One mistake

Rewind the Time

Chapter 1

Nam Soon’s POV

From the corner, I watched the rest of the gang beating Park Heung Soo. Hurt ; My heart ache each time painful cries escaped from Heung Soo’s mouth. Pain ; As if all the punches and kicks landed on me. I gritted my teeth, my heart dropped…no!…it broken….broken to thousand pieces…shattered to nothing. Why ? Why do you have to go ?! Didn’t we promise to be together, all the time…just the two of us…but why do you have to leave me?

Anger hits me like a crazy wave. I looked at him…hate and disappointment slowly takes over my mind. I marched at him. “Move!” I shouted and shoved one of the gang members and strike an attack. “Arghhhhhh!!” that dreadful cries echoed through the darkness. Heung Soo, with teary eyes, blood dripping from the corner of his lips and bruises everywhere- on his face, his body, looked at me. Those usually sharp and fierce eyes speak thousands of emotion; pain, disappointment, despair and broken. I finally snapped out of my anger. Heung Soon is fighting back his tears and holding his knee. What have I done ?! “H-heung soo…” I tried to reach out to him….

But my body acted against my wish. I turned around, avoiding his gaze..one step..two step..I drag my heavy foot ”Nam soon….!” Heung Soo called out. No..no…this isn’t happening. Not Heung Soo…not his legs…his dreams….No! This can’t be happening. My mind is clouded with fear. Turn around! I ordered myself but legs betray me. I run, with all my heart, leaving the darkness of night, away from Heung Soo and most importantly away the guiltiness that slowly biting me.

***

“How’s my dongseng’s condition, doc ?” Park So Hee asked, looking at the doctor, her hands clutched together.

The doctor sighed heavily. “ The x-ray showed that he broke his knee. It’s pretty bad. For the meantime he shouldn’t do anything strenuous. It might be worse”

“I can still play soccer, right?” Heung Soo asked slowly. He hides his trembling hands under the blankets.

The siblings are hoping for good news. Heung Soo wouldn’t mind if he missed the chance to go to Seoul. He can always try another time. His coach always praised him for his talent. But this time, his heart is telling there will be no other time for him. It scares him. His question is left unanswered. Heung Soo started to feel impatient. The silence kills him.

“Doctor?” Park So Hee called out. She moves closer to her only dongseng and rested her hand on his uninjured shoulder.

Sighing again, the doctor finally says “I think you have to give up on soccer. Sorry” After throwing a sympathy look at the teenager, the doctor quietly leaves the room.

“Leave” Heung Soo barely find his voice; too shocked with the recent news. Unexplainable pain creeps over his heart. It’s unbearable. He needs air…he feels as if the walls are closing on him.

“H-heung soo-ah…” Park So hee is at lost. The news is too cruel. How can he survive after tonight? His only dream is taken away from him by the most important person in his life, by his own best friend!

“I said leave me alone!!” Heung Soo shouted as he closed his eyes.

His noona was taken aback. “Arasso. Call me if you need anything” So Hee gives up. Even if she insists to stay by his side, she still can’t mend his broken heart.

Heung soo opened his eyes again as his noona closed the door. Staring blankly outside the window, single tear dropped from his eyes. Where are you Nam Soon-ah?

***

Fighting back his fear and guilty, he walked to the hospital. Go Nam Soon is at lost- Should I go or should I not go ?  His steps are random and uncoordinated. He looked to the right, to the left, all he could see are nurses and patient. ‘Heung Soo-ah….should I run ?’

A quick glance upward make Nam Soon froze. Their eyes met and anger is written all over Heung Soo’s face. Those bloodshot eyes are glaring at Nam Soon, piercing straight into his heart. Nam soon blinks a few times. ‘Heung soo..i am scared…’

Taking a deep breathe, Nam soon gulped down his fear. With heavy heart, he makes a way to Heung Soo’s ward. It’s hard. He stands in front of the door, with his hand on the knob. He wants to enter badly but he’s too scared to faced Heung Soo. ‘What if he can’t forgive me? What if he hates me?’

‘It’s all or nothing!’ It took a while for Nam Soon to brace himself and push the door open. Slowly, he approached the injured teenager. His eyes fall on the cast wrapped over Heung Soo’s knee. ‘I did that’ Nam soon thought to himself. ‘Pabo!’ he scolded himself.

Heung Soo’s POV

He’s here! He’s finally here. I thought excitedly. True I am angry, hell! I am beyond angry. But he’s here. My Nam Soon is here. All that I wanted is him. I might have lost soccer but I still have him. That would be enough. I pretend to look away but after a while, Nam soon is still not speaking. Not a word ; not even a simple sorry. What the hell, saekkiya ?! Say something!!

Bored of waiting, I turned and looked at him. Everything about him is messy. His eyes are red. He’s looking at…..I followed his gaze and it landed on my knee. !

“Nam….” I have to say something. Nam soon may be known as Tsunami…the best fighter and most feared jjang but deep inside, he is more fragile than anyone I know. But before I could say something, he finally speaks up. “ H-heung soo-ah…sorry…I..I didn’t m-mean it…seriously..sorry..your knee..c-can you still play soccer ? Tell me that you still can Heung Soo-ah”

What should I say? I can’t play soccer anymore but if I tell him that…he won’t stop feeling guilty. AIsh!

I looked away once again. Hoping he would understands it.

“ M-mianhe…all of this wouldn’t have happen if you didn’t joined the gang. I shouldn’t have play around with you. Mianhe…” he cries. I bite my lips. What the hell is he saying?! Was it out of guilty or what? I shouldn’t have play around with you?!!! I repeat it in my mind. All our memories and good times together…all that..it meant nothing to you, Nam soon-ah? Do you think I was a burden and your play thing ? For the second time, I can feel my heart breaking. I thought I had Nam Soon but I was wrong.

“Yes..I was a fool to follow you around! If not because of you and your stupid gang rules, I would have been busy packing to go to Seoul ! “ I shouted at him. “Are you satisfied now?! For ruining my life. Do you plan this from the beginning ? To eventually destroy me and throw me away” I can’t stop. What am I doing? This isn’t what I planning to say…

“H-heung soo-ah…”

“Don’t call my name with your filthy mouth! Heck! I don’t want to see you ever again. You are dead to me Go Nam Soon! You are nothing but a  piece of , you son of a b*tch” Stop Park Heung Soo!! I scolded myself. I breathe heavily at my last sentence. His eyes are red. He is shaking…badly. What the hell I just said?!

With a final sorry, Nam Soon stormed out of the room, leaving me all alone. I knocked my head “stupid mouth!” I stare at the door. Nam Soon-ah~

***

Nam Soon POV

I close the door with a loud thud. I take off the jacket and angrily tossed it on the floor. My eyes are flooded with tears. “Don’t call my name with your filthy mouth! Heck! I don’t want to see you ever again. You are dead to me Go Nam Soon! You are nothing but a  piece of , you son of a b*tch” It still fresh in my mind ; every single word. I clutched my heart. One mistake and Heung Soo hates me forever. I enter the bathroom and let the shower run free. The cold water covered every part of my body “Mianhe Heung Soo-ah “ I whispered sofltly. 

p/s : I am deeply sorry for all the mistakes. So, how was it ?