Friend again

Rewind the Time

Nam soon finally stirs from his sleep when the clock hit 10 in the morning. He mumbled incoherently, complaining why he was feeling strangely cold. Heung soo, who was playing games with his phone, got up from the floor and goes next the sleepyhead. “Nice sleep?” the older asked casually, as if it was the most normal thing to ask, for someone who had broken into other’s house.

Nam soon got startled by the not so foreign voice, making him opened his eyes abruptly, only to stare at his grinning friend. “You again?!” Nam soon said flatly, as his fingers go through his messy hair. For some reason, he doesn’t find it weird to see Heung soo beside him, soon after he woke up. But his little mind still curious how he could end up being next to him or at least inside his house.

“Are you expecting someone else?” Heung soo teased, unknowingly he had make the younger remembered an unpleasant memory from the previous day.

Nam soon tried to avoid Heung soo’s gaze as he pushed the older to the other side, creating a space between them. He then kicked away the blanket over his body, before he got up. Soon as he stands up, he could feel his world spinning. Lucky for him, Heung soo was fast enough to reach him out and helps him to stay balanced on the ground. “Did I drink again?” Nam soon groaned, as a terrible headache started to kicks in. He could feel his ears ringing in uncomfortable way.

“I don’t think so” Heung soo replied as he motioned Nam soon to sit down on the bed. “I can’t smell alcohol from you yesterday” he said, proving that Nam soon was sober, at least from the moment he found him till now. 

Nam soon squinted his eyes hard, as to recall back the incident which had caused him the pain. He doesn’t remember much though, except the fight he had with Jin hyuk at the restaurant. He feels sick at the recollection, as he unintentionally brought his finger to his lips, brushing it slightly. If he was feeling anxious about Jin hyuk before, it wasn’t the same case now. All that Nam soon could feel about that bastard is hatred.

Heung soo eyed the brunette quietly, observing his facial expression changes from annoyed; because of the chill and maybe because of his interruption, to shocked; though Heung soo couldn’t figure out why, and the latest one, anger. Heung soo couldn’t help but to wonder if Nam soon had remembered the things happened between them last night and had detests him for his unethical act. Heung soo suddenly feel so small beside the younger.

Still feeling mad, Nam soon leaves the bed and walked outside without saying any word to Heung soo. He was planning to refresh himself before he get back to Heung soo and settle the thing between them.

Heung soo P.O.V

I watched him leaving the room silently. He must be heading to bathroom, with a towel hanging over his shoulder.

Sighing, I collapsed on the bed. I spread my hand over the messy bed, as I stare hard into the ceiling. ‘What could he be thinking about?’ I closed my eyes and breathe in deeply. ‘Was it the kisses?’ I opened my eyes abruptly, as a flash of memory when our lips pressed together played in my mind. ‘the tears?’ I guessed again. The aching feeling in my heart knocks in again, as I remembered his honest words. I feel bad for the pain I’d caused him, yet I was glad, that he told me his deepest thought about our past incident. I’m sure he had say it out of conscious, coz I’m sure he wouldn’t breathes a word by his own. ‘Or was it something else..?’ I throw empty punches to the air. ‘Just what the hell happened before I found him?!’ I thought miserably. I had spontaneously grabbed a pillow and throw it forward, without even looking or bother where could it landed to.  

An intact sound echoed in the room had me alarmed. I lift my body slightly, only to see Nam soon, standing half not far from the door, his body is still wet from the shower he took and a familiar pillow I had thrown lay on the floor by his feet. I braced myself to look up and find his face. Annoyed with a little squint of anger; crap! Wong target!

I forced out a grin, as I saw Nam soon clench his fist and bend over to pick up the pillow. The water droplet run down his muscle and chest had me gulped in not so innocent way. I try to push away the dirty images from last night. Now isn’t the appropriate time to think anything rated.

“M-mi…” my apologised was muffled by the flying pillow, which successfully landed on my face, together with a loud yell from Nam soon, “Damn you saekki!!”

The pillow falls to my lap, second later. “Mianhe” I said, as I go next to time. But I only got a glare in return and a not so polite kick which force me out of the room, before the door slammed shut behind me. 

“Bad luck in the morning…” I scratch my head. “Great Park Heung soo!” I mocked myself, as I walked to the empty living room.

(end of pov)

Nam soon joined Heung soo at the living room not long after that, completely dressed. He was wearing a worn out jean; yet it still wrapped his skinny legs perfectly and a simple black V-shaped shirt.

“Why the hell you didn’t wake me up? It’s a ing Wednesday if you had forgotten” Nam soon hissed, soon as he seated next to Heung soo. His back pressed against the old painted wall. The colour doesn’t change, even after many years. It was the colour chosen by his late mother; light peach. Though he occasionally thought it was a girly colour, he couldn’t bring himself to buy a new paint and repaint the house. He wanted to keep the little memory in him.

“You were out like a dead” Heung soo answered; half true, half not. He himself had woken up late. When he checked the time, he knows they are going to be tardy, no matter how fast they’re going to rush to school. Moreover, he finds Nam soon’s sleeping face is too adorable, that he wanted to watch it a little longer. A little longer become an hour long. He was panicked at first, but when he heard a soft snore coming from Nam soon, he got relaxed. Thinking Nam soon had a rough day previously, he decided to call it a day-off for both of them.

“Worried about school, President Go?” Heung soo teased. His eyes fixed at the small photo framed hanging on the wall, across him. It was Nam soon’s family photo. The smiling boy, sitting comfortably on his mother’s lap looks so cute in the picture. He glanced at the guy beside him. The same boy in the picture had grown up. He’s still cute though, but he is also pretty now and sinfully y too.

Nam soon scoffed as he elbowed the older. “I still want to graduate, saekki!” he answered lazily. He remembered that Ms Jung always remind him on the importance of attendance. That was the least thing he should care of if he’s planning to graduate. He was told by Mr Kang that he needs a proper cert at least to get a good job with a decent pay, even if he refused to join college after high school.

The answer makes Heung soo died of laughing. He laughed too hard until he had trouble breathing properly. “Seriously Nam soon-ah?” he managed to say in between his laugh.

Nam soon however just let Heung soo enjoy the little entertainment he gave earlier. ‘I was being serious, but this idiot dares to make fun of me!’ Nam soon pouted as he secretly complained in his head.

“May I kiss your pout away?” Heung soo teased again, eyes staring at the pouting lips. He was taking a huge risk by asking that to the younger. But he wanted to see his reaction. He wanted to know if the younger had remembered the kiss they shared last night. If he do remembered, Heung soo wanted to know whether he’s angry or the otherwise.

“Over my dead body” Nam soon goes a little closer to Heung soo and smack the older’s forehead.

“Ouch!” Heung soo rubbed his poor forehead, before he smacked Nam soon’s forehead lightly. He smirked.

“Yah! What’s that for, punk?!” Nam soon asked fiercely.

“Revenge!” Heung soo answered shortly. “Now that we are alone and had nothing to do..why don’t we talk?” Heung soo shifted his body to faced the younger.

Nam soon sighed softly, as he nodded to the older. Heung soo smiled in relief, as he got the positive respond from the brunette. “So, where should we start from?” Heung soo asked in anticipation. He tried not to ask any question, worried if Nam soon feels pressured and refused to say anything all together.

“Is your phone connected to internet?” Nam soon started, and he got a ‘yes’ from the other. “Good..I need to borrow it…” Nam soon reached out his hand, waiting for Heung soo to hand over his phone. Heung soo retrieve his phone from his trouser and placed it on Nam soon’s palm. His face is puzzled as he stares at the younger, who is soon indulged with the phone in his hand.

“Here..” Nam soon returned the phone back. Heung soo stare onto the screen and laughed after he finished reading the explanation on the word ‘privacy’ which Nam soon had searched earlier.

“How in world you managed to get into my house when I’m certain that I didn’t open the door for you?” Nam soon glared at Heung soo, his fingers tapping impatiently on the floor.

“Oh that…” Heung soo scratched his head, while trying to look innocent in front of the younger. “There’s a little story behind it..” Heung soo paused.

“Oh yeah…?” Nam soon said to the older, eyes telling ‘tell-me-now-or-you-will-die’

“Hhmmm…remember when I found you injured on the street..?” Heung soo paused.

Nam soon nodded. He remembers that day well in his head. It was a bitter sweet day for him; he got beaten like a pulp; to the point he’s still embarrassed and angry about it, but in exchange, it mark the new beginning for his relationship with Heungsoo. If not because of that fight, he wouldn’t have sat here with Heung soo now, talking to each other. Though he may not open up to Heung soo completely, due to the old scar, he doesn’t feel suffocated being at the same place with the older, unlike their first encounter after three years.

“You were unconscious by the time we reached your door” Heung soo said, eyes looking into Nam soon’s.”I kicked your door..hhmm…maybe…a little too hard, that your door knob broke” Heung soo scratched his nape. Nam soon looked at the older with his wide eyes, disbelief. “But…but I fixed it again!” Heung soo quickly added. “..when you were out for two days..so obviously, different knob got different key..so I..I duplicate your new key and keep it for myself” Heung soo explained. His voice is getting smaller, as Nam soon’s eyes getting bigger, that Heung soo thought they gonna pop out from its socket soon. “T-then I find your old key and throw it away” Heung soo finally ended his explanation.

“Saekki!” Nam soon commented. The story was a bit funny to him, but of course he wouldn’t show it to Heung soo, as he hides away his smirk. 

“So…errr…I’m sorry?” Heung soo clasped his hands together, apologizing to the younger. He wished Nam soon could forgive him.

Nam soon gives away the laugh he was trying to contain, looking at the seriousness in Heung soo’s face after good one minute. “Pabo…! I would’ve asked you for compensation if I know this earlier” 

Heung soo find himself at ease once again. ‘Compensation?’ he grinned. “I can still you one now” the grin doesn’t leave his face, as he smooched both Nam soon’s cheek, making the younger blushed at his sudden act.

“Yah!!!!” Nam soon yelled, once Heung soo moved to his previous spot. ‘ert!’

“Hey…I need to ask you something..” Heung soo’s tone is all serious. No more playful grin.

Nam soon quickly abandons the little spark in his heart from the smooch he got earlier. He too had a serious look on his eyes, telling he’s ready to hear.

“I want to know how far you remember about yesterday?” Heung soo asked carefully. His eyes didn’t leave Nam soon’s face. A little sign of anxiety seems to cover the younger’s face.

“Not much…just a little bit here and there” Nam soon answered half-heartedly. He wanted to avoid this topic so badly, coz it only remind him of anger and hatred toward certain bastard, which he doesn’t even want to mention his name.

“How little is your little? Tell me Nam soon-ah…I need to know” Heung soo plead desperately. He tried to grip the younger’s hand, giving him courage and to prompt him to spill out everything. However, Nam soon doesn’t get the message as he slapped Heung soo’s hand away and got up. He walked to the kitchen, hoping to get something to ease the sudden dryness in his throat.

Heung soo sighed deeply. It wasn’t as easy as he thought it would be. He followed the younger into the kitchen. As he watched Nam soon’s drinking at the sink, eyes staring blankly outside, Heung soo leaned against the refrigerator, arms folded to his chest.

“You can’t keep running away from me” Heung soo stated. His eyes pierced into Nam soon’s back figure sharply.

“I wasn’t…you…you should stop chasing and bothering me, you punk!” Nam soon said sternly, as he dropped the empty glass onto the sink with an extra force. The glass shattered to pieces.

Heung soo was taken aback. He breathes deeply, trying his best to cover his rising anger. “What happened to our agreement to reconcile? To patch things up..? It’s time to put an end to it, don’t you think so, saekki?” though he planned to say it nicely, his words came out strong and loud. He got the feeling that Nam soon doesn’t remember the little talk they had last night.

“Agreement?” Nam soon scoffed. “Just when the hell I agreed to patch things up between us?” Nam soon mocked. His calm face smeared with anger. He was feeling devastated inside. He doesn’t know why his mouth keeps telling the opposite.  He do wanted to put an end to their past incident. He wanted to put all the bad memories behind and creates a new one with Heung soo.

“Why can’t you be honest with me?!” Heung soo’s anger reached its peak. He marched to the younger and grabbed his shoulder harshly. Heung soo doesn’t want Nam soon to repeat his mistake. Because of his faulty mouth and unforgiving words, their relationship took the wrong turn. He can’t understand what’s stopping Nam soon from telling his heart out or sharing his problems with him, when they used to do it all the time in the past.

“Because I don’t want to” Nam soon dropped the bomb, as he glared the older. Heung soo had multiples expression at once on his face, that it makes Nam soon’s heart waver. ‘What should I do now?’

“Bull, saekkiya!!! Am I that untrustworthy? Can’t you trust me again..?” Heung soo yelled, frustrated, his eyes are bloodshot. He then moves his hands away from the younger’s shoulder before he slowly reach for one of the broken pieces of glass. He held it firm in his right hand. “Do I need to make blood oath for you to believe me again?” Heung soo questioned, as he cut his left wrist.

It happened too fast for Nam soon, giving him no time to snatch away the glass piece or even yell an objection to the guy in front of him. Nam soon could only react when he saw blood dripping from the newly injured wrist, as Heung soo throw the glass back into the sink and clutch his bleeding wrist tightly.

With tears flowing down, he pulls Heung soo’s wrist and let the tap water run onto it. “Pabo…what did you just do?!!” Nam soon’s hand trembled as he was supporting Heung soo’s wrist. “Pabo…pabo…pabo..pabo…” he chanted. Nam soon is shocked and scared to the core.

“So..can you trust me now? Ready to tell me something?” Heung soo asked, despite the stinging pain he felt from his wrist.

Nam soon becomes restless when Heung soo’s wrist doesn’t seem to stop bleeding. “What’s good to remember when someone tried to you?!” Nam soon said it out loud, in between his tears and thumping heart.

Heung soo felt as if a train of electricity go through him. “What??!” Heung soo shouted as he turned Nam soon slightly, so that they can face each other. He spontaneously dismisses his wounded wrist. The pain feels nothing compared to what he just heard.

“Can’t I trust you…?” Nam soon repeated the question. “I do saekkiya!….but what’s good about it?! I will just drag you into my problem again. Again and again! Do you think I enjoy doing it?!” Nam soon paused to catch his breath. “You will have this stupid worried expression on your face…and..and..you will sacrifice yourself for my sake…! Do you think I’ll feel happy when you do that? Heck!! Do you even know what I scared the most when I got into a fight or stuck in a trouble?!” Nam soon paused for a while. “You!” he pointed his finger to Heung soo. “I’m scared if you’ll find out about it. I don’t give a damn about the wound or whatever effect it may has on me..but not you..! I can’t let you get hurt in my place..it’s not fair!” Nam soon’s body is shaking badly. Heung soo could only gape at the younger; shocked is filling him. “If I trust you again..if I tell you something…if we reconcile…if we become friend again…this cycle won’t end. Bad things will keep happening to you. I had brought enough misfortune to you, Heung soo..I even snatch away your dream…I can’t make you suffer anymore..” Nam soon slumped down on the floor; tired of all the shouting and tears.

Heung soo was so taken aback. Collecting himself up, he slouched down and pull Nam soon into his embrace. “Pabo..you’re only nineteen..heck…you’re even younger before..why the hell you had all this thought?” Heung soo asked. “You hate seeing me got hurt because of you?” Heung soo paused and smile lightly. “How could I leave you alone in those times? It’s always us against the world right?” Heung soo tighten the hug. The sob comes back, wetting his chest. “Plus, I care about you..so it’s normal if I feel worried about you, pabo!” he whispered. “And you never asked for my help..or forced me take the blame for you..I did it all willingly..as much as you don’t want me to get hurt, I’m feeling the same for you” Heung soo kissed Nam soon’s exposed neck.

“I don’t know how to make you stop feeling sorry but I can help you to forget the incident. It was a mistake and it’s in the past” Heung soo broke the hug, before he held Nam soon’s hand and stare into the younger’s eyes; they were red and damp. “And it wasn’t one sided mistake..I made a mistake too, didn’t I? Seriously…it was way worse.”

“Heung soo-ah..” Nam soon called softly.

“So, can we be friend again?” Heung soo asked, as he smiled genuinely.

Nam soon finally able to stretched his face muscle to smile at the older. “Slowly..” he replied at last.

“But surely” Heung soo added before he peck Nam soon’s lips.

Nam soon thought he won’t be able to blush after crying too hard, but he was wrong. His face still reddened and he silently cursed himself.

“Your wrist!!” Nam soon yelped when he noticed the dried blood stained on Heung soo’s arm. ‘How could I forgot it?!’

Heung soo bites his lips in order to silent a cry. The forgotten pain from the wound around his wrist started to fill his mind. ‘Damn!’

***

“That’s enough Tae sun-ah” Young do tapped his lover’s shoulder lightly. Tae sun distanced himself from the punching bag before he takes the towel from Young do’s hand. He then walked to the couch and sat down, wiping his sweaty face and neck.

“I’ll kill that bastard, seriously!” Tae sun gritted his teeth. His furiousness can’t leave him, from the moment he saved Nam soon from being Jin hyuk’s victim at the restaurant.

“Don’t act recklessly” Young do advised. There was softness in his voice, yet it sounded serious, as if it was an order. He placed his hand on Tae sun’s thigh, trying to calm his angry lover. He truly understood Tae sun’s situation, but he can’t let the guy acts carelessly. It would be fatal for him.

“What..? Recklessly?!” Tae sun raised his voice. “I would’ve burn a hole at his head if I act recklessly” Tae sun glared at Young do.

Young do sighed. “I know you’re angry..but..you acting like this won’t help Nam soon” Young do coaxed.

“Then? You want me to just sit back and watch Jin hyuk do as he pleased?! Is that what you’re implying?” Tae sun questioned harshly.

“No..! Not like that, love. We both know what kind of person Jin hyuk is. Other than his beastly and lustful self, he’s also a smart person. We need to think a step further than him” Young do said, as he eyed his lover intensely. “Since Jin hyuk is targeting Nam soon, we could take advantage over that” he suggested.

Tae sun got up abruptly and slapped Young do, hard. “! Are you saying we should voluntarily send Nam soon to that bastard?!” Tae sun raised his voice again, as he yelled at his lover frustratedly.

“T-tae sun-ah…” Young do called hesitantly. He was surprised by the slap.

“You don’t know how Jin hyuk was looking at Nam soon! He had the same look when he was with Tae min! After what he did to my brother, do you think I will let Jin hyuk toy with Nam soon?!” tears dropped down from Tae sun’s pool. “Jin hyuk…that bastard, I want him to die!” Tae sun cursed, in between his tears.

“Mianhe Sun-ah…I didn’t mean it that way. I know this is hard for you. I’m really sorry” Young do hugged his crying lover.

“I can’t do anything for my dongseng, until he ended up dying in front of my eyes. Nam soonnie..that boy remind me a lot of Tae min…it was my fault for hiring him at the bar in the first place. He caught my attention, soon after he walked into my office. Both of them have similar eyes; they were cold yet so gentle. For a moment, I thought I had my brother back.” Tae sun tighten the hugs before continue, “I really missed Tae min. I thought by letting Nam soon works at my bar, I could keep him close to me, even just for few hours. But that Jin hyuk just had to feels attracted to Nam soon” Tae sun breaks free from the hug and wiped his tears away.

“M-maybe..he too feels the same way toward Nam soon when he saw that boy. Jin hyuk and T-tae min were once lovers” Young do said carefully. He doesn’t want to offend his lover but he was telling the truth. Sometimes, he would see Jin hyuk stare at Nam soon’s picture dreamily, though he’s not sure how Jin hyuk managed to get it.

Tae sun glared at Young do. “Are you kidding me?! What kind of lover would selfishly let their partner die?! You saw Jin hyuk pulled Tae min to shield himself from the bullet! Jin hyuk supposed to die that night! Not my Tae min!”

Young do was at loss of word. Tae sun’s right. To put it bluntly, Jin hyuk forced Tae min to die in his place. If only Tae min had stay at home that night.

“S-so, what say you? Should we tell the truth to Nam soon?” Young so asked after a moment of silent.

Tae sun takes a deep breathes. “Not now” he paused. “..but he is no more my worker” Tae sun said with determination. He won’t let Nam soon continue working at the ‘Chaste’, or set his foot at Samchudong area. Young do nodded, agreed to Tae sun’s decision. “Should I send some men to guard Nam soon then?” he asked again, as he watched Tae sun making a phone call.

Tae sun smirked. Before he could reply, the line is connected. “Hello my friend!” Tae sun greeted with enthusiasm. “Make yourself free tonight. I’m coming over” he said straightforwardly. The person from the other line complained when he received such order from Tae sun, but he agreed nevertheless.

“Make sure you have my favourite coffee welcoming me later” Tae sun reminded, as he chuckled at the phone before he ended the call.

“I don’t know if Nam soon would appreciates some bodyguard tailing him. He’s Tsunami after all” Tae sun smirked, as he tossed his phone onto the couch; it bounced twice before Young do catches it, and put it back on the shelf nicely. “He won’t get the name for nothing right?” Tae sun asked, before he pulled Young do into a kiss. His mood had gotten better somehow. Young do couldn’t feel more relief than this. With such mood swing, Young do can’t imagine Tae sun being a girl on pms. He would’ve died a long time ago. 

Young do then deepened the kiss, as his hand roamed lower and lower, until he grabbed Tae sun’s and massaged it slowly. “I want you” he said in between the kiss, eyes locking with Tae sun’s.

They broke away from each other, allowing fresh air to enter their lungs. With his hands around Young do’s head, Tae sun whispered, “make me scream”, as he pressed their hard-on together.

***

Heung soo watched Nam soon getting ready to leave for his part-time job. “Wear another layer..it’s getting colder” he said to the younger when he was about to wear his jacket.

“I’ll be fine” Nam soon said, refusing to wear another layer. “Faster get up” he then said to Heung soo.

“Why?” Heung soo asked, dumbfounded, which make Nam soon rolled his eyes.

“Aren’t you leaving too?” Nam soon asked back.

“Where to?”

The question forced Nam soon to march to the older and smacked his head. “To your house obviously!” Nam soon answered.

“Ehhhhh! But I was planning to spend the night here” Heung soo whined, as he rubbed his poor head. He looked at Nam soon pitifully, hoping the younger would fall into his trick and let him stay overnight.

“Go home, saekkiya!” Nam soon scolded, as he ignore Heung soo’s kicked-puppy-face.

“But…!” Heung soo tried to object. He paused momentarily to find some good excuse.

“Go home now” Nam soon stressed on each word. “What would your noona say when her dongseng spend the night elsewhere?” the younger scolded.

“I’m spending the night at my best friend’s house, not elsewhere. She has nothing to be worried about” Heung soo replied and smiled.

Nam soon flinched when he heard Heung soo say the word ‘best friend’. It feels like forever since he last heard Heung soo address him that way. There’s a little happiness bloom in his heart.

“Aish! You’re gonna make me late for my delivery job like this” Nam soon ruffled his hair, as he stare at Heung soo. Nam soon noticed his bandaged wrist. ‘Three years ago, his bandaged knee made me lied to him, telling he was my plaything. Now, his bandaged wrist made me explained about my inmost thought’

“Everything will be fine…my hand, and of course…us” Heung soo embraced the younger and whispered.

Nam soon could barely blink away his threatening tears as he nodded. Taking a deep breathes, he detached himself from Heung soo’s strong arms.

“Yah! Why are you always hugging me lately???! Do you think I’m some kind of girl?” Nam soon asked. He pretended to be annoyed at the grinning tall guy across him. He wanted to ask about the peck and smooch too, but he couldn’t bring himself to ask it out. He rather dies than asking that and listens to Heung soo’s answer.

“Can I answer it?” Heung soo teased.

“Just shut up and go home now, you punk!” Nam soon said hurriedly, before he dragged the tall guy outside. He then locked the door and keep the key safely inside his pocket, before he glared at the older, thinking about the duplicate key. Heung soo however just grinned at Nam soon.

“Text me once you got home after work” Heung soo reminded, as they reached the bus stand. They will be parted from here.

“Arasso” Nam soon agreed without much word.

Heung soo smiled in relief. They bid each other good bye soon after that, with each of them continued to their respective destination.

***

“For real?! Jin hyuk is….”

“Yes..”

“If that the case, I’m in”

“Thanks chingu-ah"