Second Wheel

Wheelchair

 

-:-

 

Pushed the wheel handle forward while Kyungsoo’s eyes searching for the certain name that was engraved on gravestone. He looked to the right and to the left, still couldn’t find that name. Frustrated, he stopped his track, trying to remember the path to the certain someone’s grave that he got the information from that person’s close friend.

As if he remembered the exact path in his mind, Kyungsoo turned around, started pushing the handle. The wheel rolled down the path he trusted to be the right path. He turned to the right, there it was. Not so far from his position, approximately two or three graves ahead.

Finally, Kyungsoo’s wheel stopped in front of the grave with white gravestone. That name, was engraved beautifully on it. There was also a frame of the deceased picture that smiled brightly.

He stretched out his left hand, the name that was engraved on the gravestone. Then his hand moved toward the frame. Caressed it on the cheek as if he did it on the deceased cheek. The memories of the deceased flooding his mind, one by one took turn to invade his mind. Small smile would tug on his lips if the happy memories appeared. A frown would be seen if the sad or bad memories appeared.

He held back his hand, putted it on his lap. The silence engulfed that place as he just watched the grave.

“I’m sorry” the first word he said after quieted a few minutes. “I’m.. so sorry” he said again with a stuttered voice as he felt the lump in his throat.

“If not because that girl, I’m already joined you there” he said with a low voice. There was regret, disappointment, and anger in his eyes. “If she let me there, I’m already can see you” this time with a heavy and hoarse voice.

“I’m sorry, I’m… so …. So sorry, Salmi-yah.” Without warning the tears that threatened to fall in the beginning, running down his cheek uncontrollably. 

“Salmi-yah, I’m …really….. sorry.” Every word escaped from his mouth with shaky tone.

His hand clutched his chest. His heart clenched with unbearable pain. The pain that overtook him, causing no more words left his mouth, only a sob could be heard. Miserable sob and tears that flowed endlessly.

 

One by one stepping the stairs, Himnae made her way to her home. A small home at the rooftop of the landlady’s house. A home that was enough for her. Home that sheltered her from the hot day and cold night for the past six years. Despite the small block home it was, she was grateful to the owner who kindly let her stayed there with a price lower than the standard the owner usually set.

With only five steps from the stair she stood in front of her home’s door. She reached her hand to the doorknob, opening the door slowly.

Her lips form a small smile as she saw the figure that stood in front of the small kitchen counter. Slicing, dicing, and cutting the ingredients for him to cook.

Himnae closed the door behind her carefully as tried to avoid any thud sound, tiptoed she quietly approached the man. She raised her hand up, and smashed it to the man’s shoulders quite hard making a gasp escaped from his lips. He placed his hand over his startled chest, feeling the fast beat rhythm.

“Ouh, you scare me!” A shaky tone could be heard by his voice that formed the words.

“Sorr..ry” She said with sheepishly smile that form on her lips. “What are you cooking, Oppa?” she asked to avoid the nagging from the man. He just shook his head at her act. A small smile crept on his lips before he answered her.

“Just wait there” he pointed the place with a table set in front of her small bed with his pouty lips. Himnae chuckled at his way to make her not to disturb him. With a light pushed on her shoulders, she walked away from him.

She slumped down her in front the table. Waiting patiently for the food to be cook.

“So how was the interview?” The man asked as she approached her with the food he just made. Himnae’s eyes light up from the sight of the food. The food looked so good.

She inhaled the smell of the spicy tofu soup that placed on the table before answering his question. “Not going well”.

“It’s okay, there is still other chance” He assured her while ruffling her hair that a bit messy.

“Mmm, Fighting” she beamed while stuffing with spoonful food “Delicious” she added after gulfed down the soup.

A chuckled left his lips as he sat down beside her and reached for the bowl pouring the soup in it. And started to stuff his growling stomach.

“Oppa, how is your job?” she lift her head up looking at him waiting for his answer.

“Just as usual” he said plainly still chewing his food.

“You must be tired” she sighed “No need to come here every day, Oppa, you need to rest” once again she lift her head up and averted her gaze at him. The later looked up and saw her eyes that filled with worries. A soft smile spread on his face, feeling touch.

“It’s okay, really. I’m happy to be able come here every day” he reassured her.

“Thanks, Luhan Oppa!” She said with the most beautiful smile as gratitude for him. And received a soft ‘You’re welcome’ as he ruffled her hair with affection.  

 

-:-

 


 

It's been a while since i last update...

busy with job hunting,,,

hyuuuu...

 

enjoy reading^^