Episode 1 > G-DRAGON- One Life

Journals Of Seoul

Hello and welcome to the Journal's Of Seoul. Where we analise the newest songs of kpopers. 
Today since it's almost the last day of 2013, we'll be talking about G-Dragon's new song "One Life", it's a very sweet song, and we want to warm your hearts. 


-One Life- Plays on the background-


It's a love song, let's figure out who is this song about, although we all might be thinking of same person. GD's current ex-girlfriend, 2NE1's Leader CL. I recall you that G-Dragon released the song on this year's gayo daejun a day before revealing who was he dating and broked up recently.

 

I know that you afraid, babe
But you don't need to be saved, babe
You just need someone who understands
And I think I need the same, babe

 

Let's start. Well in this intro, G-Dragon is talking to his special someone,  this presumably means that CL  is scared to enter back into their once perfect relationship. G-Dragon is trying to say that everything’s gonna be alright, but Chaerin isn’t so convinced yet. The rest of the song explains why she doesn’t need to be afraid. Usually love songs talk about how the boy is going to save his princess, but Jiyong knows she is strong enough. She doesn’t need to be saved, she just needs someone who understands her problems and cares about her. 

 

Show me where you at, let's keep it honest
Home is where you at and that's a promise
Open up and never keep it from us
Nothing left between us, baby, nothing

 

“Show me where you at” means he just wants to know where she stands and what her feelings are. He can’t stay alone for much longer, he needs her. Jiyong doesn’t care where he is, as long as he is with her he will feel comfortable and at home. From now on, there will be no secrets in their relationship. GD wants Chaerin to know that even if they’ve hit some obstacles, they’ll be okay one day. Right now, there’s nothing left between them and he just wants it all to be normal between them again. How crazy in love is our G-Dragon? 

 

-Audience cheers

 

Reaaaally in love. Alright let's move on the next part of the verse. 

 

Tell me what you want, let's keep it gangsta
Tell me who created you, I'd thank her
Open up and never keep it from us
Nothing left between us, baby

 

By "keep it gangsta" G-Dragon means he wants to be GD and Jiyong at the same time with Chaerin. Those 2 sides of him belong to her, he wants to keep his gangsta, playboy side - GD - with her. He want to show her all of him belongs to her. He loves her so much that he will thank her parents for having her. Chaerin is very close with her family, and Jiyong is close with his — so giving respect and gratitude is key for both of them. Again, Jiyong’s broken and probably won’t be able to handle the depression much longer. He wants their problems to be resolved, and he’s willing to open up and put everything on the table if that’s what it takes.

 

[BRIDGE]
Hopefully you'll give me a chance
All I want is love and romance
I wanna give it all, give it all to you

 

G-Dragon is STILL not giving up on getting his girl back. She’s all that matters to him, and he’s hoping that she will remember their love  because he’s not all bad.

 

[CHORUS]
I wanna dream what you dream
Go where you're going
I only have one life
And I only wanna live it with you
I wanna sleep where you sleep
Connect with your soul
The only thing I want in life
I only wanna live it with you
Oh yeah, oh yeah
I only wanna live it with you
Only wanna live it with you

 

GD wants to be at one with his girl. He’s trying to do everything with her and have common goals to thrive together. As he did for over 2 years in their relationship, Jiyong wants Chaerin to feel comfortable in his arms once again, and he wants to keep her comfortable for the rest of his life. Sad but sweet. He wants to connect again. Sometimes you have to wonder whether this is REALLY what GD wants? He seems to be they type of man to change a lot his mind.  Also, is it really good for the king of kpop to be tied down to one girl only? 

 

Tell me what you want, I can't believe it
I know that if we make it there's a reason
Sometimes the sun shines, baby
Sometimes it ain't breezy
I hope that maybe this time it may be different
I told you I'mma make it, I commit it
Yeah, you took your shot and didn't miss it
Ain't nothing more attractive than a mission

 

Chaerin’s being really closed off and not expressing her feelings the way Jiyong wants her to. At this point, he’s just begging for her to open up and be his girl again. Jiyong is also a firm believer of fate, so if this ends up working out it’s because they are supposed to be together. Jiyong’s been telling her that he can be real and be the kind of boyfriend she needs. He’s hoping to take this second chance to prove that he isn’t all bad. The way Chaerin is becoming ambitious to have their relationship back is extremely attractive to Jiyong, and he’s so ready for them to spark again. This time around, G-Dragon will make her more happy than he ever did and he wants her to understand that there will be no more mistakes


[CHORUS AND BRIDGE] 

If I came to your crib would you open the door?
I don't wanna go down that road no more
Said you wanted it bad, but girl I wanted it more
You're the only one I wanna be with, yeah

 

Jiyong has a habit of showing up uninvited, especially when it comes down to winning over Chaerin post-breakup. He knows pretty well that even though she’s forgetting him and their relashionship, she has said time and time again that she still isn’t over the breakup. So he’s convinced that he’ll break her down at some point just by rolling through to her house — which apparently will soon be in the neighborhood rather than almost off Seoul. Plain and simple, Jiyong is willing to change all of his recent ways to change into the person Chaerin wants. He wants to be good for her. He wants her so bad that she is the only one he’s thinking about. He would do everything to be with her again. 


[CHORUS AGAIN] 

That's it for today's episode. Woah, who would knew G-Dragon was so inlove and so hurt at the same time. Well, why don't you rate this song of him? From a scale of 1 to 10 and tell us your opinion about what Chaerin should do. Stay tuned for the next episode, it will be about BIGBANG's Rapper T.O.P and his secret love. Till next time. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Guyssss~ 1st chapter is out. OMG asdfghjkl Can't believe I wrote so much. Ok, tell me what you thought about it, rate the song or not, tell me if you want Chaerin to go back to Jiyong, suggest songs. Whatever you want. Kamsa for reading ^_^