03

I'm Sorry, Sehun

The next morning, Jenna woke up with a smile on her face. She dreamt about Sehun the previous night and they went on a date. Weird but she enjoyed that dream. Walking out of her room, she met Dong Hwan in the kitchen and started making breakfast.

 

I'm going to look for a job today,” She commented.

 

Good luck with that! Will you be cooking dinner?” Dong Hwan answered.

 

Jenna nodded before sitting down to eat her breakfast. The two of them enjoyed their meal before leaving for their respective activities of the day.

 

Dressed in a pale pink blouse and a black pencil skirt, Jenna curled her hair and applied a light blush on her cheeks before she left the apartment that morning. At 9am, she was seated at corner of Cosy Bakery, waiting for the boss to come interview her.

A middle aged lady walked over to her and introduced herself as Mrs Oh. Mrs Oh asked Jenna a couple of questions regarding her age and school and her commitment to her job. A couple of minutes later, Mrs Oh stood up and shook Jenna's hand.

 

Welcome to Cosy Bakery, Jenna. I hope your working experience here will be a pleasure.” Mrs Oh smiled.

 

Jenna bowed and thanked Mrs Oh profusely. Thanks to her previous job in New York at a cafe, she knows how to work the cashier and make muffins and cookies. Mrs Oh probably pitied her and since she worked at a cafe before, accepted her as a part-timer.

 

When can you start work, Jenna?”

 

Tomorrow, Mrs Oh.” Jenna replied with a grin.

 

That's great, see you tomorrow then!' Mrs Oh waved and was about to head back to the kitchen when a tall young man entered the bakery.

 

Mommy, I'm here.” He called out.

 

Jenna glanced up to see Mrs Oh's son and was shocked to find Sehun looking at her with a bemused grin.

 

So we meet again.”

 

 

It turns out that Sehun is Mrs Oh's son and comes to help out at the bakery once or twice a week. Since he doesn't attend university till next year, he has been helping out more often.

 

Come on, let me bring you around this area since you'll be starting work here tomorrow.” Sehun grabbed her hand and led her out of the bakery.

 

Jenna blushed as she looked at Sehun's fingers around her wrist. Sehun turned around and saw her looking at his grip on her and released her wrist immediately. He laughed awkwardly as he brushed his neck.

 

Sorry, Jenna. I tend to have skinship with girls easily as I am comfortable with it.” He apologized.

 

Jenna frowned. She didn't like the idea of Sehun touching other girls. However he was indeed really good looking. With his looks, height and build, no doubt many girls would be throwing themselves at him.

 

Shrugging it off, she followed him out onto the streets. Sehun brought her to down the street and introduced a couple of eateries for her to have her lunch break while working. They were walking past a flower shop when Jenna stopped to take a look at the flowers on display. Sehun realised that Jenna was no longer beside him and turned around to see her admiring the flowers.

 

Chuckling, he stood beside her. Jenna's eyes were sparkling at the displays. Rows and rows of roses, tulips, daisies and carnation flowers filled the displays.

 

You want me to buy you flowers?” Sehun joked.

 

Jenna grinned ruefully, “My future boyfriend will buy them for me.”

 

Good. I wouldn't buy them for you even if you said yes.” Sehun snorted.

 

Jenna looked up at him questioningly.

 

I don't do romance. Girls, flowers, dates. Not my style.” Sehun shrugged his shoulders and walked down.

 

Jenna pondered over his words as she jogged to catch up to him.

 

What do you mean by that? You have not dated before?”

 

No. I've had flings before but I just sleep with them that's all.” Sehun commented.

 

Jenna widened her eyes at his confession. He just slept around with girls? And to think that he made it sound like it was no big deal.

 

Why do you not date?” Jenna chose her words carefully.

 

Sehun combed his hair with frustration. Glaring at her, he muttered “Girls are annoying. They ask too many questions, they expect too much, they get too clingy. This is why I only play the nice guy for the first day. It gets too bothersome afterwards.”

 

Sehun turned around and left abruptly, walking so quickly that Jenna knew he did not want her to follow him. Shocked by his sudden change in attitude, she walked towards the nearest bus stop, still trying to comprehend what went wrong. Was Sehun not the the nice guy she thought he was at the supermarket?