Heartfelt Apologies

B.A.P Plot Prompts.

When they had broken up it wasn’t what Himchan had wanted. He had seen them staying together for the rest of their lives, but things weren’t always meant to work out. At least that was what his mother told him when he went to her. She said he needed to move on because it was destiny.

The woman had been blonde. That was all Himchan really remembered about her. She was blonde and she ruined his marriage. That wasn’t really completely accurate though. They hadn’t been married because it wasn’t legal, but they had exchanged rings and vows.

When he came home from work he had found his husband in bed with the blonde woman. He hadn’t waited for an apology; he had just thrown the two of them out. He kept the house, he kept the car, and he ended the relationship. Last he heard his ex and the blonde were living together. He wasn’t keeping track of them though.

They had been apart for six months when his ex showed up at his doorstep. He looked terrible – like he had when they were younger and he had been a drunk. “Hey Chans.” He mumbled, as though he had the right to refer to Himchan affectionately. He was the one who had ruined things, not Himchan. “I ed up.”

“That you did.” He shrugged his shoulders. There was no reason to pretend nothing was wrong. They didn’t really have a reason to be talking either. Himchan wanted his ex to leave so they could go back to pretending their relationship had never happened. “Why are you here? Youngjae came and got all of your things, there’s nothing left.”

“Yes, there is.” He mumbled.

Himchan shrugged his shoulders and moved to close the door. “You need to leave.”

“I’d like to come in.” He pushed the door, trying to keep Himchan from opening it. It wasn’t appropriate in Himchan’s eyes but he didn’t fight it. If the younger male wanted to come over then Himchan could act like an adult. He could pretend that everything was fine. It wasn’t like he could break Himchan’s heart anymore than he already had. “Is the tea still in the jar by the stove?”

He didn’t wait for an answer and instead pushed his way into the house, making his way for the kitchen. By the time Himchan had made it to the room he had already started a pot of tea and was humming to himself as though he belonged in the house. Once he was done he handed over a cup to Himchan and sat across from him, smiling a bit. “Thank you for letting me come in, Himchan.”

The elder of the two shrugged his shoulders. “I didn’t let you in, you pushed your way in.”

“I came to apologise.” He put the mug down on the table and looked at his ex. “I really, really messed up. I didn’t love her, I love you. I shouldn’t have slept with her and I should have tried to get you back.”

“This isn’t something you can fix Daehyun.”

The younger of the two moved across the table to sit next to his ex. “That doesn’t mean I can’t try.”