02

I'm Sorry, Sehun

Jenna looked up to see a handsome face, brown hair, hard eyes and a frown on his pretty lips.

 

I'm sorry,” She muttered, looking away from his eyes. He looked really familiar for some reason, but she couldn't possibly know him. Afterall, she had spent 11 years away in America, there is no way she would know someone here other than Dong Hwan.

The stranger knitted his eyebrows as he examined her. She looked strangely familiar, and he was sure he had seen her somewhere before.

 

Hey, do you go to BOD?” He questioned.

 

Huh?” Jenna glanced back at him.

 

You know, the club down the street ...”

 

I'm sorry, I'm from America, I just arrived in Korea yesterday.” She replied, before walking away briskly. The stranger tilted his head in confusion before walking off, in the same direction as Jenna.

 

Jenna brushed off that strange encounter with the handsome guy and headed off to the supermarket. She strolled down the isles of the supermarket, grabbing items like sanitary pads, towels, toiletries, etc. After she settled her personal items, she headed to the food section to stock up on the groceries.

 

Damn it why do they put my favorite cereal so high up on the shelves!” She muttered in frustration. Stretching to her limits, she reached for the box of cereal but failed to grab it. She stomped her foot in frustration and looked around to see if anyone can help her with her cereal. Turning her head to her left, she met eyes with the same stranger on the street just now.

 

An awkward silence hung in the air. He nodded towards the row of cereals with a small smirk hanging on his lips, “Do you need help with that?”

 

She nodded shyly, embarrassed at being caught for stomping her foot. The stranger easily grabbed the box of cereal and passed it to her.

 

Thank you ...”

 

My name is Sehun. Oh Sehun.” He smiled.

 

Ah, right. Thank you Sehun.” She grinned. She walked down the isle, expecting Sehun to continue whatever he was doing before he helped her. However, to her surprise, he fell into step beside her and even started a conversation with her.

 

So, why are you here in Korea?” He probed.

 

Um.. I am a Korean. But I went America to study at the age of 7. Now I'm back to attend Seoul University.” She answered.

 

Seoul University? What a coincidence, I am starting school there next year too.” He glanced at her.

 

Jenna smiled brightly. “That's great! Now at least I know someone in school.”

 

Sehun followed Jenna around the supermarket for the next 20 minutes, helping her grab things that weren't within her reach. At the cashier, Jenna thanked Sehun once again for his help and mentioned that she could manage on her own now.

 

Do you need my help carrying the groceries back? You bought quite alot of things ...” He trailed off, looking at the bags she was struggling to carry.

 

Oh no, it's okay. I've troubled you enough already! See you around Sehun!” Jenna waved his concern off and left the supermarket.

 

Back at the apartment, Jenna set aside the groceries and placed her toiletries in the toilet. Checking the time, she realized she had an hour before she should leave to meet Dong Hwan. Setting her alarm, she lied on her bed and took a short nap.

 

Jenna woke up with a dry throat. She felt around at her bedside table for her phone and got a shock when she saw the time.

 

7.30pm

7 missed calls

5 new text messages”

 

!” She cursed as she jumped out of bed. Brushing her hair, she called Dong Hwan.

 

Dong Hwan? I'm so sorry I overslept! Must be because of the jet lag, I'm s-”

 

It's okay Jen, in fact I'm at our apartment now because I had a feeling you would be home. Just come down asap alright?” He replied.

 

Jenna apologized once again and hung up. Checking her appearance in the mirror once, she grabbed her keys and left the apartment. The moment the lift doors opened at the lobby, Jenna rushed out and saw Dong Hwan's black car sitting outside. She hurried into the car and sheepishly apologized. Dong Hwan waved it off and drove them to grab dinner.

 

What do you feel like eating? Chinese? Korean?” Dong Hwan asked as they entered the shopping mall. Jenna shrugged her shoulders, telling Dong Hwan to choose instead.

 

They settled for Korean food at a cosy restaurant. Both of them chatted about their day and Jenna mentioned her encounter with Sehun. Dong Hwan was glad that Jenna found a friend before she started university. After dinner, they walked around the mall for awhile before heading back to their apartment. 

 

AN: Sorry if the story is building up pretty slowly! Sehun will appear more soon :) Please suscribe and comment!