So near, yet so far

One Way Love

Kevin laid on his bed sniffing, cuddling himself. It must have been the weather that caused him to catch a cold. He'd better go to sleep now if he were to recover soon.

Shortly, Kevin heard the door open. That was probably Kiseop, his assigned roommate.

"Hey, Kevin. Why are you in bed so early? Are you sick?" Kiseop asked and reached out for Kevin's forehead.

"I'm not having a fever, just feeling very cold." Kevin muttered.

"Do you need a cuddle to keep you warm?" Kiseop chuckles and proceeded to squeeze onto Kevin's bed.

Kevin nodded slightly, not that Kiseop was waiting for his consent anyway.

Kevin immediately tensed up as he felt Kiseop curled up against him. He took a deep breath, hoping that his body can just relax and he would not be found out! He seriously needs to rid such thoughts off his mind before Kiseop gets suspicious. Fortunately, soon after, he heard Kiseop's light snoring and heaved a sigh of relief.

At this very moment, Kevin thought that he's possibly the luckiest person alive ~ lying in the arms of the man whom he had a crush on for the longest time. But the sad truth is that they were so near, yet so far. He would never know how Kevin actually felt. Kevin wouldn't risk letting him find out for fear that things get awkward. After all, Kiseop was his bestie whom he confides in everything, knows all his secrets... well, except for the fact that Kevin secretly lusts for him.