Chapter 4

To A Complete Stranger

               “Donghae, we need to talk.”

                Donghae drops his head hardly to the kitchen counter, trying to erase the memories off from his brain but unfortunately like a permanent spell, he just can’t.

                “Donghae?” the old beautiful woman looks at her son with full of worry seeing almost no life in his aura. “Is something wrong, Son?”

                This is wrong.

                And his eyes go wide, with a top speed release all the warmness that covers his body and Hyukjae’s. Releasing their hug, making the innocent still looks face grows confused.

                “Donghae?”

                “I am so sorry Hyukjae.” The brownish hair man hugs Hyuk tightly, tidy up the messy looks of the latter before pats his big hands on the blond head and cups the pale face keeping his distance. “This isn’t supposed to happen, I am bad for taking advantages of you. I am sorry.”

                “What taking advantages? I don’t understand, I want it too!”

                “You’re going to get married next week, right?”

                And like a hard rock, realization attack Hyukjae before he drops his head and hugging himself tightly—trying to hide the glossy eyes.

                “I am sorry too, Donghae.”

                The ride to Hyukjae’s house was a complete silence, the two were focusing in their own minds. They didn’t mind the awkward and tense air either, it felt better that way than trying to make impossible conversation after what happened before.

                And after they have arrived, Hyukjae still trying to smile eventhough it looks really full of sadness and pitifully says for the last time of their meeting—somehow he was sure of it already.

                “Thank you very much for today Donghae.”  He makes sure to see the intense glare of Donghae only for him to see for the last time, he was going to miss those orbs anyway. “Despite everything, I love this date and don’t regret anything. Thanks a lot for granting my last wish before the marriage and—you can come to my engaged party too, Heechul hyung said it will be held in my house the first day of next week at 10 am.”

                 His words are shaking, he’s trying to hold his tears and Donghae hates how he can do nothing about it.

     Don’t cry please, I can’t wipe it out for you right now. Not when this lust still that overwhelming in my body.

                “I love you.” It is a mere mumble but somehow Donghae can still hear it very clearly, and along with that Hyukjae abruptly run inside his house. That desire to look back is still so big but he knows once he did that he’ll never be able to turn back and will ask Donghae to take him away instead.

                And the brownish hair can’t help but letting the confession  echoing in his head like a spell.

                “Donghae?!”

                It has been a week, and today is his engagement party should take a part in his house. It’s still 7 am though, I remember he said 10 am.

                That woman frowns while trying to shake the life out of her son.

                Why can’t I forget about him and his confession? It’s getting annoying.

                “DONGHAE?!”

                “…Huh?”

                “Is something wrong?” she puts her right hand on Donghae’s forehead, “Are you sick?”

                “Uh?” the latter tries to put much more concentration on his mother question before smiles and puts her hand aside. “I am okay Mom, just some problems at works.”

                He’s lying, though.

                “But I need to talk to you right now, and it’s important.” The woman pouts cutely, really different with her gap of age right now.

                “Sure.” Donghae still trying to concentrate much at his mother’s talk.

                “Well, you already heard about the rumor that you’ll take away the company along with Donghwa, right?”

                “Yes?”

                “It’s true, Son.” The little wrinkles around her eyes when she smiles show how proud she is right now with Donghae. “That was Dad’s last wish before he died, and I pity you because you seem like entertainment world more so I give you some times to enjoy it before the real thing comes.”

                “Are you serious, Mom?”

                “You are 24 already, Donghae. It’s time for you to stop playing around.”

                Donghae seems to think a little bit after that. Sure he does mind to leave the entertainment industry which brings out his name and high career like right now, he’s at the top and doesn’t plan to stop.

                But in the other hand, it was his dad last wish before the death take over and who is he to say no. Donghae really loves his dad, if there is his last wish that hasn’t come true before the said sad memories is to make his father happy.

                He’ll do anything.

                 “Sure, why not.”

                “Oh my God I am so happy!” the uncontrolled tears start to come out from his mother’s eyes. “Thank you Donghae, thank you very much.”

                The man smiles and hugs his mother tightly after goes to her side of the table since they were facing each other before. “No Mom, thank you.”

                “Oh! And one more thing!” the sudden excitement of his mother makes Donghae release his hug and looks at his mother curiously. “I have a surprise for you! It’s a gift for accepting the new reqruitment of your position in Double D Corporation!”

                “And what is it?”

                “You have to go with me at 10 am this morning to see the gift and IT’S A MUST!”

                10 am this morning?

                And suddenly Donghae’s brain starts to replay the supposed to be forgotten scenes that he is trying to forget in the back of his mind.

                “Be-because *sobs* y-you don’t want *sobs* i-it a-and I feel *sobs* like a fool.”

                Those crystal clear tears that I never want to see.

                “H-Hyukkie is a fan of Hae.”

                The shy blush which is so cute, his every side which scream cute yet beautiful.

                “You look so handsome there.”

                “Yeaayyyy!! Hae is so smart!”

                “N-no.. I *sobs* like *sobs* it.”

                “SOOOO CUUUTE! LOOK AT THAT, HAE! THE VIEW IS SO AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL!”

                Those plump lips and innocent side of him that I don’t want the others to see.

                “I don’t want this day to—to end. Is that wrong?”

                I don’t want that day to end either. And I hate how I just realize that now.

                “I love you.”

                I love you.

                I love you, Hyukkie.

                And right at that second, Donghae knows the answer to all of his question and the right decision to his problems.

                “I am sorry, Mom. But I think I can’t go to see my surprise at 10 am this morning.”

                And that is the last words of Donghae before he bursts out of the room with hurry.

                “But Donghae!!!!” the old woman tries to chase her youngest son but due to the , she can’t. “You’ll love the surprise because I finally found a perfect partner for you….”

                *