Chapter 2: The Aftermath

You're Not My Type

 

Dara walked into the apartment. She looked over at the couch and received the shock of her life when she was Minji, Bom, and Chaerin staring at her. Dara glanced at the clock. It was past three in the morning!
 
"Were you waiting for me?" Dara asked quietly.
 
Minji nodded. "Unni..." She couldn't bring herself to ask, so she elbowed Bom.
 
Bom stood up and walked over to where Dara was standing. "Dara-yah..." she began, "Are you okay? What happened? Tell us. We're here for you." Minji and Chaerin got up and walked over to where their unnis were standing. "Just tell us, okay?"
 
Dara looked at the floor and tears started falling from her face. "I...  I asked him… I asked him if they kissed, and all he could say was, 'You know that it's you I love'," Dara scoffed mockingly. She looked at Bom. "I just felt so sick when he told me that. How many times have I been fooled by that exact sentence?" Dara's body started shaking. "I'm such an idiot."
 
Minji and Chaerin helped Dara walk over to the couch to sit down. "Unni..." Chaerin said softly. She was crying, too. Her heart hurt so much to see Dara like this. Chaerin turned to look at Bom and Minji and could see that they were also crying. Dara was the most loyal friend any of them have ever had. She was always working hard to make the people around her happy, and the three of them knew that Dara didn't deserve to be treated so badly by someone she loved.
 
"I broke up with him," Dara said quietly. The room went quiet. Bom, Minji, and Chaerin were too shocked to cry anymore. "I can't do it anymore. I've been waiting for years for him to change his ways. I've always been patiently waiting for him, always forgiving him every other time he's lied to me or... you know, gotten involved with another girl. I always thought that even if he did those things, it didn't matter because I was the one he loved the most."
 
"Unni, Jiyong-oppa does love you the most," Minji said sadly.
 
"Mingkki-yah... Even if that's true, that's not how any person should treat the person they're supposed to treasure and love the most," Bom said, grabbing their maknae into a tight hug.
 
"Unni, we're always here for you," Chaerin said firmly. "If you want us to punch Jiyong-oppa in the face, we will." Chaerin stole a glance at Bom. "Or Bom-unni will."
 
Dara cracked a smile and laughed a little. "No, it's okay. You guys don't have to do anything. The end of my relationship with him," she couldn't bring herself to say his name, "doesn't mean you have to be mean to him or ignore him. Just treat him like you always have. I think he would be really sad if his dongsaengs started to ignore him."
 
"I really want to punch that idiot in the face, though," Bom grunted. "Or dump water on his head."
 
Minji, Chaerin, and Dara started laughing and wiping away their tears. "Unni!!" Minji exclaimed.
 
"He always looks like a wet puppy when his hair isn't dry..." Dara said with a faraway look in her eyes, remembering something that happened in the past.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Dara sat on Jiyong's bed wearing one of the plaid shirts he wore earlier that day. She brought her arm up to her nose, breathed in his scent, and smiled. They just celebrated their three-year anniversary having dinner at his apartment and watching movies. Dara looked at the clock and saw that it was just before midnight. Jiyong was taking so long in the shower! She got up and walked over to the bathroom to see him standing at the sink with a towel wrapped around his waist, his hair still wet from a shower.
 
Dara walked up to him and hugged him from the side. She leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Happy anniversary, jagiya."
 
Jiyong smiled down at Dara. "Thank you, baby," he grinned and swiftly kissed her lips. "Hey look." He nudged her to look at the bathroom mirror.
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Aren't we the best looking couple ever?" Jiyong said cheekily.
 
Dara laughed. "Is it because it's you in this relationship? You think that highly of your face, Kwon Jiyong-sshi?" She poked him in the side playfully.
 
"Yah! That tickles!" Jiyong smiled at her. "It's the other way around. You're the most beautiful girl in the world, baby. And you're mine."
 
Dara blushed. "I love you, jagiya."
 
"I love you more, baby."
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
"Dara!" Bom shook Dara's shoulders a little, snapping her out of her reverie.
 
"Huh?" Dara was confused a little. When did she start crying again?
 
"Unni, you scared us!" Minji exclaimed. "You suddenly went all silent and started crying…"
 
"I'm sorry, Mingkki! I was just—"
 
"Remembering something?" Chaerin asked sadly.
 
"Yeah. It's just going to take some time, but it'll be fine." Dara ruffled Chaerin's hair a little. "As long as I have you guys, I can get through anything."
 
Bom smiled. "We know."
 
"Yah!" Dara giggled a little and sighed. "I'm really lucky to have friends like you, though." She stood up and stretched. "I'm going to bed now. I'm tired."
 
"Unni, are you sure you're okay?" Minji asked. She was very worried about her unni's fragile state.
 
"I'll definitely tell you guys if I need to talk. I'll be leaning on you all for a while," Dara replied with a small smile. "Tomorrow, I'm going to visit Doongie at the MBLAQ dorm."
 
"Okay... I guess we'll be going now, then." Minji and Bom got up to leave.
 
"WAIT!" Dara exclaimed. She ran over to Minji and Bom. "Chaerin-ah, get your over here!" Chaerin walked up to them with a confused look on her face. Suddenly, Dara shouted, "GROUP HUG!" They all hugged each other tightly, laughing. After a while, they let go. "Thank you, guys. I really needed that."
 
"Anytime, Dara-yah," Bom said, petting Dara's head. "Get some rest!"
 
Dara nodded. "Arasso!" She walked into her room and closed the door.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
A/N: Next up! Dara visits MBLAQ's dorm and has an unexpected encounter.
 
@WalkOutQueen: This won't be a Daragon story (I'm so sorry!! ;__;), but there'll be a lot of Daragon moments in the form of several sweet flashbacks. :)
 
There will be a mention of several pairings: Bom/TOP, Se7en/Byul, Thunder/CL... I'll add more people to the tags as my story goes along! Huge thanks to everyone who read my story and liked/subscribed to it! ^_^