First Wheel

Wheelchair

 

-:-

 

Himnae let out a deep sigh as she exited of the huge building. No, that wasn’t a desperate sigh though she failed in interview. Has been rejected for tenth times so far and she still stood on her feet, proved enough that she wasn’t a person who gave up easily. Those sigh just a way to let go her disappointment at the moment.

After that deep sigh, she flexed out her arms. Inhaled the Summer breeze till a smile graced on her lips. She muttered ‘himnae (cheer up)’ while lifted her hand that form a fist up.

She looked up at the bright blue sky, putted her left hand on her forehead as the sun rays blinded her view. She pulled down her hand and averted her eyes from the sky. Turned her heels away from that building.

Walking on the sidewalk. Passing some shops. Coffee shop, bread shop that spread a good smell making her stomached growled. Clothes, bag, and shoes shop that could catch her attention, could awaken her desire to have it.

But, she couldn’t do it. For now. Now she has not enough money for that.  

Himnae averted her gaze away from the shop as she managed to refrain the urge inside of her. Continued her step toward the crosswalk.  

Himnae stood in front of the crossroad waited for the light for walking turned to green. Her eyes looked at the light and the front back and forth. After one minute the light finally turned to green. She walked forward along with two others, one teenager girl and one a 40 years old man. On the other side there was one person who crossed the road. He didn’t walk on his feet, but with a wheelchair.

She glanced at that boy in a few seconds as they passed each other.

Her gaze fell upon the light which turned to yellow as she neared the end of the crosswalk. Her feet froze on the spot as her mind remembered the boy with wheelchair. Immediately she turned around. Her eyes widened. That boy was still too far from the end of the other side.

Unconsciously she ran toward him with all her might ignoring the pain on her leg caused by the height and the flimsiness of the heels.

As she reached the boy she pushed his wheelchair toward the end of the crosswalk. Fortunately they arrived just in time the light turned to red.

“What a relief” she mumbled as she sat on road of sidewalk. Sweat ran down her temple, a heavy breath escaped from her nose and mouth. She wiped her sweat with the back of her right hand. Just liked her, the others who saw that incident heave a relieve sigh.

She turned her eyes to that boy who looked back at her. Her lips twitched into a small smile. However that boy didn’t. His face expressionless, but she could see no relief there.

A frown crossed over her face. Was he not relieved that he spare from death? Did he do it on purpose? But why? No that not possible, right?, she sank in her thought. She shook her head roughly to push that thought. As her eyes backed to focus on that boy again, the boy already turned his wheel away from her, ready to leave.

Before she was able to ask how he was, his wheel already moved forward. Leaving her speechless.

“What a weird boy” she muttered.

She stood up from the road. Dusted the dirt off of her black knee long skirt, fixed her blazer, and placed her bag on her shoulder. She looked at the way where the boy crossed by before she turned her heels.

She ran toward the bus stop as she saw the bus already at there. Stepped on the door of the bus just in time before the door closed. She sat on the seat that was empty.

She averted her gaze to the window. Rested her right cheek on the back of her palm with her elbow placed on the edge of the window. Her eyes seemed empty, looking at nothing. Her mind wandered back to the wheelchair boy. The expressionless face of that boy crossed in front of her inner eyes over and over.

Just what happened with that boy?

Her phone ringtone pulled her out of her thought. She took her phone out of her bag. Smiling at the id of the caller before punched the green button.

“Yeah, Oppa!”  She was silent for a second before said, “Ummh, I’m on the way back”

 

-:-

 


 

yay, first chapter out..

After more than two weeks no updating.

 

enjoy reading everyone^^