Drunk Confession [One-Shot]

Drunk Confession [One-Shot]

It’s two in the morning right now and I’m still sitting here, in front of my computer, scrolling on my Tumblr to see beautiful photos of my idols. I have been yawning countless times but I still don’t want to end my day (or should I say night) so fast. Although it’s already Sunday, my feeling is that I’m still at Saturday night.

“Don’t sleep too late.” My mother nagged before going to sleep herself. I replied with a simple nod as I continued to save the high definition photos of my idols like a desperate stalker. Suddenly, my phone vibrated and I ignored it at the first time because I thought it was a message from my bored insomnia bestie. But it continued to vibrate, causing the table to vibrate along with it.

Feeling annoyed, I picked up the phone and saw it was Chanyeol calling. Wait a minute! Isn’t Chanyeol in the army right now? Why is he calling me at such timing? I looked up at the clock to double check the timing and picked up the call.

“Hello?” I answered timidly as I thought it was a ghost calling. After realizing that the background is slightly noisy and quieting down, I relaxed. “YAH! PARK CHANYEOL! Why did you call me at such timing?”

“Hello.” Chanyeol greeted with his slightly blurred voice. He sounds like he just woke up and had been forced to call.

“What’s the matter? I am quite busy right now. By the way, aren’t you supposed to be sleeping by now?” I lied as I continued to “Control + S” my beautiful photos.

“Are you going to sleep already?” He asked softly.

“Going to. Why?”

He cleared his throat and shushed the background people. “Actually it’s nothing. I am not drunk. But my buddies said I’m drunk. So they asked me to call you to confirm that I am not drunk.”

I face-palmed as I turned away from my computer screen. “So you are just calling to be lame? If that’s so, then good night and good bye.”

“WAIT WAIT!!” He panicked but went back into his drunken self. (I can confirm that he’s drunk from the way he talked) “Actually… We were drinking a little tonight because it’s our last night of being together. We are going to separate departments next Monday.”

I sighed and closed my eyes to rest. “Okay… So?”

“So I am NOT drunk! But they said I am.”

“Yes, you are. Go sleep, Drunk Chanyeol. Talk to me when you are more awake.” I wanted to end the call as fast as possible but he continued on arguing that he is not drunk. “So get to the main point. Why did you call?”

He hesitated for a while but still continued, “I repeat again, I am not drunk.” I rolled my eyes and waited for him to continue. “Actually there is this girl that I like. But since I’m a coward, I didn’t dare to confess to her.” Upon this strange confession, I began to listen to him attentively. “So just now when we were chatting about our relationship and stuff, my buddies decided to ask me to call her… So I did.”

At this point, I already have both of my eyes widened and mouth slightly hang open. Memories of Chanyeol suddenly flooded my mind and I unknowingly started blushing. “You know what? You are drunk. Go sleep, Chanyeol!” I touched my cheeks and they are heating up.

“NO! I am NOT drunk! How many times do I have to tell you that I am NOT drunk?!” Chanyeol raised his voice slightly.

Not losing to him, I raised mine too. “Just go sleep already! Talk to me tomorrow when you are more awake! Good bye!”

“HOLD ON! PLEASE!” I heard him yell and I put the phone back to my ear. “I just need someone to talk to. She rejected me.”

The moment I heard this, my heart feels like it had been thrown to the ground and stepped on. Although I am not anticipating being that girl, there was still a slight 5% of me wanting him to confess to me. I mean, who will call in the middle of the night just to tell you that he is not drunk and he just confessed to a girl?! I mentally slapped myself as I had the thoughts of Chanyeol confessing to me. Maybe I am just too desperate to be loved by someone. Maybe I’m just thinking too much.

“I’m sorry. I guess you have to go sleep already.” Chanyeol’s apology woke me up from my silence and I nodded even though he can’t see it. In fact, I am glad that he can’t see me at this state. “Good night. I’m sorry to disturb you at this timing.”

“Okay. Good night.” I looked down to the floor, feeling disappointed. When I pulled the phone away from my ear, I heard some mumbling but I hung up because of my disappointment.

“Weird…” I put down my phone and stared at my idols again. “Why am I anticipating that I am the girl?” I began to think of the times when we are having fun just before he went into the army. I sighed as I mentally slap myself again for being so desperate. I am no longer in the mood to the photos anymore and decided to head to bed. Just when I am about to switch off my computer, my phone vibrated again. This time, it’s a message from Chanyeol.

‘Sorry to bother you. It wasn’t my idea to call you. My buddies forced me to. I hope you didn’t hear anything unnecessary. Good night.’ – Chanyeol

I sighed and I replied.

‘Okay. By the way, you’re drunk. Go have a good night sleep. Good night.’ – Me

‘Good night, lovely.’ – Chanyeol

I widened my eyes at the text and another text came in.

‘It was my buddy. Sorry. Good night.’ – Chanyeol

I blinked a few times and sighed again. I have been sighing a lot because of him tonight. Maybe it’s time to end my night too. I lied on my bed and my phone vibrated again.

‘Hi, pretty. This is Chanyeol’s buddy. I’m sorry that we forced him to disturb you so late at night. But we can’t stand it anymore. He had been talking to us about you a lot when he is in the army and we forced him to confess to you. But I guess it didn’t go well. So have a good night.’ – Chanyeol

WAIT A MINUTE! SO I AM THAT GIRL?! But since when did I reject him? I didn’t have enough time to recognize what was going on when another message came in.

‘I like you. Please wait for me, will you? From Chanyeol’ - Chanyeol