Second Event: Battle Royale

Asianfanfic Broadcasting System (ABS) Hero Bank

Those people are still looking at the cards. None of them have any clue what the lie even supposed to mean. Is the whole power thing is a fake?

Suengyeon turns toward everyone else, “Even if this thing is true, we cannot stay away from this after all, right?”

Jiyeon snickers, “I don’t need the power after all. All I want is to bring my sister back home.”

“Well, catching a criminal is my top priority!”

Jongsuk mutters, “We all have our own reason joining this fight, right?”

They all nod in agreement.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kyu keeps on walking and walking, till he stops, looking at two girls standing toward him side by side.

He just ignores the two, walking between them as one of them speaks up, “Kyu-oppa, why must you keep on resisting us?”

He stops for awhile, before keeps on going away from them.

The other one scoffs, looking at him, “Would you look at that, Kara? How dare oppa just ignore us both?”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Somewhere outside of the stadium, a portal appears with approximately 100 people walking out of there. One of them stumbles, causing a domino effect to appear among them.

“Sunhwa, stop tripping!” everyone shouts.

She quickly stands up, bowing at them all, “I’m so sorry!”

Zero stands up, rubbing off dirt of him, “Well, let’s not waste anymore time. Let’s get to our own position and wait the orders, understood?”

“Yes, sir!”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The crowd cheers once more.

“And now, welcome back to the 5th Hero Bank Tournament, brought to you by ABS and Reisos Company!”

“It is now the second event, and Doan, I just can’t wait to see what’s the second event should be right now.”

“Well, the second event would be comprising of eight blocks where numbers of participants are will be pit of against each other in a free-for-all deathmatch! From now onward, killing is permitted so for all participants, don’t fool around anymore! But if you do not want to kill, you can just stay till the longer time limit kicks off or just beat your opponent till they faint. We only accept at most 20 people to move the time forward.”

“Like what we’ve told before, the participants will be put together based on the number of damages they’ve received from the first event. And here is the ranking of the damages!”

A ranking is shown, showing a list of names slowly moving downward.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Taecyeon amazes, “Wah, we really did took amounts of attacks. 100 counts? How did we even survive that?”

Jongkook brags, “100 is nothing. I’ve got a lot more damages in a single fight.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Doan mutters as soon as the ranking disappears from the TV screen, “Now, all eight blocks won’t appear at the same time, but each one will appear one by one. The first fight will start from the block with the least damages till the one with the most attacks!”

Eisen hits the table a lot of time, “Enough chattering! Now, let us start the match!”

“Block A, begin! Survive in 60 minutes!”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinwoon is startled, “60 minutes one block? I am in the eighth block, then I have like…”

He starts counting with his fingers, as Jongsuk responds, “7 hours.”

“7 hours? Ya, that’s pretty long.”

“Then, shall we have some fun, handsome?” Hyosung sits beside him, causing him to shock and slowly moving away from her, “I…I already have someone…”

“Me too, and I don’t worry about that. She won’t know about us…”

“But…”

Hyoyoung mutters out loud, “Don’t like that! He’s that sensitive.”

She pouts, moving toward her, “What a .”

Joon just laughs at him, “Ya, don’t you ever seen such advance before?”

“Like my people have time for such activity, with the Earth is trying to kill us every seconds.”

She loses her smile, “If you are starved to death, then I will applaud your people.”

Joon turns to the screen, looking at people of the first block decreasing their numbers.

The announcers’ voices can be heard.

“Whoa, would you look at that! Yura of Bridge WMNDYS just killed three contestants in a row! Wah… just before at the backstage she look so sweet and she spoke to me.”

“I have become the anchor for five years straight to know that you shall never judge people’s strength by anything. If I recall correctly, the winner of the third Hero Bank Tournament is a polite young girl.”

“Really? That is so awesome!”

Jongkook takes a look at the fight as he speaks up, “The way I see the situation we are currently in, it’s better if we form a pact for now.”

“A pact?” Suzy turns toward him, “What for?”

“Survive. If we act alone, chances are we might have to fight more than one person in the death match and unable to survive.”

Seungyeon claps her hand, “I see! It is better to work as a team in the match!”

Hyoyoung mutters, “Not just for this match though. Maybe we need to still be together in the third event?”

Taecyeon stands up, seems excited, “Okay! Then all ten of us will form a pact till the end!”

“Can’t we bring more people into our side?” Jinwoon wonders, “I don’t like the fact that I am fighting against some other worlds’ protectors and killing them just to survive.”

Jongkook nods, “Let’s do that. If we can bring more people into our side, it’s better.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The scene shifts into a dark room, where a man is seen sitting on a single couch, looking at the fight unfold in front of him.

A man enters the room, walking toward him and bowing at him, “Sir, your package has arrived.”

“Good. Bring it in here.”

“Where should I put it?”

“Just right beside me.”

The man walks out of the room, only to return back, carrying a huge box and puts it beside him, he then bows at him before walking out of there.

The man on the seat turns toward the box, laughing out loud as he takes a look at the box, “It is finally here… Now I don’t have to wait anymore.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The fight is now in the second block and the heroes are already bored.

Seungyeon feels stuffed inside there as she walks out of the place.

Looking around, she takes out a phone and swipes on it, turning it on, “Should I try and call them? They would have been worried by now.”

“Wah, look at what I found!”

She turns toward the voice, looking at Jugun Nicole walking toward her happily. She quickly prepares herself in a stance.

Nicole pouts, walking toward her, “Don’t tell me you are going to kill me now, wouldn’t you?”

“I won’t do that.”

“Why not? My existence has nothing to do with your marine friend. I am just her from a displaced future. And I am your enemy nonetheless.”

She reaches her, hovering around her and grabs her shoulders from behind, “Maybe I should give you an incentive to attack me?”

“Nicole!”

She turns around, looking at Yoojin standing at her spot, with a girl wearing blue clothing and another man with a mask of a doctor.

She pouts at him, “Why did you have to interfere my fun time?”

“We have no time for that. Our fight is coming up next!”

“Mou, what a party popper!” she walks away from there as the group leave the place.

“It seems even the enemy has made a pact among each other.”

Jiyeon appears from behind, walking toward her side.

“I don’t want to be a nosy person, but I do think that those people are still human. If not they are not going to befriend with each other no matter what.”

She turns toward her, “What about that friend of yours? Is she also your enemies?”

“She is the destroyer of the world; a criminal if you might ask. And she is no human.”

“You two seem close.”

“She’s just … an old acquaintance…”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jongsuk is seen walking around the corridor, looking at how big the stadium is. He is amazed on how big this place really is.

But then he stopped, looking at a crowd of people as some of them are brought in by stretchers.

It brings so many questions in his head. One of them being that he wonders why they even bothered to have all fighters in full health if they just ended up getting killed in the fight.

He feels that there is more than just fighting.

These people who make the game, why are they even making this in the first place? For what reason they had gone to such extent?

He keeps on walking and walking, till he reaches a door, seeing people in suit carrying boxes from a violet portal.

He quickly hides somewhere nearby, “What are they doing? What is that thing?”

They sure look suspicious.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Zero walks around the stadium, looking at the building as he keeps on circling till he bumps into someone, “Hey, watch where you are going!”

But then the man just walks away, revealing himself to be Kyu.

Zero just smiles, looking at him as he walks away from there.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The scene shifts into the two anchors as Doan speaks up, “Finally, after a long and grueling battle, we’ve come to the last block! Filled with participants with the most damage counts, they will have to let their bodies get damaged again just to survive!”

Eisen responds, “Life is indeed a .”

“Once again, we will tell you what you need to know about this fight! All the remaining 30 participants will be pitted against each other in a field somewhere around this planet. You are allowed to kill any of your enemies and we only allowed for ten people remain in the field to call off the match. There’s a secret in the field which will help you in the third event, and by finding that, you will be given an immunity to escape from the fight. Points will be given in different aspects, one is which you are given based on the number of small matches you got yourself into and the win you got, so be active!”

“Now, let the match begin!”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinwoon found himself inside a dark cave, looking around till he spots a small light.

He runs toward the light, seeing an exit out of the cave.

As he steps into the light, he sees flames coming out of the land, with hills all over the place.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Doan’s voice is heard, “Ah, they are in the Flame Territory!”

“Flame Territory?”

“It is the hottest area on this planet. This place is known for not having any good place for people to stay in due to having so many volcano eruptions.”

“What if there’s a volcano eruption during the fight?”

“Just think of it as an obstacle.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Somewhere on the territory, a huge wall of flame appears suddenly as a woman is seen shouting out loud, “THIS… THIS IS MY TIME TO SHINE!”

Suzy arrives into the scene, looking at her, “What is with her?”

She sees the girl, pointing her sword toward her, “Kneel before the princess of Japanese Empire, Ham Eunjung and I will give you a silent death!”

Fireballs are then shot toward her as she quickly summons her claws, defending herself against the attack.

Bathing in flame, she quickly slashes the flame away, running toward the princess, shooting her down with her small gun.

But then a man appears out of nowhere, deflecting the shot and throws a large wave toward her, pushing Suzy far from them.

He turns toward the princess, “Eunjung, control yourself! We are no here just to wreck havoc! We’re here with purposes!”

“I can’t help it, General! This place is giving me so much power!”

“Truly a spawn of fire, you are…”

Suzy stands up with a bit of shake in the process, as she sees the man, “You are… Darkness General Crash…”

“Glad to see you recognizing me. What should we do, little girl? Shall we dance?”

He then throws more waves toward her, but a huge metallic shield appears before her, shielding her against the wave.

Suzy looks up, looking at her savior, “Thank you for saving me.”

But the figure in silver ignores her, looking at the two enemies, “Identification: Unknown, possibly enemy. Princess-Captain Ham Eunjung of Japanese Empire. Action: Extermination.”

He then charges forward, as Suzy follows him, “Wait!”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jongkook is running around a hill, searching for at least someone.

But then he stops, as a huge pillar of earth appears out of the ground and toward the sky, falling somewhere else.

“How the hell did he do that!? Nobody seen that one coming!”

He turns around, seeing three people looking at him as one of them is kneeling, putting his palms on the ground.

“I guess he is a worthy enemy to fight!”

“Charge!”

The three charge forward toward him, but then Taecyeon arrives, bashing them with his shield.

Looking at the fallen enemy, he smirks, “Fighting three against one? Isn’t that’s a bit unfair?”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lee Joon just lies on top of a pillar, looking at the battles with his sniper scope on his rifle, “Man, so many battles…”

He then moves around, seeing Jinwoon and Jongsuk engaging in a fight against so many people, “Now that’s what I call a battle royale.”

He just sits there, as he mutters, “This is getting boring. Maybe I should help them out.”

Jongsuk and Jinwoon are still fighting against them all.

Jinwoon smashes his guitar around, hitting them all on their face, “Man, where did they even come from?”

Jongsuk just been silenced, kicking some as he throws one man onto the ground, hitting a woman in the process.

One man with a machete is about hit his head, but got shot in the head, falling onto the ground.

Smoke appears out of Joon’s rifle as he pulls the trigger once more.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Doan and Eisen cheers, looking at the clip of the man getting shot at the head, “HEADSHOT!”

Eisen continues, “Ladies and gentlemen, that is our first kill of this match! Truly magnificent!”

“And thus, Bridge-BLCK’s Zico is now dead!”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Somewhere else, all four girls; Jiyeon, Hyosung, Seungyeon and Hyoyoung is in a match with monsters and people.

Seungyeon whines, “Why did I have ended up fighting so many enemies?”

“It’s weird,” Hyosung mutters.

Shooting one man, Hyoyoung turns toward her, “What is it?”

“I feels like we are the only participants that are attacked in large group.”

Jiyeon slashes a minotaur, “You mean… we are being targeted?”

“Looks like it…”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Somewhere above the sky, a man is sitting on an airship, meditating.

Kyu then appears in front of him, muttering, “So, you are the one controlling them all?”

“What if I am?”

“Then you are dead to me.”

CHAK!

Kyu disappears, with the man’s head is decapitated.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Doan and Eisen scream in terror.

Eisen mutters, “I have never seen such gruesome death in my entire life!”

“Me too! So far nobody in the participant ever thinking of separating head off the body just like that.”

“Well, it seems Bridge-NEX’s One is now dead!”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The fights go on and on, but then one by one fall onto the ground, either dead or faint.

Kyu appears nearby Suzy and the android and disappears, letting the two fall onto the ground.

He then arrives near Jongsuk and Jinwoon and disappears again, leaving the two on the ground.

Joon is seen lying on the pillar, with his rifle falling on the ground.

Somewhere else, Jongkook, Taecyeon and the three are also downed.

Even the girls as well.

Seungyeon and Jiyeon still have their eyes opened, looking toward their front.

Kyu appears in front of them as he mutters, “Little sisters, please just go to sleep.”

And the two faint.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“It is done! The winner of the eighth block is X Kyu from Bridge NEX!”

Eisen nods, “He single-handedly defeated the rest of the participants, either killing them or knocking them all out! Truly a dangerous foe to be messed with!”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Zero is seen sitting on top of the stadium, looking at the big screen, “Guess the work starts now.”

Xxxxxxxxxxx

The man on the chair laughs, “Finally, the time is come! We shall starts the plan as soon as the third event starts!”

“Yes, sir.”

Finish second event. Next shall be the third event, before we hit the last stage and finish it altogether!

Next: Third event, adventure! All of them are split into groups, venturing from the stadium to a coliseum on the other side of the planet. The real plot starts to kick in!