01

I'm Sorry, Sehun

Excuse me,” Jenna pushed her way through the crowd to leave Incheon Airport. She had just landed in South Korea from New York and unfortunately, SHINee had just returned from an overseas performance and thus the arrival hall was filled with fangirls.

 

Hey watch it there!” She frowned as she dodged a fanboard that was about to hit her head.

 

Crazy korean fangirls, as if any of your idols would ever notice you.” She muttered to herself. Finally, she walked out the doors of Incheon Airport and hurried to the taxi stand. 10 minutes later, she was in the taxi and off to her friend's apartment in Seoul.

 

Jenna pressed the doorbell of the first unit, “Lee Dong Hwan open up the damn door!”

 

Coming!” He hollered back. Opening the door a few minutes later, a lady dressed in a tight red dress with smudge make-up bowed her head and left hurriedly. Jenna glanced up to see her childhood friend, not a hint of embarrassment on his face.

 

You know I'm arriving today and you didn't bother to tidy the house? You even brought a girl over?!” Jenna snapped as she picked out a couple of bras and from the sofa.

 

Sorry girl, can't control my urges when they come,” Dong Hwan smiled sheepishly. Jenna rolled her eyes before heading to the clearly unoccupied room. Dong Hwan followed in behind her, plopping himself on her bed.

 

Have you had dinner?” Jenna started the conversation. Dong Hwan shook his head.

 

Do you wanna order delivery?”

 

Nah it's okay, I can cook. Just let me unpack some stuff first. What do you feel like eating?” Jenna asked as she started removing her belongings from her luggage.

 

Are you sure you can cook?”

 

Jenna shot him a look. “Of course I can, idiot. Will kimchi soup do?” Dong Hwan hummed a response and ambled out of her room.

 

An hour later, Jenna and Dong Hwan sat in front of the tv with a bowl of rice each and a pot of kimchi soup.

 

I'm impressed, Jen. Guess I can consider myself lucky that you are moving in with me. Please take care of my meals from now on!” Dong Hwan nudged Jenna with his elbow. She laughed in response, nodding her head.

 

Dinner progressed in silence, both of them in their own thoughts. Dong Hwan was focused on the variety show airing on tv but Jenna was thinking about her new life in Korea. She would have to get a job, first and foremost. Then, she would have to face her past. How she was going to go about doing that, she had no idea. She only hoped Dong Hwan would be kind enough to let her stay here for as long as she needed to. Frankly speaking, she had no idea why she chose Seoul University. She could have stayed in America where she had all her friends and her new identity. But she chose to come back to Korea, just because her heart told her too. How foolish of her indeed, but what's done is done. All she can do is to pray that things turn out well.

 

The next morning, Jenna woke up at 7am. She gently opened Dong Hwan's door to see him still in deep sleep. Tying her hair up in a ponytail, she whisked a couple of ingredients together to make 2 sets of omelets. About half an hour later, Dong Hwan walked into the kitchen, with his eyes barely open.

 

Morning Jen, breakfast smells nice.” He yawned.

 

Take a seat. Do you want orange juice or milk?” She asked as she opened the fridge.

 

Milk please.”

 

They ate their breakfast whilst discussing their plans for the day. Dong Hwan was going to work as usual. Jenna was going to the supermarket to buy her necessities and stock up on the grocery.

 

Will you be free in the evening? Meet me after work for dinner?” Dong Hwan asked.

 

Mm, sure. Where do you work?”

 

If you take bus 7 from the bus stop outside our apartment, you'll reach my workplace in 7 stops. I'll see you at 6.30pm at the bus stop, okay?”

 

Jenna nodded as she cleared the dishes. Afterwards, she headed to her room to take a shower. She was still unpacking her clothes when she heard Dong Hwan shout to say that he was leaving for work already. She shouted back a response and resumed her unpacking.

 

Lunch time came and Jenna's stomach rumbled. Looking up, she realised that it was already 12 noon and she had been sitting there unpacking for awhile. Patting her pockets, she finally remembered the existence of her cell phone. She rummaged through her bag and found her handphone and new korean sim card, bought at the airport. After setting up her phone, she changed into a simple blouse and jeans before leaving the apartment. Walking down the streets of Seoul, she dialed the familiar number on her phone.

 

Hello? Tessa?” She spoke.

 

JENNA! I thought you got lost in Korea! What took you so long to contact me?” Her best friend shrieked into the phone.

 

Smiling to herself, she explained to Tessa that she was busy unpacking and catching up with Dong Hwan which was why she forgot to set up her phone. After catching up with Tessa, she hung up and was about to keep her phone into her bag when she banged into someone.

 

Ouch! Dammit watch where you are going!” a voice snarled.