Chapter 1

Yesterday's Episode
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

The chill winter night slap onto his skin as his thick jacket was worn out with some torn up and little punctured of holes. He has been forgetting when was he shopped clothes for himself. Towards the future, over the economically and finance demand, he needs to work hard even more that he could. Over the price rate for the groceries, the bills and rent maintenance which all he has to pay each month also his tuition fee for each semester along more money needed for a piece of degree certificate that he has been struggling for years.

It’s his last year, last semester to precise being in a student life before he stepped into a whole new world of life outside.

Jung  Yunho – his name.

Yunho turned to right side of the road, where an old building of his small apartment was located. He climbed up the stairs to the 5th floor – the highest. There, he found someone at his doorstep, sitting, hugging his knees in the harsh cold weather due to snowing all day long.

“Jaejoongie?” He greeted as to wake up the man who was in deep slumber, shivering in his sleep.

Kim Jaejoong – his best friend.

Jaejoong woke up from his sleep and abruptly stand up, matching the height of a tall Yunho, though he was lacking a few centimeters shorter.

“Hey, Yunho!” Jaejoong greeted back with his toothily smile. He rubbed his eyes and racked his messy hair with his own fingers. Jaejoong even coughed a few times before he spoke again. “You are late tonight! Extra shift?”

“Yeah. I need money to buy a few of reference books needed for the upcoming research. Quite expensive for price, though.” said Yunho while unlocking the door, motioning Jaejoong to come inside with him.

“How much? Maybe I could lend you some money?” Jaejoong offered his help. He walked passed through the living room straight into the kitchen, preparing a hot chocolate for the two of them.

“There is no need Jae, I’ll try asking my boss for an advance pay,” replied Yunho confidently. He settled down on a couch and rested his head comfortably. It was late at night actually and he just reached home after a long night shift.

Later, he has to wake up early for morning delivery.

“Yunho, are you aware that we’re facing world economical problem, now?” Jaejoong asked while brought along a tray with two glasses of hot chocolate with him. He shoved one to Yunho.

“Ah… I forgot about that…” said Yunho after he sipped his drink, refreshing the exhaustion depressed. “I’ll walk around this town searching for another job if I have to. Money is something that we can find over our hard work,” clarified Yunho while he closed his eyes.

In a matter of time, Yunho finally fall asleep.

Jaejoong brought back the glasses to the sink to wash and arranged back on the rack. Later, he walked into a small bedroom and took out a thick blanket and covered Yunho from the coldness. An alarm clock on the table next to couch was set to turn off at 5.00 am. Yunho has to go for his morning delivery at 5.30 am. 30 minutes to get ready before he started another new day.

One last gaze for a dead log Yunho and Jaejoong finally left Yunho’s small apartment. He locked the door behind and walked out from the low-cost residential area. He continued walking while hugging his body to feel the warmness.

Jaejoong entered a building and later welcomed by an old lady. He took off his shoes and put it nicely on the shoe racks with hundred pairs of shoes there, arranged.

“Go sleep now Jaejoongie. The kids will wake up too if they found you’re not sleeping yet,” The old lady ushered Jaejoong to his room.

“Yes, Umma…”

After washed up, Jaejoong settled himself on the bed, thinking, mostly about his life.

Yunho. Jaejoong vaguely knew about Yunho’s background. Even so, they’re still friends until now. They once met at the convenience store where Yunho was on shift that night while him going to buy an instant noodle for midnight snack which in the end forgot to bring along his money. Yunho offered to pay for him and on the next meeting, Jaejoong paid back how much he owed.

Since then they were best friend.

A close friendship bloom a feeling on Jaejoong’s side. Lee Haeri’s presence as Yunho’s girlfriend has shaken all his fantasies to be with Yunho – to be more than a friend. Jaejoong was doing well hidden all those feelings but he can’t helped to show he cares about Yunho. Even he has to sacrifice something, his happiness, his everything; he’ll eventually run to Yunho.

His heart told so.

His Umma. Unlike Yunho who shared nothing about his family, Jaejoong was opened up to share his story, about his Umma. At the very young age, he has lost his Appa which put a toll change on his Umma. He was left behind all alone in front of the gate – the same gate he entered just now. Here, he met a lady which volunteered more warmth and shelter for him; like an Umma for him.

He wasn’t alone here. He has an Umma, some old ahjumma and hundred kids to play with and to cheer him when he’s down. Though it was crowded in here, at least he wasn’t alone. It was an old orphanage buiding where he stayed over years, where he cried all night and waking up each day with a new determination.

Something that he will never trade with anything for this miracle of happiness to happen though his biological Umma never claimed him ever since.

He started a new here.

The night was getting late and Jaejoong closed his eyes. He has to help the old ahjumma for preparing breakfast in the morning.

“Good night, Yunho…”

 

 

Yunho woke up when the alarm was off. He took a quick shower and get ready for a new day, today. He put in a few reference books inside his bag with a file of his assignments. A glance at his watch, he knew he’ll be late if he still at home.

5 minutes to 5.30am, he dashed out from his neighborhood after making sure he has turned off all the electricity usage and locked the door behind. Reaching a moderate size of factory, Yunho entered the building and later walked out with a box of newspapers and bottles of milk.

He started his delivery at a luxurious neighborhood and half an hour later he finished with his morning delivery. He walked back to the factory to return back the empty box for next morning’s delivery. He received his pay and jogged hurriedly to his college.

Morning lecture is about to start.

Between one lecture to another, there was an hour gap and Yunho took the leisure time for a late breakfast. He queued for food and chose a table secluded from the crowded to savor his meal. And later, she came.

Lee Haeri – his girlfriend.

“Hi, Yunho oppa...” greeted Haeri. She shamelessly took a bite from Yunho’s sandwich and sat next to Yunho, leaning close to the latter.

“Where have you been? I barely see you around campus, now,” said Yunho. Yunho and Haeri were both in different course. While Yunho was busy in library for some researches regarding business and economical issue, Haeri on the other hand was busy practical outside the campus area. A flight-attendant, that’s what she dreamt to be.

“I have some practical at Gimpo for a few weeks, but now I’m here!” She said, enthusiastically.

The couple was talking about some random

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter