Baby, it's mutual

One Way Love

"But mum! It's true that he isn't my boyfriend.. but do we really need to talk about this in front of a stranger?" Kiseop hinted at Minah sitting across the table.

"Don't be rude! She's my guest. Just continue." Kiseop's mum was annoyed.

"I do have someone in mind, but I can't bring him here as yet, because he doesn't know." Kiseop mumbled.

With that, Kiseop took Kevin's hand and stood up, getting ready to leave.

"Sorry, Minah. I apologise for my abruptness, but this dinner is too awkward to continue." Kiseop said before he left the restaurant with Kevin.

The car journey was filled with awkwardness too. Kevin sat on the passenger seat and looked out of the window the whole time. Tears which he had tried to hold back earlier came streaming down his face. Why Kiseop? Why did you have to give me hope and ruin it immediately after? If he doesn't stop crying now, Kiseop is gonna notice.

The car came to a halt. Kevin was surprised that they weren't at their dorm.

"Kiseop, where.. where.. are we?" Kevin asked, trying to sound normal.

"Baby, hush now." Kiseop reached out for Kevin's face and tried to dry his tears. "Come, let's get down the car."

Kiseop led the way, and Kevin who was still in a daze from all that crying, just followed.

"Look! We are here!!" Kiseop exclaimed.

Kevin looked up. Wow! the view was magnificent. The bright city lights were beautiful and wait.. the fences were filled with padlocks??!! Is this the Namsan Tower? The place where couples go to exchange their promises with each other?

But before Kevin could react, he felt someone hugged him from behind. It was Kiseop. He could recognise his scent.

Kiseop stretched out his hand revealing a pair of matching padlocks.

"Can you remember these padlocks?" Kiseop whispered into Kevin's ears.

"What.. what.. are you doing, Kiseop." Kevin kinda understood what was going on. Of course, he remembered. It was that pair of pretty padlocks that he saw at a shop a year ago. He was with Kiseop back then.

Kiseop seeing no response from Kevin, continued: " You were exclaiming how beautiful they were, but hastily walked out lamenting how you don't have a lover to use them."

"So you bought them?!" Kevin trying to contain his excitement, said. He knew where this was leading to.

"Yes!! You pabo~!!! Why were you crying just now?" Kiseop replied. "If it weren't for my mum's stubborness and the confirmation I witnessed in the car just now ~ I might not have mustered up the courage to do this right now." 

"What are you going to do?" Kevin cannot resist trying to act innocent despite his furiously pounding heart. 

"So tell me.. Can I be yours? Stay by your side? Forever?" Kiseop asked whilst tightening his hug with Kevin.