An Awkward Day

Changing into Love

Jonghyun POV

I sat on my bed facing my wife since our bed is side to side. She said just now she has something to discuss with me. Geez, this woman. My tender didn't finish yet, so I hope that this discussion will be short.

"Tell me, what is it until it concerned you?" I started first. 

"Hmm, I want to ask how we are going to show up ourselves to mom later?" she asked using a very low tone. It's better to have this kind of Ana. Flawless type.

"I don't get that as a problem." I scratched my eyebrow. Yes, what's wrong with that?

"I mean, my head is bandaged and yours is plastered. Are we going to bow in front of her with this kind of head?" Ana point her head with her finger. 

"About that...." I think for a while. I don't think so both of us are going to wear the bandage until the end of the week because my head are going to be uncovered tomorrow. 

"I think the doctor won't let you wear the bandage until a week long. Maybe take two days long. If you are still bandaged, then we need to buy something to cover that. So, don't worry, okay? Everything under control." I gave guarantee to Ana, even myself nervous to death. I mean, yeah, I never disobeyed mother, so it hard for me to disobeyed her once. I'm feeling guilty.

"First problem, solved. Next problem, until when we are going to live here? I think both od us can discharge already." Ana voice out. Wait, what did she said just now?

"Are you insane? You've got accident yesterday and today you want to discharge already? Are you even Wonderwoman or something?" 

"Yes. I don't want to live here anymore. I would like to......" before Ana finished her words I said "Wait for a minute. If you are going to your friend's place then don't ask me to send you there since I'm not capable to drive on highway. Plus, if you take taxi, I'm afraid that you are going to have another accident which is going to need me as your guardian and you are going bandaged for second time. I don't want anything happen to you since you're my responsibility. And also, I don't want to be in trouble anymore. I'm !" 

Ana said nothing, she really quiet; thinking perhaps. "Then, where we are going to stay then?"

"What about motel nearby? Since I can't drive for a long distance and I don't have much money to pay our bills, then what if stay in motel? The rent would be low. 

"What about motel nearby? Since I can't drive for a long distance and I don't have much money to pay our bills, then what if stay in motel? The rent would be low. So, what do you think?” I asked for her opinion. Maybe she has brilliant idea.

Author POV

“Are we going to stay together in a room?”  asked Ana for confirmation.

“For sure, I can sleep on the floor if you want. Or beside you if you want me to.” Said Jonghyun with his teasing voice. Hearing the sentence that came out from Jonghyun mouth make Ana glance him with a murder looking. It’s not funny in her ear.

“Then you’re digging your grave then.” Said Ana seriously.“Hey, have a chill. I’m just joking,  I won’t sleep with you okay.” Jonghyun chuckled. He don’t think so that Ana would be this serious when it comes to being close with man.

“But still we’re not sleeping together right? I mean in a room?” Ana asked for the second time. For God’s sake, Ana really hopes that Jonghyun will say he’ll rent two rooms.

“I’ve told you I’ve got no money right? I’ve already gave my salary to mom. Also, finished for this wedding.” Said Jonghyun. He back to his first posture; sit and typing. He wishes he could really finish the tender between his company and the other company. As director, he need to finish the tender by himself since their president company only trust him.

“Really?!  How can you make sure nothing would happen?” Ana exclamied with high pitch tone.

Jonghyun sighed. Even he’s a man, he still sane when it come about . He not even ready yet to do anything like that. “Look, for God’s sake, I would think 100 times to do anything with you.  Firstly, I might get a free kick from you. Secondly, I’m not ready yet, okay? Thirdly, I have many other things to think rather than you. Therefore, don’t worry, I won’t do anything towards you….”

Ana exhaled relief. “But….” Jonghyun about to say something. “Even if I did something to you, it’s fine because I’m your husband and you’re officially mine, right?”

“Shut up you!” Ana threw her pillow straight to Jonghyun’s face. The male just laughing. He throw the pillow to the owner back.  Actually he’s joking when he said that he had no money. It just because he want to see what will Ana react to his teasing. To be honest, his mother used all her money for their wedding and in addition his just got his payment yesterday.

~

‘Damn you, Jonghyun! You said we won’t sleep together but you don’t even have money to rent a room.’ Said Ana in silent. She could see Jonghyun still talking to the receptionist. Ana glance at her phone. The black screen light up when she pressed the home button. New message.

She unlocked her phone and open up the message. 

When are you going home? Are you okay? Jonghyun said you're not feeling well. Do you want me to look after you?

Then she fiercely stares Jonghyun who sometimes smiling sheepishly with the receptionist as he don't care what would happen. She kept staring at him though his walking towards her after get the keys for their room. Jonghyun gestured his head asking why 0nce he realised a pair of eyes watching his moves but Ana remain silent. They walk to their room also with silent.

Ana POV

I remain silent. I actually want to throw a fit but Jonghyun wants to sleep badly and my body sticky like damn. So, I'm taking shower first then I am able to do things after that. 

I take my towel, my pijama and showering kit to the bathroom. I push the door but it's stuck. I push it harder with my shoulder but the door won't bulge. I look at Jonghyun to ask for help but he fall asleep already with his back facing me. Huh, the next time I'm going for holiday, motel will not be on my list. I fold my sleeves and take a deep breathe, then with full effort I knocked myself to the door....

"Auuuuuuch!!" I yellled loud as I'm stumbled on the floor. My head hurts a little but I'm fine. Thank goodness the bathroom is not bad for my taste. After I close the door, I wear a shower cap then I clean my body under the hot water against my skin. God, it's been a while since I bath like this. The scent of silky cucumber ease my mind as I scrub my body. 

When I'm done, I wrap my body with the towel and stand in front of the sink. I put on the toothpaste on my brush however the water don't come out when I want fill my cup with water. I knock the faucet like the water will splash over but it won't. Then, my sight has cabinet under the sink. It might be something wrong down there. 

As I open the door....

There's 3 black rats and cockroaches wander around the bathroom. "OMMAAAAAA!!!" I run to the door but it stuck. 

Jonghyun, he's there. I knock the door as hard as I can. "Jonghyun-shhi! Jonghyun-shhi! Help me!" I shouted as the rats are coming closer. I can't help but my head dizzy very much.

"Yah!! Jonghyun-shhi!! Where are you!!!" My scream screech the air. Please tell me you are not sleep dozer.

"AAHHHHH!!" I closed my eyes when there is something walking on my feet. I stump my feet hard and I can't help but cry. Crying not because of I'm afraid but it remind me of him. Soft, small touches on my feet. I hate it.

"What the hell!!" Someone opened the door and I run towards the voice. I cried as I still feel something walking on my feet. This warmth resembles dad but the scent is different.

"Yah, your head.... bleeding." He said. He looks shocked to see I'm crying, I bet but I don't care. I walk to my phone and look at it. He's right. It bleeding. 

Jonghyun POV

What the hell she's doing in there? She has a shower or war? Her head is bleeding and she's crying a lot. And I'm startled to have her hugging me and crying with her reddish milky white face. I thought I heard her shouting in my dream but she's really scream for help. 

"Can you turn over? I want to put on my pijama." She said without looking at me yet her back facing me. 

"Oh? O-ok." I look back. To be truth I'm not sleepy but I'm tired. I can't sleep but I need to lay down.

About 5 minutes long, Ana don't say a word. "Hey, are you done?" I asked. No answer and any sound. I decided to look back and I see Ana is sitting on the couch, applying the medicine on her bruised forehead while holding her phone as camera I bet. She groaned when she misplaced the medecine. I go get her.

"Let me help you." I take the empty sit beside her but she distanced herself from me. "I'm good." Oh, I almost forget that she hates me. She put down her phone and apply the iodin on the cotton ball and again she put the soaked cotton ball on her head.

"Just... let me help you." I stole the thong in her hand when she groaned for the second time. She faced me but her eyes looked away. Softly I clean the blood near her injury. Geez, this woman so weird yet fragile.

Author POV 

Silently the husband treats his wife. They remain quiet until Jonghyun finished dressing Ana's head. 

"I will sleep on the bed." Ana said in sudden. Jonghyun just nodded his head. "Then I'll be here." 

Ana walk to the bed. She hits the pillow and the mattress first before she lay down her body on them. Jonghyun takes his jacket to cover his body from the coldness and the mosquitos. Though they not sharing palce to sleep, they still can't sleep for no reason. Maybe it's weird to have a stranger sleeping in room with you as they used to sleep alone. 

 

 

.