encounter 08

drop the shades and crank the bass

Tippy toeing inside the cabin CL noticed that all the lights were off, which was a good sign. That meant the girls were asleep, and if they were asleep that meant she wouldn't have to explain where she was all this time. CL took a step forward, making the floor creak.

"You think we wouldn't wait up did you? Bwahahahaha," Bom's creepy laugh echoed throughout the cabin causing CL to turn pale. Dara suddenly flicked on the lights. All three of them were staring at CL like she was some criminal.

"Where the hell were you?" Minzy asked. Quick, CL. Think of something, her brain told her. "I went hiking. By myself," CL replied calmly. Damn I hope they can't smell Kris on me. The girls looked at her blankly. "What? You don't believe me?" CL laughed.

"I borrowed some equipment from the rental store." Still, the girls looked at her suspiciously. "I have an alibi -- just ask the rental store owner," CL said. "You're not bluffing are ya?" asked Bom.

"Really I just felt like being spontaneous.And you know I don't like associating with the enemy. I had to get away," CL added. "Well that part makes sense," Minzy nodded. Bom and Dara also nodded in agreement.

"Gosh! Just don't do that ever again. You were basically gone the whole day!" exclaimed Dara. CL laughed, "Well I can't promise I won't do anything spontaneous again." CL smirked a little as she recalled her rendezvous earlier today.


"Today has got to be the best day of my life," Chanyeol sighed contently as he plopped down on the couch next to Kris. "You and me both buddy," Kris grinned. "What do you mean?" Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows.

"Oh nothing," Kris pretended to yawn and then stretched his long arms. "Anyways can you believe Sandara asked me to teach her how to play guitar? Waa," Chanyeol beamed, clapping all by himself. "You did good," he said and patted his own back. Kris rolled his eyes.

Kyungsoo came out of the kitchen and took a seat opposite of Kris and Chanyeol. "I was thinking," Kyungsoo cleared his throat in order to get the attention of the boys. "Maybe we should go bowling with the girls tomorrow. You know, make it like a group date or something," Kyungsoo finished off as he rubbed his neck. "Who's in?" he asked.

"Me!" Chanyeol voice cracked as he stood up on his feet. "Another opportunity to see Minzy?" Kai's ears perked up. He quickly ran into the living room. "I will give up left my arm just to see Minzy again." "Kai, that won't be necessary," Kyungsoo laughed, "Kris?" Kris, who pretended to be disinterested the while time, glanced at them with his face. "Eh whatever," he said but on the inside he was overjoyed.

"Uh-huh. Oh, I see. I think that's a wonderful idea, Kyungsoo! I think the girls would love to go. Yes...yes, we'll be ready by then," Bom spoke through the phone, trying to hide her excitement. She didn't want to appear desperate. After she hung up, she sprinted to each of the rooms and banged on the doors. "Girls! Get ready for an outing with the four hotties. We're going bowling!" Bom squealed.

Minzy jumped out of her bed almost immediately to get ready. Ever since Kai came into her life, she's been paying extra attention to the way she dresses and the way she does her makeup. Minzy usually enjoyed wearing caps and loose tees, but lately she wanted to dress more womanly, more feminine.

When Dara heard the news, she began working on her hair, wondering which hairstyle she should try today. Meanwhile, CL acted like she didn't hear but jumped into the shower anyway.


"I say we split into teams of two. I call dibs on Minzy!" Kai exclaimed happily as he pulled her to his side, their fingers intertwined. Everyone raised their eyebrows at their blatant display of skinship. "Are they dating?" Kyungsoo muttered in Bom's ear.

"Looks like we need to have a talk with the maknaes," Bom replied. "Yes, but later. Let's not ruin it for them," Kyungsoo chuckled under his breath. He turned to look at the rest. "I guess I'll be paired with Bom," he said slyly as he scooted closer to Bom.

"That leaves Dara and Chanyeol and Kris and CL in one team," Kai stated. "Says who? What if I want to be in Chanyeol's team?" CL crossed her arms. Her little comment caused Chanyeol to start choking on the air.

"But Chanyeol hyung obviously wants to be with Dara," Kai retorted. Chanyeol's face turned deep red. "Is it true, Chanyeol? Do you want to be in my team? I'm not that good at bowling," Dara unintentionally pouted. Chanyeol cleared his throat, "But I'm really good at bowling.

"I can guide you." Dara smiled from ear to ear. "Okay," she agreed happily making Chanyeol swoon. "Okay so the teams are settled," Kai said and then turned to look at Kris. "I am so sorry hyung," Kai mouthed.

CL noticed this and lowered her eyes at Kai causing him to run and hide behind Minzy. "Whatever," CL rolled her eyes and plopped down in a seat like a Queen while the rest went to go change into bowling shoes. Kris plopped down beside CL, making sure to be discreet.

"Great acting back there," Kris chuckled, "I know you were thrilled about being paired with me." CL turned to look at him seriously. "But I wanted to be in Chanyeol's team. He can bowl. Can you?" CL blinked. Kris scoffed.

"Of course I can bowl…Wait are you serious about this bowling thing?" he asked. CL noticed how his perfect eyebrows creased together. y. CL began chuckling, "Of course not. I came because I wanted to see you." She batted her eyelashes at Kris causing his heart to pound against his chest.

"I came only to see you too," Kris said hoarsely. "What are we gonna do?" CL said seductively as she scooted closer to Kris and caressed his face with her soft hands. Kris shivered in pleasure. "What are we gonna do?" CL repeated, her voice becoming huskier.

"l want you. Right now." Her breath was hot against his ear. "R-right now?" Kris gulped, "I thought you didn't want the others to find out." "They don't have to find out. Is 15 minutes enough?" CL asked sultry and sat on his lap. "That's plenty of time," Kris smirked. He grabbed her hand and dragged her to the men's restroom.


"Urgh where the heck did they go?" Kai groaned unpleasantly. "This is supposed to be a bowling competition," he stated, obviously annoyed. "Yah, you're just afraid that you'll be the last team not that they're gone," Kyungsoo said causing the rest to laugh except Minzy and Kai.

"Yah! Just you wait. We're so gonna kick your ," Kai huffed. "You're on," Kyungsoo said darkly -- giving off an intense gaze. Deadly glares were exchanged between all of the teams. The game was on with or without Kris and CL.

Overall the game was a success; it mainly a win for the 'couples.' Chanyeol ended up touching Dara's hand when he helped her with the bowling ball. Kyungsoo and Bom hugged at one point, and under their watchful gazes they could have sworn they saw the maknaes trying to kiss each other. At the end it didn't matter who won. What mattered was enjoying each other's company.

When they finishing playing, they sat down to chow down on pizza and Coke. That's when they noticed something. "Unnie where's CL?" Minji questioned, "You don't think she went back to the cabin do you?" "Oh my! I didn't realize she was gone all this time. This girl!" Bom exclaimed.

CL suddenly appeared out of nowhere with a Coke can in her hand. "Girls. Girls. All is good. I am here," she smirked. "Yah where the hell have you been?" Bom barked. "Why I was right here. Watching," CL lied, "I guess you were having too fun to notice."

"Sure," Bom snorted and just dismissed it. "Have you seen Kris by any chance?" Kyungsoo asked munching on his pizza. "No!" CL quickly answered. "Why the hell would I know where that idiot went," she mumbled under her breath.

Kris suddenly stepped into the scene making everyone's heads turn. A huge smile was plastered on his face. "Hey guys," he greeted joyfully. Kai frowned -- finding it awfully suspicious that Kris was being so jolly. "Did something good happen? What's with that creepy smile hyung?" Kai asked.

Kris smirked and looked over at CL who refused to look at him. "Never mind that. Kris, grab some pizza before it's gone," Kyungsoo offered sliding the box toward him. Kris cockily raised an eyebrow and helped himself.

Walking back to their respective cabins was...interesting to say the least. Kyungsoo and Bom led the pack with Chanyeol and Dara lingering close to them actually talking to one another. CL and Kris were walking in synch but refused to look at each other.

Although, CL's subtle smiles gave away that she was happy about something. There was indeed something to be happy about -- just thinking about it made CL's adrenaline rush. Staying a good distance away from the rest, Kai and Minzy were shyly touching fingertips.

Minzy had a huge grin on her face enjoying how her gaze made Kai blush madly. "Oppa," she addressed him sweetly. "Y-yes Minji?" Kai stuttered and turned to look at her. His heart almost stopped. She was so beautiful. "Do you have something to say to me?" Minji's eyes fluttered.

Kai awkwardly rubbed his neck. He felt his skin flush and his ears get warm. Additionally, his palms started to sweat. "Ahh I don't know how to do this!" Kai cutely covered his face and giggled.

"Oppa! You weren't so shy when you kissed my lips!" Minzy retorted. Kai hid his face behind his face as he uttered, "That was just a peck, Minji. I want to kiss you for real." This time it was Minji's turn to blush but she kept her cool.

"Then do it oppa." Kai suddenly seized her hand making her gasp. "Minji, before I do that...there is something I've been meaning to ask you," Kai said. His hands trembled and his throat grew dry. He didn't know why he was so nervous. He's asked out so many girls before in the past but why was it so hard right now?

Minzy fixated her eyes on Kai's waiting to hear those words she had longed for ever since she fell hard for this silly tanned boy in front of her. "Minji, pleasebemygirlfriend!" Kai said on one breath.

He was afraid to look at her. A part of him thought she would say no, but then Minzy started giggling. "What took you so long to ask? Of course I'll be your girlfriend oppa. I like you," Minji confessed.

(just imagine it's them ok? lol)

Kai immediately broke out into a huge smile causing Minji to mirror his expression. Slowly, they both inched their faces closer feeling each other's warm breaths. Minji wrapped her arms around Kai's and giggled, "Are you going to kiss me now?" Kai smirked and went in for the kiss.

Minji parted her lips letting Kai invade . They were so lost in their heated kiss that they failed to realize that they had an audience watching.

"Minji-ya!"