A plan

Rewind the Time

Recess just ended. Nam soon entered the classroom and sat down on his seat with a loud sigh. Today is another tiring day for him. Secretly, Nam Soon looked at his left, to check out Heung soo, but he was surprised to find out that the older already staring at him. The class president mouthed ‘saekki!’ to the black haired man before looking away. He sighed again.

Nam Soon POV

‘Just what is wrong with that guy today!~I started to get annoyed by Heung soo’s weirdness. Since this morning, Heung soo is acting like a lost puppy. The tall guy followed me to almost everywhere I went to. I thought I had enough surprised when I saw him at my door this morning, grinning like an idiot. I remembered back our conversation

“Yah saekki, what are you doing here?” I asked, as I locked the door and keep the key in my pocket.

“Who knows..maybe escorting you…how’s that sound?” he grinned. I feel the urge to smack him on his head. But I quickly shrugged off the idea when I noticed the little bruise on his left cheek. Omo..did I punch him that hard last night ? I feel sorry for him; he got punched for no reason. Ehh maybe…for a reason-he shouldn’t have scares me like that!

“Are you taking bus or walking?” he asked, with his happy voice. I feel weird. Did he take a wrong medicine? Ignoring the over-excited Heung soo, I walked faster and be ahead of him. He didn’t try to fasten his steps; instead he followed me from behind, keeping a small distance between us.

I was thinking to take bus this morning. But with this guy trailing behind me, I cancelled the idea. I don’t want people to see us together. It’s not good for me and absolutely a disaster for Heung soo. Since I got few not so nice enemies, I don’t want to risk Heung soo’s safety by keeping him close to me. The other gang shouldn’t know that Heung soo is my weakness.

Halfway to our school, we keep walking in silent. I thanked God because I don’t have to listen to Heung soo or answer any of his questions. But I was wrong. Heung soo started to walk faster, so that we are side by side. Not enough with that, he bombarded me with lots and lots of questions that I started to get a headache.

“How’s your dad? Did he contact you recently?”

“Are you free tonight? Can I come over? I’ll bring some nice food..so you don’t have to cook ramyun”

“No..? So, you’re busy? Must be your part-time job…what kind of job you do? Are they good money?”

“What time you finished work?”

“Hey, by any chance, does your place need an extra worker? You know.. we can work and hang out together”

I got so irritated with the endless question that my face turned sour. By the time we reached the school gate, I purposely stomped on his feet before ran off to our class.

Yet my bad day doesn’t show any sign to end soon. Whenever I went out from class, either to do some errand for Ms Jung or I have to take a quick trip to the restroom, I could find Heung soo behind me.

The other students are starting to gossip around. But can’t blame them though. No one ever dare to talk to me, what more stay close to me and befriend me. They must be wondering how and why Heung soo seem to be close to me. Ahh screw them! They don’t know a thing and it got nothing to do with them, so why bother about the gossip and their thought.

The class goes as usual. Period by period, the teachers were blabbering about something that I don’t understand. Since I don’t have any intention to do well in my studies, why should I waste my brain cells to understand any of the lessons?

Suppressing my yawn with the back of my hand, I struggle to stay awake for the last 30 minutes of Maths period. I tried my best not to get picked by Uhm Force to answer the question on board. From the corner of my eyes, I catch the glimpse of Heung soo, as he focused on the board. I feel at ease. Heung soo may seem uninterested in his studies, but he can be good when he wants to. His past grades were much better than mine. Maybe he spent too much time with me and he’s more interested in his soccer practice, that people always mistaken him as a brat and labelled him brainless. It was my fault though..for making him look bad to the society and take away his only dream. I started to feel horrible.

  Heung soo POV

At last~~~~ a break! My lower body started to feel numb from sitting all day. I gather all my stuff and keep them in my bag. I tried to do it as slow as possible. I noticed Nam Soon’s face is clouded with sadness, just before the class ended. I’m worried. Even his voice was depressing when he gave respect to Uhm Force. I have to make sure the class is empty before I can go over to Nam Soon’s place and talk to him; just to avoid any further attention from my fellow busybody classmates. I know that I had attracted unnecessary attention by following Nam Soon all day. I did that because I was worried about yesterday’s event. Knowing Nam Soon, he won’t open his mouth, especially when we are not in a relationship to share problems between us. Even though Nam Soon not planning to tell me, at least I have to make sure that the problem doesn’t bother the younger. It’s better to agitated him, rather than watching him to fall into depression. And my tactic seems to be working. Nam Soon was grumpy the whole day. It’s amusing to watch his annoyed expression and the way he bite his lips in frustration. It’s give butterflies to my stomach~

I’ve finished packing, however the class is far from empty. Can I just shoo them away? Why aren’t they leaving?! I waited at my own seat, as I listened to my iPod.

Before the first song even finished, I saw Nam Soon walked past me in a hurry. I pluck off the earphone and lazily throw them in my bag, as I try to catch up with Nam Soon.

“Why so fast?” I asked him, as I walked beside him, my hands in the pocket. Nam Soon ignored me and continues walking. Aish this bastard. I’ve been asking questions from morning, and he doesn’t reply to any of it. Do you had gold inside your mouth?! I steal a quick glance to him. He seem to be bothered about something.

As we walked down the corridor, many students throw a look toward us. I got irritated. Punching them won’t be a wise decision, so I could only give them a murderous glare which says ‘ off, bastard!’ They seem to get the message when they look away and some are avoiding to walked pass us. I smirked.

“If you don’t like their staring, why are you following me?” Nam soon asked, as we stand in front of the library. I looked at the big ‘PLEASE BE SILENT’ sign at the door. Why are we here? Nam soon was never the study type.

I pointed at the sign, as I look at Nam Soon with my questioning eyes. He smirked at me before he entered the library. I was left at the door dumbfounded. It took me a while to figure out why he or rather we came here;I was too talkative. He knows that I would follow him anywhere, so if we are inside the library, I can’t talk as I pleased. “Aish that stupid bastard!” my face turned sour, but I entered the library nevertheless. 

Nam Soon POV

Aish! He’s still here. I saw him entered the library. Can’t he understand that I’m not going to say anything to him? I’m clearly giving him a silent treatment. Which part of silent treatment he can’t understand?! I scoffed as I purposely go over a book shelf. It was the history section.

From the small gap between the book shelves, I saw Heung Soo is approaching me. In a minute, he’s standing opposite of me. The books had shielded Heung soo from my sight. Ignoring him, I walked from a shelf to another, reading the books titles as I walked passed them.

“Yah saekki…are you ok? Something’s bothering you?” I stare at him. He looked worried. I could feel a squeeze in my heart. Why he had such expression on his face now? He can’t be concern about me, right? Not after what I did to him..

His eyes followed me as I scroll down the shelves. I pick one thick book, and hold it firm in one hand.

“Yah! Say something” he whispered. He pushed the books aside, so that he can get a better look at me. I still didn’t respond to him. I pick another book.

“Please Nam Soon-ah. I’m sorry for what I’ve said before” I froze on the spot. My hand that rested on a thick red hard-covered book shivered. Can I believe it? I look into his eyes; there was sincerity there. I’m touched…a bit. I picked the red book, as I hold in a smile.

“Yah punk! Don’t you have anything to say to me?” he asked again. I moved to another shelf. It read phycology. Ohh so we have these kinds of books in our library. I choose a random book and flick it open. Too many words; it makes me drowsy. I keep that book to myself and continue scrolling.

I could hear him sighing. I’m going to laugh anytime soon..aigoo~

“Did you sleep well last night?” Heung soo still continue with his question. “I was worried because you don’t seem like you last night” he said after a while. Jin Hyuk face comes across my mind. I couldn’t sleep last night, saekki! I yelled in my heart. My instinct strongly says that Jin Hyuk guy had something bad going on in his mind. Tae Sun hyung had warned me to be careful around him and try to avoid him at all cost. Is it something bad going to happen? Should I quit the job or should I trust my fighting skill and continue as usual? But he’s an adult and a fearful jjang. I’m sure he got a lot of men under him and his gang doesn’t depend on fist as strength in a fight. What if he possessed guns and other weapons? Would I survive if I had a row with him? I wavered.

I can’t believe that I questioned myself, as I think about another jjang. What’s happening to me? How did I become so weak? I tighten the grip on the books I was holding.

“Nam soon…nam soon-ah…yah!” I snapped away from my thought. Heung soo is standing before me. His eyes are wide and restless.

“Tell me what’s wrong, Nam soon-ah…please..there’s something that you aren’t telling me” I looked down. I’ve promised myself that I won’t tell him a word. I shook my head, as I denied him.

“You worried for nothing, you punk!” I tried to neutralize my expression. As I expected, he didn’t buy it. He squint his eyes, as if he tries to force out an answer from me.

But I just laugh. “Y-yah! Your eyes already so small, why make it even smaller” I laugh again. This time I wasn’t fake it. Heung soo’s eyes do look funny to me.

Heung soo slowly calmed down, and there was a tint of redness on his cheek. I smiled. He’s quite cute when he’s shy.

“You don’t have to follow me all day, saekki. What are you? My bodyguard?” I whispered to him, after my laughter subsided. He scratch his head, embarrassed. “I can be one if you don’t mind” he replied, a slight smile forming in his lips. I rolled my eyes, “I’m capable of taking care of myself”

This time, he rolled his eyes. “Yeah right” he mocked me. Without I realized, I pouted.

Heung soo POV

 He’s pouting. I gulped down. I suddenly feel hot, even though this room is awfully cold. I stare at those cherry lips; they are so tempting. This is a huge opportunity, Heung soo-ah~ I looked around, it’s clear; I couldn’t see any students or teacher. I didn’t spare a second thought to peck the pouting lips. I retreat back, as I smiled at him. Aigoo..our great Tsunami is too shocked to move a muscle. His expression is priceless. I laugh like crazy in my mind.

But it wasn’t long for Nam Soon to recover from the shocked. He gritted his teeth, as he dropped the heavy books he was holding to the ground. The carpeted floor had help to muffled the sound. If not, the loud noise would have attracted someone’s attention and whoever they might be, would ruin this moment. Nam Soon pushed me against the wall, using his arm on my neck, to restrict my movement, as he glared dangerously. Other people would have run in terror by now. But it doesn’t scare me at all.

“What the hell do you think you were doing, ?!” Nam Soon stifled his yell.

I smiled at him. “Pecking you..?” I paused. I swear I could see the smoke coming out from his ears. This is so much fun! “Why? Want another one? But this position not quite right” I winked. Nam soon’s eyes went wide. “Sick bastard!” he cursed. I waited for his punch but it doesn’t come. Instead, he slowly let me free. I’m surprised.

“You just lost your chance to make me answer your question!” he huffed in annoyance. What…? I went next to him, as I search his eyes. But he’s avoiding mine. ! Wrong move…but maybe not really wrong..I touch my lips. I’m actually proud of myself! Haha..

Nam soon was going to leave this section. Naa my dear…I’m not going to allow it. I catch his wrist and make him look at me. “Tell me to do anything..I will! Just promise me that you would answer my questions” I plead, as I put on my best puppy-face. I’m sure he can’t resist it. It always worked in the past.

He pries off my grip and rolled his eyes. “Are you sure?” he challenged me.

“Of course! Anything!” I answered confidently.

He flashed his childish smile and it’s totally melted me. He pointed to the pile of books on the ground. “Pick them up and read each book, each page, each word. One book equals to one question” he smirked. “Can you do it?” he asked arrogantly.

I scoffed. Read those books? Is he crazy?! I looked at the book and Nam Soon simultaneously, disbelief! They weren’t manga! I would fall asleep even before I finish reading one page.

“I’m not forcing you though” he said with a sly smile on his face, as he walked away. Ugh! He got me! Cursing under my breath, I pick up all the books and chase after him. “Arasso, I will read them” I said to him, as we walked to an empty table. He looked at me, amused.

{end of pov}

“President Go, Park Heung soo” Mr Kang called his students, forcing the boys to turn around and went to their teacher. They both bow as they stood opposite of the man.

“Aigoo President Go, I never expect to see you here” Mr Kang said to Nam Soon. Nam Soon just smiled awkwardly to his homeroom teacher.

“And Park Heung soo, that’s a whole lot of books. I don’t know that you love reading” Mr Kang patted the said boy’s shoulder. Heung soo faked a smile to his teacher, as he cursed Nam Soon in his head. Nam soon on the hand looked away, afraid that he would burst in laughter in front of Mr Kang.

“Since you two are here, follow me. I have some work for both of you. Grunted, they whined to Mr Kang. “I’m not accepting any excuse. Now..follow me!” Mr Kang smiled, and guided them to the literary section.

Nam Soon and Heung soo look at each other, unsatisfied. Nam Soon just shrugged off his shoulder and whispered, “just follow him”

Heung soo make a ‘you’re dead’ motion to the younger, as he reluctantly followed their teacher. “You owe me ramyun” the black-haired man whispered back. Annoyance is obvious on his face.

“Arasso saekki” Nam soon agreed to the request. Heung soo smiled to the younger.

***

Oh Jung Ho walked into the spacious office with caution. His steps are light and composed. He stops in front of a huge table work; there was a guy talking to the phone, facing opposite of Jung Ho. The younger waits quietly until his boss finished with whatever his business was.

“I’ll get back to you” With that, Choi Jin Hyuk ended the phone call, and swing around his chair, facing the high schooler. Smugness is plastered on Jin Hyuk’s face.

“Young Do, Ha Ryung, wait outside. I don’t want any guest until I’ve finish my business with this kid” Jin Hyuk ordered. The two adult followed the order, without any objection.

“So…Oh Jung Ho…” Jin Hyuk started as the door closed with a ‘click’ sound. “You’re in the same class as Tsunami, right?” he boss asked, as he played with his knife. It’s shining sharp blade promise a bitter pain.

“Y-yes” Jung Ho answered shortly.

“Good!” the leader exclaimed. His face is bright. “I have a small favour to ask you” he smirked at the kid in front of him. It send shivers to Oh Jung Ho.

Startled, he answered with a stutter, “W-what can I d-do for you h-hyung-nim?”

Jin Hyuk laughed. He got up and went to Oh Jung Ho. “Why are you so nervous? Is it because of my blade?” Jin Hyuk traced the knife along Jung Ho’s chest. “Don’t worry. It’s not meant for you…”he paused, “…just yet” the knife went upward to his neck. Cold sweat runs down Jung Ho’s forehead.

“If you do your work perfectly, you have nothing to be worried about” Jin Hyuk whispered to the younger.

“I’ll try my very best, hyung-nim!” Jung Ho bowed down.

“Good boy” the boss patted Jung Ho’s shoulder. “I need you to be close to Tsunami..like a real friend. I want you to report to me his every movement at school every day, sharp at 6 p.m, arasso?” Jin Hyuk asked sweetly.

Jung Ho was shocked with the request, but he couldn’t bring himself to ask anything to the older guy. He might not go out in one piece if he dares to stick his nose into Jin Hyuk’s business.

“Neh. Every day at 6 p.m” Jung Ho promised.

“Excellent! Starting tomorrow. I will let you know where you supposed to meet me”

“Neh” Jung Ho agreed.

“You can go now” Jin Hyuk said with a smile.

Jung Ho bowed down to the gang leader before leaving the place. Once he’s outside the building, he could finally breathe in relief.

‘How come hyung-nim knows Go Nam Soon?’ Jung Ho asked himself, as he walked toward the busy road. ‘Something nasty is coming to your way, Tsunami’ Jung ho don’t know he should be happy about this or pity his class president.

Nevertheless, he had to side with Choi Jin Hyuk, as long as the older guy held his father hostage. His debt is too large for a high schooler to pay off. Until then, Jung Ho had to obey the ultimate order from Choi Jin Hyuk no matter what happens.

***

“Are you two finished yet?” Mr Kang poked his head above the mountain of books on the table. Both Nam Soon and Heung soo looked up, only to see their teacher grinning at them. Nam soon hastily throw the pen on the table, “Sam, I’m not going to write anymore” he said tiringly. Heung soo, beside him, nodded as he put down his pen. Then, they both sighed.

“Aigoo kids, you two have enough muscle and strength to transcribe the entire library. You complaint with these much books?” Mr Kang smirked as he pointed the books with his eyes. There were 10 Korean literature books stuck up in each four mountain of books.

The teenagers looked at their teacher with wide eyes. ‘These much, my !’ Nam Soon cursed quietly, but it was loud enough for Heung soo to hear it. The older buy chuckled.

“See President Go, Heung soo is clearly enjoying this” Mr Kang referred to the chuckled which he caught just now. Heung soo abruptly keep quiet when Nam Soon glared at him.

“There are many other students in our class. Why only the two of us have to do these?” Nam soon complaint.

“Let me think…hhmmm because you seems so free and you slept well in my and Ms Jung class. So this is your penalty” Mr Kang answered with a smile.

“But I didn’t sleep and I just enrolled here” Heung soo objected.

“No more words. Each of you pick five books and continue at home. I’ll check them tomorrow. Make sure you come to school!” Mr Kang warned, before he left the boys.

“Yah…you do for me” Nam Soon ordered. His face sullen.

“Why me, you punk!? I had enough on my own…don’t you remember the books you asked me to read?” Heung soo whined as he randomly pick 5 books as they were asked to by Mr Kang.

Nam Soon rolled his eyes, as he too joined Heung soo in search for 5 decent books to bring back home. “You’re going to read them? For real?” Nam soon asked, as he flip through a book.

“Yup..saekki!” Heung soo said and gather his books. He had select a few interesting poem books.

Nam Soon sighed. “I’m telling you, there’s nothing to be worried about” He got up to keep back the rest of the book on the shelves.

Heung soo also got up and follows the younger. “You lied. I’ve know you for a pretty long time” he answered.

“Mind your own business, saekkiya” Nam soon reminded the older. Heung soo takes the books on Nam Soon’s hand and arrange them up nicely on the shelf.

“Pabo..it’s us against the world, right?” Heung soo smiled, as he ruffled the younger hair.

“I-I got to go!” Nam soon hurriedly says. He can stand listening to Heung soo anymore. His heart is beating like crazy and his mind is so confused now. ‘What should I do?’

Nam soon stops after a few steps and goes to Heung soo again. “You…! Don’t follow me!” he threatened.

“Arasso…” Heung soo said. “But give me your number first” Heung soo held out his hand.

“Hell no, you punk!” Nam soon disagreed.

“Ahh really? Then, can I keep this?” Heung soo takes out a phone from his pocket, and showed it to Nam Soon. Mischievous is written all over his face.

Nam soon looked at the older, wide-eyes. He touches around his pocket and jacket for his phone. “H-how..?”

“You shouldn’t leave your phone inside your bag, Nam Soonie” the black-haired teen smiled.

“Ugh, you !” Nam Soon cursed. He remembered he left his phone inside his bag, when Ms Jung called him to the staff room. ‘Aish! Why didn’t I notice it sooner?!’ Nam Soon then try to snatch back his phone. But the little height difference between them gives an advantage to Heung Soo.

Heung Soo blocked Nam Soon’s attempt with ease as he quickly used Nam Soon’s phone to missed called his own phone, before he set his own number in the younger’s phone. Once he’s done, he returned back to the owner.

Nam Soon takes back his phone angrily as he smack the guy in front of him. He then stomped away from the place, as he check his phone for any damage. He choose the ‘contact’ icon and scroll down to see the new contact; it was saved under ‘My Saekki’. I rolled my eyes, as I keep the phone inside my pocket and walked to work place.

***

“Sorry to keep you waiting, babe”

“Young Do!”

The said man smiled lovingly to his lover who was stirring the drink.

“How was your day?” Tae Sun asked, once the waiter leave with Young Do’s order.

“Pretty bored” Young Do faked a sob, which make Tae Sun chuckled. He takes a sip of his drink.

“So, do you get any information?” Tae Sun asked eagerly, as he sat up straight, waiting in anticipation.

“Nothing much. You sure are interested in that kid” Young Do paused. “?” He joked.

“You are enough for me” Tae Sun replied seductively. His lover smiled, satisfied.

“Jin Hyuk ordered Jung Ho to get close to Tsunami and observed his daily routine. He has to report it every day to Jin Hyuk” Young Do voice is all serious. He relay the information he managed to seize from Oh Jung Ho to his lover.

Tae Sun sighed. “That idiot is getting on my nerve!” he growled.

Young Do reach out his hand to hold his lover’s. “Don’t worry. I’ll keep an eye on Jin Hyuk. But, care to tell me why are you so interested with that school boy?”

“My dongseng should be around his age if he’s alive” Tae Sun’s face fell down. Young Do squeezed Tae Sun’s hand, as if to calmed down his lover.

“We won’t let the same thing happens twice, dear” Young Do promised.

Tae Sun forced a smile. “I’ll stop Jin Hyuk this time” Tae Sun said, with determination fired in his eyes.

p/s : thank you for your lovely comments. They really makes me happy and thanks to my subscribers too. I hope you enjoy this chapter :) Later~~~~