Episode 2 > T.O.P - Spaceship

Journals Of Seoul

Hello Viewers, here we are for the newest episode of Journals of Seoul. Today we are going to see behind T.O.P's hit, a different love song. T.O.P's "Spaceship" featuring no other than G-Dragon. Shall we start?

 

- SpaceShip starts

 

You said “I come in peace” so I took you home
I gave you food and I gave you clothes
I taught you how to move your feet when the rhythm's on
Still you wanna leave ‘cause you feel alone

 

He substitutes a girl for an alien in this song. It’s likely she’s someone not as wealthy as him, but he’s falling for her nonetheless. He provides her with shelter, food and teaches her the finer things in life, like dancing. However she still feels like she doesn’t belong because she’s from “another world” perse, her lifestyle isn’t anything like his.

 

 

[BRIDGE]
You don’t know what they’re like
If they know that you’re alive
They’re gonna try to take away the secrets of your planet's life
I know you must be upset, you lost your family in a wreck
But you gotta listen

 

In the beginning of the song, you can hear reporters and interviewers talking about the crash of the spaceship. They also say they don’t know if there are any survivors so, obviously, they don’t know about T.O.P’s alien girl. In this bridge he’s telling the girl about the media and about how cruel they can be, they spill secrets all over tabloids and make you feel like crap. Top’s been through it all. But, he’s trying to protect the girl. He doesn’t want her to end up like him. He’s trying to make her listen to him.

 

[CHORUS]
Don’t try to find your spaceship
It might be out there waiting
Stay in my backpack forever
Stay in my backpack forever

(A girl's voice (presumely Bom Park from 2NE1) :
You know I gotta find my spaceship, my planet’s outside there waiting, I can’t stay in your backpack forever

 

Choi pleads with his alien friend to not find her spaceship and return back to her home planet. He wants to keep her in his backpack forever, as if she was his toy. The girl understands Tabi’s sentiment, but knows that she has to return home at some point — she can’t live in T.O.P’s backpack. (OMG who wouldn't want to?) 

 

Before you came around I was in a rut
Didn’t have a friend, didn’t know what it was
You taught how to dream and how to love
You’re my best friend please listen to me

 

Until this weird alien girl showed up, Tabi didn’t know what friendship was. Recently, Tabi’s manager said in an interview that it’s hard for Top to trust people and to make real friends. Guess this line is no lie, then.

 

[BRIDGE AND CHORUS] 

 

[G-DRAGON]
Greetings, I fell from the sky
I’m from a different world I use G-Dragon as a disguise
And my flying saucer crashed, I’m the only one that survived
I’ve only taking over this planet since I arrived
I’m in a backpack, I’m ducking Men in Black
Yeah, I’m an alien, my swag is outta this world
Different galaxy, they try to capture me
When I die they gonna name this planet after me
GD’s world

 

GD salutes y'all as he comes from another planet to our planet, Earth!. Jiyong has a occasionaly made a reference to being a different species throughout his career, alluding to how he’s one-of-a-kind. Alluding more to the previous mention. Losing everyone in his alien race or family would make him (the survivor) even more one-of-a-kind.He is a little strange, isn’t he?


-Audience cheers

 

Stumbling upon Earth was an accident, as mentioned previously. However, no that he’s here he mines well conquer it. Possibly a metaphor for how he’s taken over the rap game upon his entrance. GD is not known to rock a backpack occasionally though. The Men-In-Black hunt aliens, but only bad ones though. G-Dragon must be doing dirt. He’s claiming that people are trying to mimic his style, but it’s so abstract the jockers are unable to hone in and copy it. But he’s too smooth, they can only stare in amazement. Stare into GD's world. 


[CHORUS] 

 

On our planet we don't kill one another
We don't take love for granted
It's a gift from the mother
In your planet, you are filled with greed and false belief
We came here to bring you peace

 


TOP and GD consider themselves to be both aliens (different from the norm). The planet is symbolically their own being. We are all are own little planets. Mothers tend to show love to their children and the nature of affection grows on them. He’s also playing on how beings refer to their plant as “Mother” (ie. Mother Earth). The last furthers the concept and belief that aliens, if they ever came, would take over the world violently. A common cliche in media is extraterrestrials saying “we come in peace”. However, they come to save you from your ills and really bring tranquility rather than destroying your society.

 

That's it for today's episode. Don't forget to rate the song and tell us who do you think it's TOP's misterious alien girl. See you next time for CL's new solo song. Stay tuned. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy New Year Guys !!  ^_^ I got an idea of maybe writing the fanfic differently like adding bonus chapters, not about more music but on what's happening, how they come up with these songs what do you guys think? ^_^ Kamsa for reading !!!! <333