Kim Jongin

If I Fall, You're Going Down With Me!

*

PART TWO

*


 

Before we left to go find Jongup, I made sure to change out of the uniform and into something much more comfortable which consisted of a black hoodie and a pair of sweats from Minji's closet. This was much more like my usual attire outside of school hours and considering Minji was a bit of a tomboy in her own fashion sense, I didn't have to worry about maintaining a more feminine appearance to keep anyone from getting suspicious.

 

Lastly, I added one of the basketball caps from the collection in her closet before taking off with Kris.

 

Now that classes were over for the day, the halls were much livelier as the girls returned back to the dorm. Eyes lingered on Kris as he moved through the halls but he didn't pay them much mind. Once we got to the elevator, he pressed for the ground level and we waited in silence.

 

I was thinking about how we were going to approach Jongup with the current situation to see whether he had something to do with the switch or not when I got a strange feeling like when you can feel someone’s eyes on you, staring, almost literally.

 

Slowly, I looked up at Kris who was leaned up against the opposite wall of the elevator but before my eyes could actually land on him, his eyes quickly shifted to his hands as if they were suddenly the most interesting things in the world.

 

I frowned at this but made no mention of it and went right back to thinking of how to approach Jongup but when I felt Kris’ eyes on me again, I looked up.

 

Instantly, his eyes darted to the left faster than I could say “what?” as he now stared at the numbers on the elevator wall with an intensity that was a little off-putting.

 

This was honestly starting to bug me now. Just what was he staring at, exactly?

 

For the next minute that we were on the elevator it continued on like that. Him staring at me, me looking up at him only for him to look away before we could make eye contact, me eventually giving up and looking away as well only for me to feel him go right back to staring at me again starting the whole process over again.

 

Eventually I got fed up.

 

“MAN, WHAT?!” I yelled causing Kris to jump. “Why do you keep looking at me like that?”

 

He blinked looking taken aback by the fact that I had mentioned it. Like he didn't even notice he had been staring.

 

“Oh, uh...I was just wondering…” he said as he began to scratch behind his ear, uncomfortably. “...you know, you’re in Minji’s body...”

 

I frowned not seeing the point but nodded anyway. “Yeah…”

 

A little smile began to form on his face. “You’ve been in her body all day…”

 

I winced, suspicious of just what he was getting at. “Uh huh…”

 

Now a full-on impish grin erupted on Kris’ face. “And you’ve like...had to go to the bathroom and stuff while in her body, right?”

 

I clicked my tongue. And there it was.

 

“Kris!” I scolded, offended, but he didn’t take the bait. Instead, he just kept on asking about my new body.

 

“What’s it like?” he asked, his eyes big and fascinated with a glimmer of curiosity.

 

“What’s what like?!” I yelled back.

 

“You know…” Kris egged on. “To have a vag-”

 

“YAH!” I yelled at him, my arm immediately coming up and my hand forming into a fist, ready to punch him before he could even get the rest of his sentence out. “What the hell?!”

 

“Alright, alright,” he held both his hands up in defense, letting the topic go. Well, at least he did for a moment before adding, “Still, you gotta admit, the irony is pretty damn funny.”

 

“What irony?” I spat back, still annoyed with him.

 

“Well, you always made fun of me for being the sensitive type by calling me Kristina and saying I was too girly,” he began to explain. “But now you’re the one who’s a girl with a between his legs.”

 

I winced at him again. He was really pushing it if he didn’t want me beating the out of him. I knew he was making a reference to that time he had insisted to me and the rest of the guys that we all call a truce with the girls by making an official apology to them but I had mocked him and told him to close his legs because “his was starting to show,” as a degrading way to say that acting like a sensitive girl.

 

Psh... I guess it was a bit ironic.

 

“Ha ha,” I fake-laughed, dryly. “Very funny…”

 

Kris beamed.

 

Truth be told, it was a little embarrassing to do certain things in Minji's body. Like, using the bathroom, for instance. With each passing hour, I was getting to know her body more intimately than I ever thought possible. I had always wanted to get to know her more intimately but it’s just that I wanted to be in my own body if it was going to happen. This method of getting to know her, on the other hand, was a little strange.

 

I mean, there wasn't that much that was surprising. I'd taken both biology in the ninth grade and anatomy in the eleventh and had even delved into a few adult videos on occasion so I knew all about the female body and all its physicalities. Still, you don't get used to the change after having had a for eighteen years then suddenly waking up one morning to find a its place.

 

I was finding out new things with each passing moment. Like, that little incident back in Minji and Bom's room when I got by the images in my head. Or, the way I had to sit on the toilet seat now and the weirdness I felt about going into the girl's bathroom in the first place.

 

And don’t even get me started on the showering incident with Chaerin and Dara early this morning. They refused to let me clean myself while in Minji's body, not only for her sake, but because they didn't want me in the girl's shower room with all the other females fearing my eyes would go leering.

 

I was gonna have to talk to them about that one. There was no way I could follow through with another bathing ritual from either of those two. I think they had both enjoyed it a little too much.

 

*Shivers*

 

And I didn’t know how I was supposed to continue on doing this for however long it took to figure out what happened to Minji and me last night. Was I just supposed to carry on in Minji’s body, pretending to be her, fooling everyone for who knows however long this whole body switch will last? I couldn’t stay in here! In this body! In the very body of the girl I had grown intensely strong feelings for over the course of just the last few months. I’m gonna go insane!

 

I can’t even explain how weird it felt every time I caught a glimpse of my reflection, expecting to see myself as a man but only to see a female in its place. Now I avoided mirrors, windows or anything that could show me my reflection. Not that Minji wasn’t good to look at…hehe...

 

But that was back when I could enjoy looking at her back when I was myself, not literally being her, myself.

 

I still can’t believe Chaerin had forced me into admitting my feelings for Minji in front of everyone. But then again I should probably thank her. Lord knows I would have never admitted it on my own. That was another thing I was going to have to come clean about the second we figured this charade all out.

 

Anyways, Kris and I made our way down campus, heading toward the usual hangout spot Jongup and his friends usually spend after school which were the basketball courts.

 

He was friends with Yongguk and his boys who were all kind of a rowdy bunch. I didn't have much trouble with the rest of his friends but I was pretty sure they weren't all that fond of me being friends of Jongup's who I'm sure didn't have any good words to say about me when I wasn't around.

 

I wondered if Jongup really could've had anything to do with the switch. I mean, I knew the guy hated me but I think cursing me is a bit extreme. Usually guys used physical violence to solve problems so if he really had beef with me he could've just come to find me so we could have another round. I wasn't scared of him or anything. If he wanted to fight I'd be down. Of course, we would have to meet off campus. I couldn't get into anymore trouble unless I wanted to get sent off to military school by my father.

 

Ugh...my father. Just thinking about him and our last conversation put me in a bad mood. I felt myself start to scowl but I shook my head. I didn’t want to think about him at the moment. I had a much bigger problem to sort out at the moment.

 

X

 

Of course, once we got across campus and over to where the courts were, we saw Jongup and his friends playing basketball. Without hesitation, I moved to head towards them but was stopped when Kris’ hand touched my arm.

 

“Wait a minute,” he said. “What are we gonna say to him?”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

 

He rolled his eyes at me before explaining.

 

“Well Kai, we can't just walk up to the guy and be all, ‘so Jongup, have you been putting hexes or curses on anyone lately or doing any magical spells to make people switch bodies these days?’” he said with sarcasm. “He's gonna think we're in’ nuts!”

 

I sighed as I considered what he was saying but with the current state of my body back in Minji's dorm, I didn't think we had the time to worry about what Jongup would think about us. Besides, if Jongup was guilty of having put a hex on me he wouldn't think we were crazy. He'd be the one who was crazy for actually doing it.

 

“So?” I countered, not seeing the big deal. “I think finding out what happened to Minji is a little more imp-”

 

While I was talking, I had taken notice of Kris’ eyes widening twice their normal size and stopped. That's when I heard someone from behind us yell, “Hey! Heads up!” and before I knew it, Kris was pushing me out of the way.

 

“Watch out!”

 

Suddenly, a basketball came zooming past my head but Kris and his fast reflexes caught it mid air.

 

“Woah!” I yelled in shock barely having missed the ball by an inch. I immediately spun around to see the group of guys Jongup was playing basketball with all staring at us from across the court. If it hadn’t been for Kris pushing me out of the way that ball would've knocked me the hell out!

 

I narrowed my eyes at Jongup suddenly having a nasty thought that maybe he did it on purpose.

 

Him and his group of friends beckoned us to come over, waving their hands for us to throw the ball back to them but Kris kept a hold of it. Looking at me, he nudged his head in there direction. I nodded and we headed towards them.

 

Once we got closer Kris greeted them upon approaching. He tossed the ball to one of Jongup's friends. “Hey guys. Here's your ball back.”

 

“Thanks,” was all his tall friend, Yongguk said. After that that they each had started to turn around looking like they were getting ready to go back to playing and I found myself feeling a little pissed that they hadn't even bothered to apologize for almost knocking me out but then Kris stopped them.

 

“Uh, actually, you guys, we came over here because we need to speak to one of you for a minute.” He then looked towards Jongup. “Jongup, do you mind coming with us?”

 

Jongup’s brows rose high upon hearing his name, before he moved through his group of friends to come up to us.

 

“Uh, hey Kris. Hi Minji,” he said looking a little unsure. “What brings you two over here?”

 

I narrowed my eyes at him and sneered still mad about the basketball incident. “Excuse me, but we'll be the ones doing the questioning around here, okay?”

 

Instantly, I felt a sharp jab in my arm from Kris' bony elbow. “Kai, shut up, man!”

 

I glared at him, but didn't make a fuss; however, when I looked back at Jongup and his friends and noticed them looking at us strangely that's when I realized Kris’ slip up.

 

Whoops.

 

“Kai?” Jongup asked with a frown. “Did you just call Minji by Jongin's name?”

 

I felt my heart rate speed up instantly as I panicked, inwardly. Kris and I immediately started sputtering to cover up the mistake.

 

“No, he didn't!” I lied.

 

“I meant to say Minji!” Kris tried to cover up. He then chuckled, trying to play it off. “My bad.”

 

Jongup looked unconvinced. “How do you randomly mix up Kai with Minji? The names don't even sound remotely the same.”

 

“Because, that's actually what we have to talk to you about,” Kris explained, smoothly, not missing a beat. “We need to talk to you about something regarding both Kai and Minji. I had his name in my head and that's why I ended up mixing it up with Minji's.”

 

“Oh…” was all Jongup said as he thought for a moment but he seemed to believe the lie Kris just told him. “Well, what do you guys want to talk about?”

 

Kris looked around at the crowd surrounding Jongup. “...can we talk in private?”

 

Jongup rose an eyebrow, eyeing us suspiciously for a moment but he eventually nodded before signaling to his friends to keep on playing. “I'll be right back you guys.”

 

After that, he headed with us to the far side of the courts; however, as we walked together, I noticed Jongup was eyeing me and it honestly made me want to blow chunks.

 

Oh flippin hell! It seems he actually thought I was Minji. But I couldn't let that phase me just yet. He was still a suspect, after all. I mean, he could just be trolling me right now by trying to make me uncomfortable.

 

Ha! I'll show him!

 

“I haven't seen you around much lately,” he said making flirty eyes at me.

 

“Yeah, that's not on an accident, dude,” I shot back with an attitude causing the smile that had been on his face to fall flat.

 

Good, I thought, triumphantly. I didn't want him trying to flirt with Mjnji or him thinking he even had a chance in hell with her. I had to crush any and all potential hope he had at dating her. He clearly liked her but not on my watch! Especially not while I was the one that was in her body.

 

Once we we were far enough away, near the end of the court, Kris stopped and cleared his throat. “Okay, I think here is good.”

 

“Alright, so what's this about?” Jongup demanded, crossing his arms over his chest thus causing the muscles in his muscle shirt to flex.

 

I grimaced.

 

I got the feeling he was trying to show off and look tough at the same time, especially for me who he may or may not have believed was actually Minji right now. Either that or he was still trolling knowing that I was inside her body.

 

Annoyed, I rolled Minji's eyes, and looked away. I didn't care about his stupid muscles. I had my own damn muscles.

 

I frowned as a thought suddenly occurred to me. I looked down at Minji's skinny arms. Well, at least once I finally returned back to my own body I would have my own muscles.

 

Kris remained unwavered; however. “Jongup, we need to ask you a few questions regarding your whereabouts on Sunday night.”

 

Suddenly, a look of shock washed over Jongup's features and he unfolded his arms, looking uncomfortable. Right about now, he looked like a kid with their hand caught in the cookie jar.

 

What was this? I wondered. The face of a guilty person, perhaps?

 

“W-what?” he stammered, nervously which I found suspicious. “What do you mean?”

 

“Last night?” Kris continued. “Particularly around the hours of 10 PM and midnight. We need to know where you were and who you were with.”

 

“Why do you want to know that?” Jongup fired back, defensively.

 

“Why are you being so defensive?” I shot back, accusingly. “It’s just a simple question. Where were you?”

 

I felt Kris’ eyes land on me, without a doubt probably scolding me for being so harsh but I ignored him.

 

Jongup, on the other hand, blinked at me in shock like he couldn’t believe the words that were coming out of my mouth and I had to remember that he still saw me as Minji, apparently.

 

He swallowed hard before answering. “I'm only being this way because you two are acting really strange right now and I don't know what this is about. Besides,” he said turning back to Kris. “It's my own damn business where I was and who I was with. I don't have to tell you two anything.”

 

I clicked my tongue in anger, earning me stares from both Kris and Jongup.

 

Alright, he was really starting to get on my nerves now. I took a step towards him and jutted a finger. “Okay, look, here. Don't you get smart with us you little…”

 

“Okay, fine,” Kris cut me off, suddenly, pulling me back in the process. He then turned to Jongup. “You’re right. It is your business but I can assure you we wouldn’t be asking unless it was very important for us to know and frankly, it is.”

 

Jongup winced, looking unconvinced. “Why?”

 

Kris sighed before leaning closer to me. “I think we'll just have to tell him if we really want him to cooperate. He should know what’s going on if we’re going to be asking him personal questions.”

 

I didn't know how Jongup would react to such news but nodded in agreement. I would watch his reactions carefully in order to gauge whether or not he had anything to do with the switch.

 

Kris then looked back at Jongup to speak, but before he could actually open his mouth to say anything, he was interrupted by a shout across the courts.

 

“Heads up, guys!”

 

And for the second time, a basketball came whirling past my head. I dodged it, of course, but instead of Kris catching the ball, Jongup caught it this time.

 

I spun around to glare at the guys on the court.

 

Ok, I was convinced. Someone here was trying to kill me and apparently Jongup’s friends were in on it.

 

“Watch it you guys!” Jongup yelled to his friends.

 

“Sorry!” one if his friends yelled back as he came closer to retrieve the ball and Jongup tossed the ball back to him.

 

“Yeah, Daehyun tell Himchan to stop trying to do those fancy three pointers. He's gotta learn how to make a decent free throw, first.”

 

“I'll try but you know Himchan doesn't listen to anyone except Yongguk who's only been encouraging him.”

 

The guy then took off, heading back to his friends to play.

 

I watched as his friend tossed the ball back to the group but he threw it too hard and the ball went flying way over all their heads causing them all to have to go run after it and that’s when I changed my mind.

 

Okay, maybe they weren't trying to kill me. Maybe they just at basketball.

 

I smiled, wryly, turning back to Jongup. “No offense but your friend’s basketball skills are kinda…”

 

“I know,” Jongup responded looking shameful. “That's why we're practicing.”

 

Then suddenly, Jongup's features went flat. “Not that I'm sure it even matters since we don't know if we'll even get the chance to form a team all thanks to our stupid president who still hasn't announced the winners from the elections that were over a month ago.”

 

That comment caused me to press my lips together in irritation. Again, someone was ting on me as a president. I crossed my arms. This was really starting to bug me. What I hated even more was that I couldn't even argue because he was right.

 

“Oh, you guys will get a chance,” Kris said. “Chaerin and I are already working on it. We already made a promise to announce the winners by the end of the week and to have the first student council meeting the following week.”

 

I frowned upon hearing this. They did? When did all that happen and how come I was just learning about it now?

 

“Really?” Jongup asked, surprised. “Great. It's still a bit late in the school year but I guess it's better than nothing at all.” He then turned the subject back to its original matter. “So you guys wanted to talk to me about something?”

 

Kris cleared his throat. “Yeah, Jongup, so here’s the deal. We’re currently investigating a few select students of our senior class and you're one of them. We have reason to believe that someone in our grade might have done…” he paused suddenly looking like he was thinking of how to explain. “um...something to our president Kim Jongin, and to Gong Minji, herself, as well.”

 

Jongup landed concerned eyes on me, looking me up and down. “Done something?” he repeated, curiously. “To the both of you? Like what?”

 

“Well, see that's what we're trying to find out,” Kris said. “That's why we’re asking each suspect about their whereabouts late last night.”

 

“Oh,” was his only response.

 

Jongup ran his fingers through his hair as he began to focus all his attention onto his feet. That’s when I noticed he was trying his damndest to hide a bashful smile that was threatening to form on his face and I realized that he didn't want to tell us.

 

“Uh…” he stalled, shuffling his feet. “I was...with a girl last night...”

 

After that he didn't say anymore, but the silence that followed was enough that he didn't have to. Kris and I understood. Jongup was gettin’ busy in the girl's dorm last night. Ha ha. Guess Kris and I weren't the only ones sneaking into the girl's dorms after hours.

 

Then I realized. Wait a minute.

 

This greasy little er! He was with some other girl the night before but still had the nerve to be trying to hit on me--er, I mean Minji-- the very next day?!

 

I snapped my tongue in disgust. Guys are gross.

 

Jongup seemed to sense my irritation with him because he wouldn't look at me anymore but just kept smiling, bashfully. His cheeks a bright, burning red now.

 

“I see…” Kris trailed, looking slightly amused. “And you were with her the whole time? From 10 PM to midnight?”

 

If possible, Jongup's grin doubled in size to the point it looked like it could split his face in half.

 

He nodded.

 

“Doing what, exactly?” I asked without thinking.

 

Suddenly, Kris elbowed me again.

 

“Kai, that’s not our business,” he warned and I realized Kris had done it again. Jongup frowned, realizing it too.

 

He glared at us, suspiciously. “You know, that's really weird that you keep calling Minji by Jongin's nickname.”

 

Kris immediately began to stammer. “Uh...no. What I meant to say was…”

 

“Hey you guys!” A shout from across the court cut him off. “Watch out!”

 

I wish I had been quicker but unfortunately, this time I wasn’t so lucky because...

 

BAM!

 

The bracing feeling of a basketball whacking me square in the back of the head, caused me to see stars.

 

The next words that came out of Kris’ mouth were all slowed and unclear.

 

O-h...sh-it!” I heard him say in slow motion. “A-r-e...y-o-u...o-kay?”

 

However, I didn’t answer. I passed out.

 

X

 

Black. All I could see was black.

 

 

...

 

 

“Joooongiiiiiinnnn…”

 

I barely took notice of the sound of a female’s voice calling my name, stretching it out in a long, dreamy manner.

 

Whoever it was, she was hovering over me. I could feel her presence even though I was still out of it.

 

“Mmmm…” was all I responded.

 

“Jongin, are you okay?” she spoke again, softly and I found myself comforted by the sound of it.

 

There was slight huskiness to her effeminate voice that was familiar but I couldn't quite place it just yet.

 

Slowly, I began to open my eyes and as I did all I could see was her silhouette, blocking the big gaping sun that was shining behind her.

 

I mumbled something incoherent that even I didn't understand.

 

“Gee,” I heard her say. “They really knocked you out good, didn’t they?”

 

Hold on, I thought as the realization began to dawn on me.

 

That sounds a lot like... Minji!

 

Instantly, my eyes shot the rest of the way open.

 

There, in all her glory, was my ex co-president hovering over me, looking at me with worry and in that moment I swore I could’ve cried.

 

I shot up from the ground so fast it caused her to lean back.

 

“Minji! You’re here!” I exclaimed, barely able to contain the excitement within me. In fact, I couldn't contain it. Without a second thought, I grabbed at her and brought her into a tight hug before releasing her to look at her again. “You’re you! And I’m…”

 

 

Looking down at myself, I noticed for the first time that I was in my own body and I nearly squealed.

 

My hands came up to touch my face, my hair, followed by my chest (which I was relieved to find were now replaced with my own firm pecs instead of Minji’s s) and honestly, I was dying to feel between my legs for “little Kai,” but I didn’t want to freak Minji out so I suppressed the urge.

 

“I’m me!” I gasped looking up at her, happily. “I’m me again! Oh boy, this is great!”

 

I was so busy fawning over being back in my own body again I barely registered the look on Minji’s face which was one of gloom rather than thrill like my own.

 

“Oh, Jongin…” she said, sullenly.

 

Still excited and overjoyed, I cut her off. “Minji, you would not believe the crazy dream I just had!” I began to explain everything, saying it all in one big breath. “I was you and you were me but only you wouldn't wake up so the guys and I all had to band together to come up with a plan to find out who changed us! And Kris was all, ‘I think someone put a hex or a curse on you guys,’ and I was like ‘no way,’ but you're friends were all like ‘why not Jongin you're an and everybody hates you so why wouldn't someone try to curse you,’ so then we had to start interviewing all the people in our grade to see who might have done it to us. But then…

 

“JONGIN!” Minji screamed, shutting me up instantly. Her tone then turned to that of a whisper. “That wasn't a dream.”

 

I frowned as I stared at her in confusion. “What do you mean?” I then looked around us, noticing for the first time that we were outside on the basketball courts where I had been hit in the head only a moment ago which I had thought was all just a part of my dream. “And why are we outside? And where is everybody?”

 

We were on campus but it was like we were the only ones. Not a single soul was in sight, which was a little weird.

 

Minji sighed as she stood up. She turned away from me. “Oh, Jongin. I think I may have messed up. Like really messed up.”

 

“What are you talking about?” I asked, standing up, myself. “I'm me and you're you again.”

 

Minji faced me, shaking her head. “No, we're not. It's only temporary while we're in this dream.”

 

“Dream?” I repeated before looking up at the blue sky above us that looked so real. “We're in a dream right now?”

 

Minji gave an uneasy smile. “Kind of. You were knocked out and you're sleeping right now so you're subconscious has taken over. That's why you can see me.”

 

I shook my head, confused. “What? What you're saying isn't making any sense.”

 

Minji groaned, frustratedly. She then surprised me when she suddenly brought both her hands up to place on each side of my face, forcing me to look at her square in the eyes.

 

“Okay, I need you to listen very carefully,” she told me, dead serious. “What you think was all a dream, is not. All of what you just told me, actually did happen because I caused it to happen. I caused the switch to happen. Me. You are in my body right now, but I'm not in your body. Something went wrong and now I'm locked in my subconscious. So technically, it's like we're both in my body.”

 

My mouth fell open. “How?”

 

“Remember when I left you alone for a moment last night and went inside my closet to change clothes?” she asked and I nodded with my head still cradled between her small hands. I remembered when she'd disappeared into her closet right before I was going to confess to her. She had been in there for a while considering she was only supposed to be changing clothes. That was when I suddenly started feeling really weird and got sick and passed out.

 

“Well, I lied,” Minji admitted. “I actually went in there to do a spell…”

 

My eyes widened at her reveal. That meant...

 

“You?” I questioned, barely able to believe it. Then that meant Bom’s theory about Minji being the one behind the switch was right. I fixed her with a confused stare. “You really did a spell to make us switch bodies, Minji?”

 

Minji bit her lip trying to hold back an embarrassed smile. She let my face go.

 

“Well, no,” she said. “At least, not on purpose. What I had said was that I wanted to reap the benefits of being in your shoes and for you to know what it was like to be in mine. I wanted you to know how I felt after everything that had happened after what you did and why I felt so hurt, and angry, and most importantly, I wanted you to pay for it. I wanted you to know what it felt like to be so incredibly wronged by someone you trusted...although I use the term trust, loosely…”

 

She paused briefly and I ignored the offhanded insult she had just made about trusting me. After a minute, she continued.

 

“This all began when Mrs. Jung had called me into her office to speak to me about my slipping grades and passive attitude which my teachers had apparently been complaining to her about. That's when she had given me this bag with the materials to perform a spell in it and told me that it would help solve everything that I wanted. At first I wasn't going to do it, but then you came to my room and all the feelings of betrayal came flooding back but you see, I had already sort of ruined the spell on accident when I had spilt the potion we were supposed to drink all over the paper with the spell on it thus, messing up the words, but--"

 

 

"Wait," I interrupted after hearing something odd I wasn't expecting. "What potion?"

 

 

Minji's eyes went wide and she smiled nervously at me. "Oh...yeah, um...remember those weird-shaped soda cans? The ones we drank to call a truce?"

 

 

I thought back to last night when she said we should call a truce to end all the fighting and pranks between us, and suggested we share a drink to make it official. I remembered thinking those soda cans were...odd, but then she had said that they were just foreign and not to worry about it so I didn't, and just chugged it just as she had. But they were really potions to make us...switch bodies?

 

 

I nodded now as I recalled the memory.

 

 

She sighed. "Yeah, I lied about that, too..." she said in a low voice the same way a person does when their ashamed to admit something.

 

 

I couldn't believe what all she was telling me. Had I really pushed her so far over the limit that she would actually result to magic spells just to get back at me? Damn.

 

 

"So, under the guise of a truce I had really been tricked into drinking a potion?" I asked and she cringed at the truth, but nodded, her cheeks burning red with shame before continuing with her side of the story.

 

 

"I was just so desperate that night you came to talk to me, and hurt, and angry and upset that I didn't even care about anything except revenge. So I lit the candle, on the night of a full moon at midnight. I made up my own spell, repeating it over and over all while holding the paper that had the original spell on it over the flame until it all burned to ashes. Then, immediately afterwards, the candle blew out all by itself. That's when I heard a thump from outside the closet. I came out only to find you passed out on the floor and woke you up but you were sick so you tried to get back to your dorm by climbing out the window, but I didn't even see you leave because I passed out, too, having felt sick myself. But, you see, after that I never woke up. I ended up in this strange subconscious part of my mind where I can still feel everything you feel and hear what you hear but it's like I can't come to the surface. I guess it's because there isn't enough room for two souls in one body so I remain dormant until you fall asleep.”

 

She now looked around at the scenery around us. “This is honestly the first time I've ever even seen this dream version of the school. Usually, all I see is black. I guess as long as you're in my body, whenever you fall asleep, we'll probably meet up here.”

 

Frozen. I was completely frozen. I couldn't believe all that she had just revealed to me. Well, I mean, I could believe it, but it was just a lot. So, she really wasn't in my body? Then, Bom was right again and so was Dara. That must have been why my body wasn't breathing or responding. Because literally no one was inside of it.

 

I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything.

 

“Jongin?” Minji called me causing me to focus on her again. “You have to find Mrs. Jung for me. She's the only person who would know what to do since she's the one who had given me the spell. Maybe she can tell me where I went wrong and can undo it. I really messed up and I don't want to be stuck like this…”

 

I ran a hand through my short hair. “I can't believe this is actually happening.”

 

Minji cringed, a look of shame washing over her pretty features. “I'm sorry for dragging you into all of this, Jongin. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. I swear, I just really wanted you to know how I felt...

 

She looked truly apologetic. In fact, she looked like she was on the verge of tears and just the sight made my heart sink for her. No guy ever likes to see his girl cry even if she was the one who was in the wrong.

 

Wait, I suddenly realized. Did I just indirectly refer to Minji as mine? Gosh, I really had it bad, didn't I?

 

“Well, how am I supposed to find Mrs. Jung?” I asked, changing the subject. “She left the academy for an indefinite amount of time to take care of something, remember?”

 

It amazed me to find out that our headmaster had something to do with this. I didn't know much about the woman outside of the awful things my mother said about her in private but I definitely wasn't expecting her to be into magic spells and . We had one freakish headmaster, if that was the case.

 

Minji shrugged. “Your father should know, shouldn't he? Couldn't you ask? Also, check my phone. I have all her contact information so you could email her, call her, or something. Explain to her everything I just told you and ask what we have to do we do to get back to our own bodies. I'm sure she has to know.”

 

“Well, yeah…” I considered.

 

“Um, and you can tell the girls and Kris the truth so that they stop interviewing our peers, trying to look for a suspect they'll never find,” Minji said. “Tell them that this was all my doing…”

 

I didn't reply, just taking everything in, but Minji must have mistaken my silence for me being angry with her because she suddenly asked me if I was mad.

 

“Huh?” I asked back.

 

“It’s just, you haven't really said anything…” she said with a nervous shrug.

 

“No, I was just thinking how this all came about,” I said. “How things can start so small but go catastrophically wrong.” I was referring to the fact that this had all just started with a prank but then only seemed to escalate to a disaster of epic proportions. I guess we both have a knack for doing that.

 

“I would ask you how you have been since you woke up in my body but I kind of already know,” Minji said with a shy smile. “Sorry about the showering experience with Chaerin and Dara earlier this morning.”

 

I grimaced at the memory. “Yeah, I'm still trying to forget that.”

 

“Well, if you promise to behave and to respect my body,” Minji said with extra emphasis on the words “my body.” “Then you can tell them I said it's okay to bathe yourself.”

 

“Really?” I perked up, instantly.

 

She shrugged. “Yeah, I mean, why not? You've already seen everything especially since you've had to go to the bathroom and change clothes...”

 

I smiled glad that she was trusting me with something so personal. “I'll respect your body Minji,” I said, causing her cheeks to blush crimson red which I rather enjoyed seeing.

 

“Good.”

 

“So, what all do I have to do, again?” I asked.

 

“Get my phone, and try to contact Mrs. Jung anyway you can,” she said. “Call her, text her, email her--anything. Tell her everything I just told you. That I did the spell, but it backfired and now we're both stuck in one body and now we need to know how to fix it.”

 

“Okay,” I said nodding. “I think I got--”

 

Boom. Boom. Boom.

 

“What was that?” I asked, looking around for where the sudden noise was coming from.

 

“Uh...I think you're waking up,” Minji told me.

 

I looked back to her in a panic. “Now? Already?” No. I wasn't ready to go yet!

 

Boom. Boom. Boom.

 

Minji placed her hands back on my face urging me to focus on her again. “Do what I told you. Find Mrs. Jung.”

 

“Alright, but--”

 

Boom. Boom. Bo-

 

“Hey guys, he's waking up!” I heard a voice come through the dream and suddenly everything around Minji and me began to fade to pitch black.

 

“Of course he's waking up, you're making all that noise, Kris!” another voice said.

 

I faltered, confused. “Uh…”

 

But Minji ignored the voices.

 

“Find Mrs. Jung, Jongin,” she said one last time just as she started to go blurry, blending in with the blackness. Before I knew it, she was gone and my eyes were opening to a completely different scene.

 

“Kai, are you alright, man?” a voice said.

 

“...”

 

My eyes slowly began to pry open; however, as they did I was shocked to find myself bombarded with three worried faces all hovering around me.

 

Chaerin, Kris and Dara.

 

I rubbed at my eyes as I came fully aware again.

 

“Are you okay?” Dara asked as she helped me to sit up and handed me a glass of water. I gulped it down.

 

“Kris told us what happened and we rushed here,” Chaerin said.

 

“How long was I out?” I asked.

 

“About thirty minutes,” she said.

 

“More like forty if you count the time it took me to carry him here,” Kris added.

 

“You were talking in your sleep a little,” Chaerin told me causing me to look up at her in question. “You kept repeating Minji-ah's name.”

 

Minji.

 

Just the mention of that name made me spring to action.

 

I got out of the bed I had been placed in and as I stood, I realized that we were all in the nurse's office which Kris must have brought me to after the basketball incident. I grabbed for my shoes which were at the foot of the bed.

 

“What are you doing?” Kris asked in shock. “You just woke up from being knocked out by a basketball.”

 

“I have to find Mrs. Jung,” I said not explaining further, Minji’s last words on repeat in my head. Right now, I was a man on a mission. But before I left, I made sure to add one more thing looking at both Chaerin and Dara. “Oh, and by the way, Minji has given me full permission to see her body and says that I can bathe myself from now on.”

 

Both girls looked at each other with confused faces right before I turned around and left.

 

I had a certain female headmaster to track down.

 

X


 

 

And her's that secod part I promised (although it took longer than a week to finish). Still, better than never, right? (^_-)

 

Also, thank you subscribers, both the new ones and older ones! 

 

Thank you commenters!

 

And thank you everyone who still shows this fanfic love and support. 

 

I'll see you in the next chapter!