Stirring of the Wind

B.A.P Plot Prompts.

It was hard to watch the youngest member cry every day. He hadn’t been expecting to get the call that his mother had passed on, but when he had he had collapsed. They hadn’t been able to console him or even get him to talk to them about things. He had closed himself off and gone through everything alone. He had even gone to the funeral without him.

They let it go on for a month, after all they had watched Yongguk through the same thing during the Power era. They needed to let him grieve and he’d be able to move on. Yongguk still had his days so they knew Junhong would as well, but that would be better than the mess that he was constantly.

“Hey Junhong.” Yongguk sat down next to the youngest, wrapping his arms around the other’s shoulders cautiously. None of them had touched him since the phone call and he wasn’t sure how the teenager would react. “How are you feeling?”

The teenager shrugged. At least it was a reaction, Yongguk figured. Even a shrug was better than being ignored completely so the boy could stare at the urn sitting on the bedside table. Himchan had tried to tell him that there were better places for things like that but had gotten nowhere.

“You know it’s okay to tell us how you’re feeling.” He was regretting his decision to come and try to bring Junhong out of his grief. Himchan was better suited to this. He wasn’t always the smartest person in the world but he was significantly better with emotions than Yongguk could ever hope to be. He was better with words too. Yongguk was bad with words.

The teenager looked up, not quite looking at Yongguk but the elder was sure he was at least in the line of vision. “Sad.”

“Well, I know that…”

“Then why did you ask?”

“Because I was worried about you?”

“Stop.”

Yongguk sighed. “I don’t think that’s possible.” Junhong was the youngest, it was basically in Yongguk’s job description to care about him. Not that he would have stopped if the band disbanded. Junhong had been part of his life for a really long time and he intended to keep him in it. “You can talk about anything you want to talk about.”

“I don’t think it’s right to keep Mom in a jar.” He picked up the urn and pulled it to his chest. “She wouldn’t like being in a jar.” He opened it and looked inside. Yongguk thought it was a bit weird but he knew not to say anything. “She would like to be outside.”

Yongguk nodded, not really sure what the other was talking about. “Do you have any ideas about what you want to do?”

“I want to let her out.” He stood up and tightened his grip on the urn. “I’ll see you later Hyung.”

When he came back to the dorm a few hours later there was no sign of the mess he had been earlier in the day. “Hey guys.” He smiled softly as he pushed himself in between Himchan and Jongup on the couch – ignoring the way the elder of the two whined when their contact was completely severed. “I let Mom out.” He told them resting his head on Himchan’s shoulder. “I went out to the Bugaksan and let her go into the wind. I think she likes that better than the jar.”