alright, class is about to begin, please take your seats!" Seohyun announced.

Hyoyeon just so happened to be in Seohyun's class.

1 hour later...

"Class dismissed!"

One by one the students gathered their books and left except Hyoyeon. She was trying to figure out the last question of the worksheet that Seohyun had handed out just now but she just couldn't solve it.

"Hyoyeon-ah, that is your name, right?" Seohyun asked.

"Nae, Seohyun seonsangnim." Hyoyeon replied.

"Just call me unnie. And you just transferred from Beijing 3 months ago?" Seohyun asked.

"Nae, unnie." Hyoyeon replied.

"Oh, I see. Why aren't you going home yet?" Seohyun asked.

"I'm trying to figure out this last question but I can't seem to find out the answer," Hyoyeon scratched her head.

"Here, let me help you," Seohyun offered.

And they spent the next two hours studying.