Chapter 1: The End of an Affair

You're Not My Type

 

"Mianhae."

Tears started pooling in her eyes. "I know you're sorry. But I hate this!" Dara rubbed her face angrily. "How many more times is this going to happen? Jiyong-ah, these rumors don't just appear out of nowhere."
 
Jiyong looked down, unable to hold his gaze. "I don't know how anyone found out about those pictures."
 
"It's not about the pictures getting out. It's about the fact that you two were in a position for those pictures to be taken in the first place."
 
"I told you that we're just friends!"
 
"Then why does this keep coming up? You've taken pictures with Yulia-sshi before and no one's said that you two were dating. But the moment anyone sees a picture of you and Kiko-sshi, dating rumors explode!" She looked him dead in the eye. "Don't lie to me."
 
"I—" Jiyong faltered. He looked away.
 
Minutes ticked by. Jiyong was staring out the window of Dara's Range Rover looking at the Han River and the streetlights. Dara called him to "talk" an hour ago and he met her at their usual spot next to the river where no one could see them. He was dreading this conversation the moment he caught wind of yet another Kiko/G-Dragon dating rumor. And it looked like he wouldn't be able to talk his way out of this one.
 
After a while, Dara glanced over at him. "Jagiya… Did you… do anything you shouldn't have?" she asked quietly. Her heart was racing.
 
Jiyong sighed. "You know that it's you I love, Dara. It's always been you." He looked at her and held her right hand. It was so soft and gentle. He reveled for a split second how her hand had always fit so perfectly into his.
 
"You didn't answer my question." Jiyong looked away again. "Did you kiss her?"
 
Jiyong whipped his head. "What!? Who told you that?"
 
Dara pulled her hand away and sighed. "It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter anymore. I already know what happened in Japan while you guys were on tour. I just wanted to know if you would tell me the truth or lie… again." Her face remained expressionless. "I'm tired of this already."
 
Jiyong was shocked. Dara had never, ever said those words to him before. "W-what?" It almost sounded like—
 
"I'm ending this relationship. It's been years, Ji. And you haven't changed." Dara glared at him. "How much more are you willing to hurt me? I've forgiven you. I've always forgiven you in the hopes that things would be different. I've always chosen to believe you, but I can't anymore. How many more times are you going to make a fool out of me!?" Tears started welling up in her eyes again. "What did I do that was so terrible to you that you have to hurt me like this so much!? Tell me!" She was crying now.
 
"Dara… I… I never…"
 
"Just go. We're done. I can't do this anymore. I can't even look at you."
 
"Dara…"
 
"GET OUT!" she screamed. "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! GET OUT!" Jiyong was shocked. Dara had never raised her voice at him or anyone else. He got out of the car and closed the door. He watched Dara start the engine and drive off.
 
He wiped the tears from his eyes, his heart full of regret. He really screwed up this time.