Kim Jongin

If I Fall, You're Going Down With Me!

*

KIM JONGIN

*


Part I

 

Tossing and catching a little styrofoam ball up and down certainly wasn’t helping my current bored state. I'd laughed all I possibly could about this morning’s incidents and now I was no longer amused; however, to the others, the prank still made them hysterical.

 

It’s like it gets funnier every time you play it,” Chanyeol told our classmate Baekhyun, who was holding his cellphone up for the guys crowded around him to look at.

The guys and I were once again hanging out in the auditorium – a place we secretly claimed our hangout spot for us guys to be “guys” since there was nowhere else on campus to do that besides in the boys' locker room or our dorms- and at the moment, the guys were all sharing and watching a recorded video that Baekhyun, a friend from our class, filmed this morning of poor little Jiyeon farting in front of everyone.

An eruption of laughter filled the auditorium as the guys played the video for the millionth time and every time another classmate entered the auditorium, they’d call him over, they’d play the video once again, and another round of laughter would start up again.

I on the other hand, didn't care. I was tired of this already, plus, I was getting kind of hungry at the moment.

The sounds of someone banging on the side door shifted everyone’s attention away from Baekhyun's phone. As I moved to go sit in down in one of the comfy auditorium chairs, Chanyeol went to open the door, revealing both Sehun and Luhan. They both walked in together laughing and joking about something.

What's up guys?” Luhan greeted everyone in the auditorium.

Oh you two have to see what happened in our English class this morning!” Chanyeol told them excitedly, leading the two over to the huddled group around Baekhyun. “Baekhyun filmed one of the girls this morning breaking wind in front of the entire classroom. The look on her face was hil-ar-ious.”

Luhan and Sehun threw their backpacks down and joined the huddle.

Baekhyun, play the video again,” Chanyeol told him.

Already started it,” he replied, and the guys watched the short video for the umpteenth time. I could hear everything happening in the video, so I didn't have to watch to know what was going on. They'd played the damned thing so many times, I had every sound memorized in my head. First, the sound of Jiyeon's voice would come through the speakers telling Ms. Johnson that she knew how to ask the question “May I go to the restroom?” in English.

Ms. Johnson, may I please go to the restroom?” I could hear Jiyeon's high voice say.

Now that wasn't so hard was it,” Ms. Johnson replied in her usual stiff tone. “Yes, you may go to the restroom.”

Jiyeon replied “thanks” and the sound of Ms. Johnson's voice continuing with role-call came through the speakers as each kid said “here” once their name was called.

Then there was some shuffling sounds as Jiyeon tried to and throw all her crap into her backpack. You could hear practically everything since the classroom had been extremely silent when Ms. Johnson was doing role-call. Afterward, I could make out the sound of Jiyeon's chair scraping against the floor as she slid her chair back and she stood up. And that was when...

Phhhtttttt!

Hysteric laughter emitted from the overzealous bunch of boys watching the video as if it was their first time watching even though for a lot of them, it was more like their twentieth. Although I tried my best to remain straight-faced, Tao's ridiculously high-pitched laugh got the best of me and I couldn't help but chuckle myself, just from the sound of it.

Oh, that is classic!” Sehun gasped through his laughter. “Baekhyun, did you plan this or you just happened to have your recorder when it happened?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “Actually I always record the teacher's lessons during class so that I can refer back to them later when I'm studying, but luckily today, Jiyeon farted and I ended catching that on the recorder too.”

The guys laughed some more as they played the video a few more times, before finally starting to settle down.

Dude! I so wish we could put this up on the internet or something,” Sehun suddenly blurted to us his “brilliant” idea. “Can you imagine how many views it would get?”

I quickly stopped throwing and catching the ball once Sehun said this; his idea was the most interesting thing I'd heard in the past couple of hours. I'd been thinking that this little prank of ours was turning out to be quite lame anyway, especially since we were the only ones that knew about it. Senior prank was supposed to be legendary and something that the entire student body remembered. Of course, most seniors generally waited until the end of the year to get prank everyone, so they didn't have to worry about getting into trouble. Pulling pranks at the beginning of the year hindered what we could do without getting caught or in trouble.

A few of the other guys laughed at Sehun's idea and nodded, but Luhan didn't look as amused.

That's not a good idea,” Luhan said sternly. I rolled my eyes. Of course Luhan would be the first to disagree. Still, I decided to hear his side while the wheels in my head churned Sehun's idea over. A prank video really did sound quite appealing. 

Why not?” Sehun's thick brows furrowed. Everybody in the huddle was now staring at Luhan with the same look on as Sehun, probably thinking the same thing: why was Luhan such a wet blanket?

What if we get caught?”

Oh come on Luhan,” Sehun rolled his eyes at his friend. “It's just one little video. People put up way worst stuff than this all the time.”

But what if we post the video, and it gets popular and our headmasters find out or something,” Luhan argued. “Can't they trace the source of the video? If they find out, we'll get suspended or worse and I can't have that on my record. It was hard enough just trying to convince my parents to let me come to this school in the first place! You know how they feel about the co-ed thing.”

I highly doubt they'd dig that deep just to find out who posted up some little video of a girl farting,” Chanyeol added in his two cents. “And one little video won't be that big of a deal anyway. Once it's on the net, it's fair game for anybody to do with it what they want. They won't be able to trace it all the way back to the source.”

Yeah, but what if one of the girls finds the video and tells a teacher or something,” Luhan still tried to argue his case, even though it looked like he was losing since the others didn't seem to be swayed.

Actually, I kind of agree with Luhan,” Kris now spoke up. Everybody's eyes landed on him. I shook my head. Kris really was going soft on us. “Think about it. They'll know it was someone specifically from our English class. All they have to do is look up who the role-call sheet for Ms. Johnson's first period English class, then they'll probably call us one-by-one to interrogate us, until one of us squeals. And there's only six of us here who has Ms. Johnson for first period English, so it'll be one of us that tells.”

Well, I wouldn't say anything,” Chanyeol lifted both his hands and shook his head.

Neither would I,” Baekhyun said, shutting his phone off. “Especially since I'm the one who filmed the video in the first place, so I wouldn't tell on myself.”

Why do you guys want to make this prank worse than it already is?” Luhan asked. “Was not giving the girls diarrhea enough? Now you guys want to further humiliate them by singling out the one girl in the video? If you really want to put up the video, why not just wait until our semester break or something? Seriously, this whole idea is just far too much.”

Actually,” I finally spoke up for the first time since the argument started, quickly grabbing everyone’s attention. I was rubbing my chin, deep in thought as the wheels in my head continued to crank. I was getting an idea; an idea for a prank that would be ten times better than the crap one we had now. “Putting up a video on the internet of the prank isn't too much. In fact, I don't think we've gone far enough...”

I looked up to see a group of expectant faces staring back at me.

Why?” Sehun asked, looking at me curiously, probably from the look on my face. “What do you have in mind?”

I smirked and stood up, walking over to my senior mates. “Okay, I've got an idea for a much better prank...”


* * *


To any student or teacher walking by, the guys and I just looked like a group of young men hanging out underneath the ever popular “senior tree”- this tree being the same tree we first met Minji and her friends underneath on our first day at Cheonan. However, we knew what we were really up to and we weren't nearly as innocent as we looked.

Each of our eyes were trained on the front door of the senior girl's restroom that was across the campus. Surprisingly, there wasn't a line out of the door despite the fact that most of the senior girls had the “runs” by now. Every now and again, a few girls would enter the restroom and stay in there for God knows how long. I'd long lost count and now had no clue as to how many girls were in there. It seemed like for every few that entered, only one or two would leave.

So, anybody come up with a plan yet?” Chanyeol suddenly asked, breaking the silence between us. The sound of his voice brought me out of my thoughts; I hadn't realized I'd been staring so hard.

We have to find a way to get in there without getting caught,” Sehun said, eyes still focused on the closed bathroom door.

That's not a plan,” Chanyeol deadpanned.

Maybe we can put a sign on the door that says 'do not enter' or 'out of business',” Tao piped up. “That ought to give us enough time to go in there, do what we have to do and get out.”

Luhan shook his head, disagreeing with Tao. “We can't fake a sign saying that the toilets are broken. What if a teacher or especially, the janitor walked by and saw the sign? The janitor would know something was wrong and would go in to try and fix it and we'd get caught. Bad idea!”

Someone could stay outside on the lookout just in case a teacher or janitor walks by,” Kris offered.

Before we can even think about getting inside the girl's restroom, we need to figure out how many are actually in there at the moment,” I said. Yes, that was definitely more important. If we were going to do this, the bathroom would have to be completely cleared out; after all, we couldn't afford to run into any girls in there while trying to pull the world's cruelest but funniest prank ever. “We need to make sure we keep track of how many girls are in that bathroom. We can't install the camera if there are girls still in there.”

Whichever way we chose to do this, we absolutely couldn't afford tobb get caught. The prank idea I'd come up with was ten times worse than our original, and if anybody ever found out about it, without a doubt, we would all be expelled. Well, then again I'd have my father to cover for me, so it would more likely be the other guy's asses on the line more than my own. But I refused to go through my senior year without my best buds with me, so if we were going to get this prank done, we were going to need someone else to do the dirty work for us. Preferably someone kind of stupid who wouldn't ask too many questions and would do just about anything I told them to do.

I found myself frowning when a couple of random short kids suddenly stopped in my direct line of sight of the girl's restroom, blocking my view of the door. Great, now I couldn't keep track of how many girls were in the restroom because these brats were in the way.

Training my eyes to look a little harder, I noticed that two of the kids standing in the little group looked awfully familiar to me. And that's when it hit me... my two little minions. My lips spread into a smirk as a new idea came to mind.

Hey you guys,” I called my friends, grabbing their attention. “What do you say to using a few little rascals to do the job for us. That way we aren't the ones who get caught if they get caught.”

Which little rascals in particular?” Luhan asked me, his golden brow raising curiously.

I think I have an idea which little rascals he's talking about,” Sehun said, smiling at me and then looking back at the group of kids that I was looking at earlier.

I told the guys my plan to which they agreed after mulling it over for a second.

Luhan,” I called him, and motioned for him to come with me. “Let's go. I could use a little reinforcement just in case they try to say 'no' to me.”

He got up and we made our way across campus. “Are you sure they'll listen to me?”

Are you kidding me? No one can say 'no' to those deer eyes of yours.”

He chuckled as we made it over to the small group of freshman and “casually” bumped into them.

Oh, hey President Kim,” the little brunette boy greeted me. He and his friends bowed to both Luhan and I. “Hi Luhan sunbae.”

What's up guys?” I wrapped my arm around the brunette's shoulder. I glanced at his friends who were all staring at Luhan and I in awe like we were celebrities or something and mentally rolled my eyes. Freshman“Say, are you two busy right now? Because we actually wanted to speak to you two about something important.”

I was referring to the brunette and the other little black-haired boy he was always with rather than his entire group of friends. Both boys shook their heads.

Good,” I said, dragging him away from his friends and Luhan followed with the other boy. For the time being, I'd just have to refer to them as “brunette” and “black-haired boy”; even though they'd told me countless times, I still couldn't remember either of their names. We took them to back to the “senior tree” along with the rest of the guys and sat down.

Wow, we're invited to hang out with the seniors under the 'senior tree',” the brunette boy exclaimed to his friend who just nodded in return. They were both awestruck by the guys as they bowed repeatedly and said “hello” to each of them politely. I knew they were just trying to respect their hyungs like all underclassmen generally did, but they were seriously doing too much, so I grabbed both boys' shoulders to stop them from bowing anymore.

Seriously guys, just stop,” I commanded and the brunette's mouth formed into an “O” causing one of the guys to laugh.

What are your names?” Kris asked them both.

I'm Chansung,” said the brunette and pointed to his friend. “This is Joowon.”

Cool,” Sehun said. “Now, do you guys know why we invited you over with the seniors today?”

Chansung looked at me. “Well, you said you had something important to speak with us about.”

Yes, but before we tell you anything,” I stressed the last word for emphasis. “We need to know you guys are trustworthy enough. Whatever we tell you stays within this group, got it? That means you can't go telling your friends, or running off to tell a teacher or anybody or else you'll have to deal with us. We don't want anybody else finding out about this. Now, can we trust you?”

Each of us stared at the two little freshman who's eyes were now large as saucers as they stared back at us. The brunette nodded first and said “yes” followed by his friend who did the same.

Great, then we can tell you our plan,” I said. “Now I know you guys already know about prank week-”

Oh, are you guys going to warn us about the pranks so that we can avoid them?” asked the brunette, cutting me off.

No,” I replied sternly. “And don't interrupt me when I am speaking.”

The boy's eyes widened again and he mumbled a sorry as his cheeks took on a red tint.

"See, this year all the senior guys decided to pull our prank on the senior girls, so you freshman don't have to worry about being pranked on," I started explaining to them. "For the prank we gave the girls drinks that had a medicine in it that produces explosive diarrhea."

Both boys started to laugh uncontrollably and I shook my head as I waited for them to calm down. 

"Explosive diarrhea," the brunette said through laughing. "Wow, now I'm really glad you guys chose not to prank the freshman this year."

"Yeah, well that's not it," I continued on seriously, getting the boys' focus back on me. "See, we want to film a video of the results and then at the end of the school year, for the prank, we're going to put the video up on the front page of the school's website. But in order to film the video, we need to plant a video camera inside the girl's restroom. That's where we want you two to come in."

Both boys looked at us with blank expressionless faces.

"You want us to go inside the senior girl's bathroom?" asked the brunette boy. His big brown eyes were all wide and watery in astonishment.  

Gosh, these boys really were innocent weren't they? I thought. I actually almost felt kind of bad for insisting they do this for us. But hey, like I said, we seniors couldn't afford to get caught and if they did, better them than us.

"Hey, it's okay, we know this is a big deal, and trust me, we wouldn't make you guys do anything that would get you into trouble," Luhan said, stepping in to console them. He gave them his warm friendly smile while giving them the soft eyes that usually made anybody he wanted to melt into a puddle of goo. See, this is why we needed Luhan; he was the ultimate deceiver. 

Both boys nodded looking at Luhan and I could've sworn the black-haired boy was blushing a little. Looks like Luhan has won himself a little fanboy.

"Luhan's right, you wouldn't have to worry about getting into trouble," I lied to them. "See, we'd do it ourselves, but we can't get away with going into the girl's bathroom. You on the other hand can because your just freshman, they'll most likely give you a free pass. All you have to say is that you got lost or something and that you walked into the wrong bathroom by accident."

"What exactly would we be doing in there?" asked the black-haired boy.

"Well first, you'd go inside to check to see how many girls are inside the restroom," Sehun now explained. "Then you'd report back to us, we'd give you the camcorder and once the coast was all clear, you would go back inside and hide the camcorder in the girl's bathroom. Preferrably in a unsuspicious place."

Both boys looked at each other, looking like they were having a silent debate in their heads.

"Also, we'd be willing to pay you a healthy amount for your services as well," I quickly added.

"Along with the rest of the money you owe us for carrying your luggage to your dorm last week?" the brunette asked.

Oh, that's right. I forgot I still owed them for that. 

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my wallet. "Actually, if you guys do this for us, I'll pay you half up-front right now and the other half later after the job is done."

Looks like all it took was the promise of some money to get these freshman to do what we wanted them to because both boys looked at each other one last time before bumping fist.

"We'll do it," they said in unison. The guys and I exchanged knowing smirks at having succeeded in manipulating these two little freshman. 

"Good," I patted the both of them on the back and made the brunette stand up with me. I showed him in the direction of the girl's restroom across campus. "Now, first I need you to casually go inside the girl's restroom and see how full it is in there and come back to tell us how many there are, alright?"

He nodded.  

"If there are a lot of girls in there and you get caught, just make something up, like you were sick and mistook it for the boy's bathroom or something."

"Gotcha!"

"Good, now go make President Kim and the rest of the senior guys proud." I pushed the kid forward and went back to my friends as we watched the kid make his way across campus.

I shook my head, amused at how easy all of that just was. Freshman    

* * *

    

 

Author's Note: Tssk... do I even have a reason for why this took so long. Nope! 

But I'm sorry. REALLY sorry. When I wasn't updating this story, I was still writing it, but I felt like everything wrote was crap. I think I have enough ideas for the next couple of chapters to keep this up-to-date for the next few weeks. 

Also, try not to be too mad at the boys. It's all just part of the plot, to an even bigger .