The bad guy

Rewind the Time

Heung Soo was grumpy the entire morning lessons. He’s too annoyed to even bother listening to the teachers. He’s aching to goes to Nam Soon’s seat and drags him home. That boy can be a total brat and stubborn if he wanted to. That’s what make him worried about the younger. Whenever the teacher is not looking, Heung Soo would steal a quick glance to Nam Soon, only to finds him sleeping, with his head on the table, every single time. ‘Idiot punk! You should just sleep at home. It’s more comfortable that way’ Heung Soo scoffed.

However, Nam Soon wasn’t actually sleeping; he only pretended to. He’s not as tired as he always to - probably because he had enough sleep for the past two days. To tell the truth, that’s the longest and most peaceful rest he had in three years. Usually he only had three to four hours the most to sleep, thanks to his endless part-time jobs and sleepless night. But again, it’s not completely peaceful. Nam Soon recalled back the time he spent with Heung Soo. That bastard acted like there was nothing wrong with their relationship. Either the older had developed amnesia or he himself was too pitiful that night to be ignored. Frustrated, Nam Soon sat upright, as he shrugged off his unnecessary thought.

“Nice sleep, President Go?” Mr Kang smirked. Nam Soon scratch his head, “Uhhh…” he smiled awkwardly. Mr Kang shakes his head before he continue teaching. As usual, only few students are paying attention to class, while the rest are sleeping. It doesn’t bother Mr Kang as much as he started teaching class 2-2, in fact he’s quite happy that at least those who are uninterested to study didn’t create a chaos while he’s teaching. On top of that, these students seem to start taking part in study, little by little, thanks to Mr Jung’s new way of teaching- studying poem in a small group.

The class goes on until the bell rang, indicating recess time. Nam soon gives respect to the teacher, followed by the other students. The class soon indulge in a loud noise; the students get into small groups, talking loudly as they whined about the boring class, piled homework and discussing the menu for the day. The noisy class drop dead silent when Heung Soo is standing by Nam Soon’s table. In a split second, all attentions are on Heung Soo and the class president.

“Yah Go Nam Soon!” Heung Soo called.

Some students started to whisper among themselves, while others are looking at Heung soo with terror. It’s only a matter of time before their class president would burst in anger. Kang Joo got up from her seat, alarmed. She was going to Nam Soon’s place, worried that something bad will happen between the two tall guys, but Ha Kyung had secured Kang Joo’s arm, stopping her from moving and get herself into trouble.

Nam Soon didn’t bulge from his previous sitting position. His eyes still focused to the outside, staring at bunch of students walking to and from their destination.

“Yah saekki!” Heung Soo called again. Surprised gasped could be heard from their classmates, but that doesn’t bother Heung Soo, Nam soon’s silence does.

Annoyed with the staring eyes and awkward tension filling up the class, Nam soon hissed and got up from his seat. “Move!” Nam Soon ordered. His eyes are dangerous. Heung Soo glares back at the younger; his eyes are telling that he won’t back off.

“Follow me. I have something to say” Heung soo said, coldness in his voice.

Nam Soon pushed the older backward, creating a space between them,“I don’t have a reason to”. He then walked past Heung soo and leaves the class.

‘Idiot bastard!’ The irritated Heung soo cursed, as he hurriedly follows the younger. He trails the younger from a safe distance.

Nam Soon realized that Heung soo is following him. Does it bother him? Hell it does! However, Nam Soon doesn’t say a word, and so they both end up at the roof top. Ignoring the tall guy behind him, Nam Soon walked to the empty bench and lay down. He’s hungry but his appetite had fly off to nowhere, plus he doesn’t want to be in a loud and crowded place now. 

“Not hungry?” Heung soo asked as he leaned against the wall. He takes out a box of cigarette from his pocket. He stares at Nam soon as he plays with the cigarette box; tossed it in the air and catch it back with one hand. He sighed when he got no reply from Nam Soon.

“How’s your shoulder?” Heung soo try asking again. He now had a cigarette between his fingers and a lighter in the other hand. Nam soon shifted his position as he lay down on his left side, only to give Heung Soo his back view.

“Are you expecting me to ask the same question?” Nam soon opened his eyes and asked. He’s scared to even think about it. The guiltiness he’s trying to suppress occupied his mind again.

“What?” the older asked dumbfounded. 

“How’s your knee?” Nam soon braced himself to ask the question.

Heung soo was taken aback with the sudden question. His knee isn’t the problem here and he never expect Nam soon to ask about it. “It’s fine” Heung soo answered shortly. He doesn’t want to prolong this topic coz he knows it would only hurt both of them and the impact is obviously greater on Nam Soon.

“If you want to put it that way, then my shoulder is fine too” Nam soon answered.

“Bull Nam soon-ah!” Heung soo is too annoyed to let this thing passed. He abruptly got up and pulls Nam Soon by his collar to make him stand. His cigarette is long forgotten on the floor. “ Nam Soon..can you stop?!” Heung soo snapped as he tightens the grab on Nam Soon’s collar. His eyes are wide and red from anger. 

“Stops what? Being a hateful jerk?” Nam soon smirked. “Why don’t you stop acting like a nice guy? I’m sick of it, you !” he said bitterly, as he stares into Heung soo’s eyes.

“YAH SICK BASTARD, I’m saying stops acting like you don’t care about me, about us!” Heung soo yelled, out of frustration.

Nam Soon laughs. “ There is no ‘us’ you punk!. Should I remind you of what you had told me that night? Do you want me to say everything, word by word, saekkiya??!” Nam soon yelled back. Tears are threatening to fall.

The grip on Nam Soon’s collar slowly loosened. Heung soo is at loss of word. All this while, he knew that he had broken Nam Soon’s heart but only now he realized the damage he had done on the younger. He had destroyed Go Nam Soon to nothingness. The person in front of him is nothing but an empty shell; his soul is long dead. “Nam soon-ah…I-I’m s-“

“Shut your ing mouth and get lost!” Nam soon threw Heung soo to the side before he walked away from the place.

Heung soo could only helplessly watch the retreating Nam Soon.’ What is it so hard to apologize?’he asked himself as Nam soon closed the door behind him.

***

Nam Soon POV

“Hey kid, go send these drinks to Room 10” the bar owner ordered me. I looked at him, unsure if I heard it right. Room 10 is one of the VIP room. From my one month experience since I started working here, I never got to go to the VIP rooms. My job is only to prepare the drinks and shots. I only heard stories from the waiters, as they drop the orders and pick them up soon after that. So far there aren’t any good stories. The VIP rooms are normally occupied by the gangsters or erted men, looking for pleasure at the blaring music, hot girls and awful drinks.

This bar offer a good pay and I didn’t expect to get hired since I’m a minor. But I did nevertheless and luckily my working days are only 3 days per week- Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. On these days, I work less hour on my delivery job, so that I won’t be late to the bar. It was hard at first to learn the names, what more to prepare it. But it doesn’t take long until I become pro at it.

Talking about pro, I can brag about my popularity here. Of course it’s annoying when the girls and some guy purposely drop by the counter to personally make their order. It took me a whole lot of effort to not glare at them or say anything vulgar. I also had to endure their flirtious winks and sweet talk. On top of that, I had to avoid their questions and politely refuse to join them for a drink. If not because of the good pay and generous tips from the customers, I would have stopped working here.

“What are waiting for? Faster! We can’t let them wait” the owner, Han Tae Sun, handed me a tray full of drinks. They’re stinks; I crunched my nose. I had no choice but to follow the order. “Neh~” I replied lazily.

“Don’t forget to smile when you serve them!” Tae Sun hyung, who is 10 years older than me, yelled, when I was getting further from the counter.

(end of pov)

A loud music welcomed Nam Soon as he opened the door to Room 10. From the door, Nam soon could see a man, quite young, is making out with a girl. Nam soon feel disgusted. The other four guys could act like there’s nothing happen in the room. They are busy with their own girls, talking and giggling among themselves. Nam Soon doesn’t want to waste any time being in the room. He quickly served the drinks. However, Nam Soon is a bit hesitant to serves the final drink. Taking a deep breath and with his stoic face, he bend over to put the drink on the table right in front of the guy who was making out. He thought it was over, but the guy caught Nam Soon wrist and pull him closer. Shocked, Nam soon swung the empty tray to hit the guy. The tray barely missed the erted guy’s face. “Sorry, I slipped” Nam soon apologized, as he hold in his anger. He doesn’t want to create any scene here.

The guy let out a heartily laugh. “Your lips are so temping. Mind if I taste them?” the guy whispered. Nam soon gritted his teeth. He never feels so humiliated in his entire life.

“Yah!” Tae Sun called out from the door. Both Nam Soon and the ert guy look over to the door. Tae Sun entered the room and stand close to Nam Soon. “Ah..you’re still here? We got a lot of order in front” Tae Sun said.

“Mianhe chingu-ah . We have a busy night and Nam Soon is very well needed at the counter” the owner said, as politely as he could.

“Is that so? It’s a pity then” the guy smiled to Nam soon and reluctantly let go of his wrist. Once he’s free, Nam soon bowed to Tae Sun before leaving the room.

Tae Sun follow suit not long after that. Instead of heading to the counter, Tae Sun dragged Nam Soon to the kitchen, and they escaped through the back door. Once they are outside, Tae Sun breathe in relieve. “Yah brat, are you okay?” Tae Sun asked worriedly. Luckily, he was quick to check on Nam Soon. He doesn’t feel good to send Nam Soon to the room from the start. Tae Sun had observed how Jin Hyuk feast on Nam Soon’s body the other day. Growing up as friend and being in the same group, Tae Sun couldn’t bring himself to stopped Jin Hyuk from coming to his bar. However, Tae Sun don’t need to be a genius to know Jin Hyuk’s hidden attention. Tae Sun didn’t regret his choice to leave the gangster world or resent how Jin Hyuk is getting worse day by day; he’s ruling the city as he wished to. But his friend’s lust that scares him; girl or guy, he never feels satisfied.

“Yeah. I’m ok” Nam Soon answered. “But hyung, who’s that sick bastard?”

“Choi Jin Hyuk. Have you heard him before? He’s a big jjang here, Nam Soon-ah. You must be careful around him…no…try to avoid him, arasso?” Tae Sun plead. Somehow, Tae Sun has a soft spot for Nam Soon, from the moment the younger walked in into his office. Maybe his charm or the mysterious eyes that mesmerize him; he end up hiring the younger, even though he’s a minor.

“Uhh ok” Nam Soon don’t know what to answer. He never heard the name before. If he is as dangerous as Tae Sun hyung claimed to be, he better put his guard on around the guy.

“Just go home now” Tae Sun said, sighing. “Give me the apron”

Nam Soon look at the older with his questioning eyes. Nodding his head, he hands over the apron before bowing to the older and leaves the place.

{inside Room 10}

“So that’s Tsunami…” Jin Hyuk gulped down his drink. “Interesting” he exclaimed, as he grinned to himself, remembering the closeness between him and the high schooler. If not because of the damn Tae Sun, he would have taste the sweet lips.

“Ha ryung..call the kid and tell him to meet me up tomorrow” Jin Hyuk ordered, as he put down his empty glass.

“Why are you toying with the boy, Jin Hyuk-ah” Young Do asked their leader.

“Why can’t I? He’s my servant until he pays off all his father’s debt” Jin Hyuk answered, as he smirked. He got a nice plan in his mind to get his hand on Tsunami.

***

It’s still early to call it a night for Nam Soon. Walking through the chilly night, Nam Soon’s mind wonder off to the previous incident in Room 10. ‘Sick bastard!’ Nam Soon cursed under his breath. ‘Next time he dares to do something funny, I’ll show him that he shouldn’t mess with Tsunami!’ he said to himself as he walked into the dark playground near his neighbourhood. He stands in the middle of the playground, unsure of what he could do there, alone at this hour.

Nam Soon was about to squat down when someone tapped him on the shoulder. He got alarmed, and quickly turned around and lunge a punch to the stranger. It landed directly on the stranger’s face, making him stumble backward and groaned in pain.

“What the hell, saekki?!”

The familiar voice brings Nam Soon back to his sense, his racing heart slowly returned back to normal. He had to admit it; the little incident at the bar made him waves. Those hateful laugh and lustful eyes did scare him.

“H-heung soo?” Nam Soon asked for confirmation.

“Who else do you think, you punk!” Heung soo hissed, as he approach the younger. For once, Nam soon feels relieved by Heung soo’s presence. He falls to the ground, as he lost his strength in his legs.

“Yah…what’s wrong?” Heung soo asked, panicked with Nam Soon’s weird behaviour. He also got down, joining Nam Soon as he faced the younger, trying to read his face. The darkness of the night however had restricted his will. “Yah…! Are you ok?” Heung soo asked again.

Instead of answering the older, Nam Soon asked him, “What are you doing here?” There was no anger in his voice, unlike this morning. He do want to know what had brought Heung soo here at this hour.

Heung soo scoffed. “What are you doing here? And why are you so startled just now?” he questioned the younger.  

“None of your business, saekkiya” Nam Soon replied half-heartedly. He’s not planning to tell the older anything. He doesn’t want to bother him with his problem. He’s just being paranoid about that Jin Hyuk guy.

“You called my name…just in case you didn’t realize. It has to be something wrong somewhere. Swallow your pride and just ing tell me now” Heung soo said, eyeing the younger.

“I thought you were some drunkard” Nam soon lied, as he got up. He couldn’t bear looking into Heung soo’s eyes, afraid that he might tell him about the jjang. He also fears he might say that he missed the older guy so bloody much.

Heung soo let the younger get on his way for about few steps before he caught him in a back hug, embracing the frail guy, shielding him from whatever his fear might be. Nam soon was startled by the sudden contact but he didn’t try to break loose. He needed the hug more than anything now.

“Idiot, why would Tsunami be scared of some drunkard?” Heung soo asked softly. He got the feeling that there’s more to Nam Soon’s uneasiness.

Nam soon remained silent in Heung soo’s arm. “Why are you being like this, saekki?” Nam soon asked, after a while.

“Can’t you understand? I’m trying to make up to you for my mistake” Heung soo finally say it.

“I’ve wronged you. I’m trying to stay away from you, just like how you wanted me to” Nam soon bites his lips as his chest tightens.

“I-I’m sorry k. I don’t mean what I said that night. So please..stop running away from me. I want my Nam Soon back..I’m ing miss you, bastard” the older whispered, just enough for Nam Soon to hear him.

Nam soon eyes went wide. He’s too overwhelmed with what he just heard. He wanted to turned around and hug the older back, so badly. But a little part in him doesn’t allow him to. He hastily pry off Heung soo’s hands from his waist. In one quick movement, he throw another punch to Heung soo’s stomach. “Liar!” the younger yelled and run from the place.

Heung soo could only sigh. He is wrong to think that Nam Soon would easily accept his apology. With a heavy heart, he walked off from the playground, heading back to his home.

 p/s : i hope it's worth waiting~