Kim Jongin

If I Fall, You're Going Down With Me!

*

KIM JONGIN

*


 

There weren’t any words in all of the human language to describe just how angry my father was with me at the moment, but with him never being the type to show his rage by exploding like others, I rather, felt it surrounding the entire room, enveloping us—tense and suffocating. 

 

 

Well, at least for me it felt that way. 

 

My father sat across from me in his big black desk-chair, looking so eerily still that if it weren’t for him blinking every once in a while I would’ve thought he was a statue.

 

I could only imagine what was going through his mind as he stared at me sitting on the opposite side of his desk, with a busted lip, and bruised knuckles from having socked Kris in the face during lunch. 

 

Our fight had caused quite a scene thus, drawing quite a crowd, one person in the crowd being a teacher who only saw a pile of guys fighting even though it was really just the rest of our friends trying to pry Kris and I off of each other. The teacher was going to take all of us up to the office, at first, but we explained to him that it was only Kris and I who were fighting, and that’s when the teacher had taken it upon himself to the both of us to my father’s office to be properly disciplined. 

 

My father had given Kris a "slap on the wrist" since he wasn’t the one who had actually started the fight and instead, let him go on to the nurse's office to get his bloody nose taken cared of. However, for myself, I knew my father wouldn’t be so lenient.

    

Right now, his marble black eyes remained on me, hard and cold, matching the expression of the rest of his face, making me feel highly uncomfortable. It wasn’t a look any kid ever wanted to receive from their parent. In fact, it made me keep my eyes downcast, feeling hesitant to look at him directly, so I focused them on his wooden desk, instead.

 

I heard my father gulp, hard before he finally decided to speak after a long period of extremely unpleasant silence, and in that moment I knew he was about to grill my for dinner.

 

“So,” he started in a tone so eerily calm, it actually made me feel more nervous than I already was despite the fact that nothing had even happened yet. “What excuses do you have to say for yourself now?” 

 

I wasn’t sure on how to answer for he had just confused me. He was speaking calmly but his entire demeanor screamed that he was furious. It was this variance in behavior that made me wonder:  was that a rhetorical question? 

 

I had a feeling that if I did, indeed, try to respond with an excuse my father would reach over his desk and choke me out. I could tell he was seriously that mad. But with the way he was looking at me expectantly like he wanted a response, I figured I was supposed to answer. 

 

“I’m sorry,” I blurted immediately thinking it best to just begin begging and apologizing, hoping he would be merciful if I did. “I didn’t mean for anything bad to happen. Kris and I were having a bit of a heated disagreement about something and things just kind of…escalated…”

 

I paused, momentarily, in my rant, trying to detect my father’s emotions, but he was a man kind of hard to read. He just sat there staring at me, both his arms propped up on his desk now, his hands covering his mouth, and his fingers laced together in front of them, making it so that I could really only see his eyes. 

 

When he didn’t say anything but just continued to stare at me, I figured that was my cue to continue. But boy had I been wrong.

 

“I didn’t mean to—” I had started only to be cut off, immediately. 

 

“I don’t give a damn about you getting into a fight, Jongin,” he said gravely as he removed his hands away from his mouth and placed them down flat on the desk, so I could see his full face now—cold and rigid. “I care that you got into a fight in public in front of everyone.”   

 

He was fixing me with a glare hotter than a thousand burning suns right now, while I stared back, wide-eyed. It was my turn to gulp, hard now, but unlike him, earlier, I did so out of nervousness. 

 

“I don’t know what to do with you anymore,” he continued berating me, his voice venomous. “What part of ‘keep up the family image’ do you not understand? You’re not like the other students, Jongin. You can’t mess up or goof off and lately, you’ve been screwing that up, completely.”    

 

I stayed silent as he continued to reprimand me. 

 

“For a moment there, after how well you had done during that meeting with the superintendent, you actually had me thinking that you were finally coming around to take on your responsibilities to contributing to this family’s progress, but once again, you’ve proven me wrong.”

 

He rubbed at the rim of his nose like he was stressed.  

 

“I swear, sometimes I wonder if you do these things on purpose,” he admitted. He then looked back up at me. “Is that what you want, Jongin? Is that what you are doing? Are you trying to mess up me and your mother’s plans?” 

 

I bit my lip not knowing what to say, but it turns out that I didn’t have to say anything because my father scoffed, harshly, immediately after he’d asked. 

 

“No, wait,” he changed his mind, suddenly. “Why am I asking you? You don’t know what you want. That’s why I have to make all your decisions for you.”

 

I winced. He was really digging into me today. 

 

My father’s heated eyes landed on me again. “You need to get with the program, Jongin and you need to get with it quick because if not then I’ll have to force you to…starting with sending you to Korean Military Academy for college.” 

 

I immediately felt my heart rate start to speed up at the mere mention of Korean Military Academy. It was a university that I wanted absolutely nothing to do with after high school was over, but that was what my father wanted for me. He thought the university would help “build my character” as he always put it, but I begged to differ. 

 

Four years of military boot camp, fixed schedules, drill sergeants barking out orders at me, heavily supervised social activity, gated communities, and absolutely no females of any kind would most definitely not help “build character” at all, but would rather just turn me into another robot who could only respond to orders (which is probably what my father truly wanted).

 

So basically, life at Korean Military Academy was most definitely not what I had in mind for life after high school.       

 

Then again, truth being told, I really didn’t have a for sure plan of what it was I wanted to do after I graduated high school. It was something that bothered me every once in a while whenever thoughts of my future crossed my mind. I knew that whatever I did would always be for the sake of the Kim family and that my father would make sure that I lived up to it well, so I never really thought about what I wanted to do since I knew that everything was already planned out for me; however, I did know what I didn’t want to do, and attending Korean Military Academy was definitely it. 

 

I had told both my parents this when my father had brought it up for the first time back during my junior year. At the time, having attended nothing but all-boys’ schools for my entire life made the idea of having to attend yet another all-males school for university, too, absolutely dreadful. Then the co-ed academy had happened, opening up a new world of possibilities for me, especially with the fairer and I didn’t want to go back to such a limited and restricted world. 

 

Although it was what my father wanted for he thought it would make a “true man” out of me, my mom had said that if I really didn’t want to go then as long as I had a plan, she would support me in whatever else I wanted to do. But this was just the problem. I hadn’t come across anything that I knew I wanted to make a career out of, neither did I have any idea of what field I would be interested in studying.

 

Nothing in school had ever kept my interest all that much. I just did what I was supposed to do in order to get a good grade, but I felt no passion for science, or English, or history, or, math or any of it. Athletics was the only thing that I considered interesting enough, but despite how much I enjoyed playing different sports I knew I wasn’t necessarily scouting material. That meant it looked like my father’s plans to make me attend Korean Military Academy were going to come true. 

 

But I really didn’t want that and having my father bring it up again as a threatening consequence if I didn’t mold to how he wanted me to behave made me panic.           

 

“What?” I blurted, taken by surprise at what he’d just insinuated. “But mom said…” 

 

“I don’t care what your mother said,” my father snapped back before I could even finish. “In fact, I’m glad she’s not here right now. I think she baby’s you too much.” 

 

I watched as he then proceeded to turn around in his chair, before standing to start going through the cabinets of the cupboard behind him. I could tell our little meeting was coming to an end. Now that he’d thrown out this ultimatum about forcing me to attend the military university if I didn’t get my act together, there wasn’t really much left to say. 

 

I sat back in my chair, and slouched down, feeling very much deflated now. I watched him as he lifted out a large stack of printing paper from the cupboard, then turned back around to let it slam on the desk.

 

I flinched.

 

“I mean it, Jongin,” he said seriously, staring me in the eyes. “I don’t want to hear another thing about you getting into any kind of trouble and messing up this family’s reputation. Do I make myself clear?” 

 

It might be because I now felt too mentally drained to care, but looking him in the eyes no longer unnerved me the way it did at the beginning of this meeting with him.    

 

I nodded. “Yes, sir.”  

 

“Now go on,” he excused finally, returning his attention back to the copy paper. “I have to start printing out the field trip slips for this bonding experiment your mother is trying to get approved.”  

 

After that, I got up and left without another word.

 

On the walk back to class, I bitterly kicked a rock all the way there. 

 

I felt like the day just couldn’t get any worse, but I would later learn that this wouldn’t be true. In fact, it was about to get a lot worse…

 

 

 *

 

It was night time now and I was lying down in my bed, in the dark, listening to depressing music, just hating life in general. So far, the last few weeks had been disastrous. What originally seemed to have started as just a partnership between Minji and Kris to complete the English project Ms. Johnson had given us, had eventually come to be a true “friendship” between them. They were hanging out more and more these days that extended beyond just time together in our English class. I saw them together between classes, during lunches, after school, during weekends—or basically, all the ing time. It was like they were attached at the ing hip! 

 

In fact, over the last couple weeks, Kris had pretty much stopped hanging with the guys to hang with Minji and her friends, Chaerin, Dara, and Bom—which I found rather queer of him to be doing. But I wouldn’t expect anything less from Kristina. Damn Kris and his sensitive side, getting all the girls, Minji included. 

 

I don’t know what she saw in his girly . I was always under the impression that girls liked bad boys, not girly asses like “Kristina.”

 

…Unless she was actually into that sort of thing…

 

Girly guys, that is. 

 

Was Minji into girly guys? , I didn’t know. I never asked about her preference in guys. But with how she was always giggling, and joking, and playing around with Kris these days, I would say she most definitely was into his type…which sickened me, to be honest. 

 

Suddenly, thoughts of the guys teasing me about being in denial of my feelings for my ex co-president started to flood my brain. 

 

Staring up at the ceiling, I released a long sigh. I couldn’t go on ignoring it forever, especially not after what had happened with Kris during lunch earlier today. 

 

The mere thought of him and what he had said about Minji caused the heat in my chest to flare. 

 

That er! I cursed him in my head. Kris had pretty much confirmed all my worst nightmares regarding him and Minji’s relationship when he had said those things about her. I had been watching them for weeks, keeping a particularly close eye on Kris to make sure he wasn’t getting too close, but then he’d turned around and said those things, pretty much proving that despite my determination to keep his hands off Minji, that he was already doing that very thing!

 

How dare he try to imply that Minji was some little type of nymphette or something. Saying that he was ing her, and implying that she actually liked it and that they did it all the time! Like, how was that even possible? I know they’d been hanging out a lot recently, and I knew they seemed to like each other a lot, too, based off what I witnessed. 

 

I saw the way they made eyes at each other during class, and the way they flirted around on campus, and how they used “studying sessions” like the one they had recently had in the library as an excuse to hang out in private when the rest of us weren’t around! That’s why I had caught them off guard with a little surprise I had paid some young freshman to do for me. 

 

Having gotten the news from Tao who is Kris’ roommate, that the two were in the library, I had made Baekhyun come with me so that I could have a reason to go there and keep watch on them, but just what was it that saw when I walked in? Kris and Minji all huddled up close to each other like two little lovebirds! 

 

They thought they could sneak around and no one would find out? They couldn’t fool me! That’s when I had found some freshman also studying in the library and told them I would pay them 20 bucks each if they helped do something that would cause the two to have to separate. The kids had agreed and I had given them a big red slurpy drink to spill on Kris, but I told them to make it seem like an accident. My plan had worked out well. Kris’ white polo had been drenched in red liquid and he and Minji had had to cut their little date together, short.   

 

However, that was only one strike. Even despite what I had done, the two were still practically attached by their waists (both hypothetically, and now, according to what Kris had said, literally, as well).

 

But Minji couldn’t be that into him already where she was boning him incessantly, could she? Not that I knew anything about her life, that is, or, if she had one at all. 

 

I mean, she very well could be boning him incessantly. I really didn’t know. But it just didn’t seem possible. I may have not known Minji for very long, but I knew she was the good girl type. Her best friend had even said so…

 

Then again, Kris had said that the “good girl” thing was an act, and I’d heard plenty of stories about girls who were sweet and nice in public, but freaks behind closed doors. It was practically every young man’s dream to find such a girl who would be a good girl in public but a total kitten only for him whenever they were in the bedroom.   

 

It’s just she had never seemed like the type of girl who would be willing to just do it with any guy. She seemed more like the type of girl who would hold out for someone special. Whether it be a long-term boyfriend that she really loved, or even her future husband. She seemed like the girl who would want more than just but for it to actually mean something special or be beautiful, or whatever girls imagined their first times to be like. 

 

But with the way Kris described her it sounded like they just ed like animals! I still couldn’t believe he had said what he had about her. Even if it was true and she was a freak in the bed, it wasn’t anything for him to be going around bragging about, neither was it appropriate for him to be talking about her that way. 

 

I sighed again, still staring up at the ceiling.

 

I brought my still bruised knuckles up to my face to examine them. I knew that right hook I had given Kris meant something more though. I had done it without even thinking! I just knew I hated the way he was talking about her, then next thing I knew my fist was ramming into his flawless face.  

 

But the question was, what was she to me for me to feel that protective over her? 

 

In my bed, I laid there and thought about the answer to that question for a long time before I finally had to just admit it. I bit my lip.        

 

I’m not sure when it had happened. These…feelings I had…I don’t know when they started to develop. I mean, I had always found her attractive. I had thought so from the first time I had landed eyes on her when she was marching across campus with her friends following in tow and I had chosen her as the girl for Kris (which I now knew was one of the biggest mistakes I had ever made).

 

Her hair, which had been maroon at the time, had lain so delicately against her perfectly pale complexion. Lovely, crescent moon eyes that disappeared whenever she graced people with that straight, beautiful smile of hers. A natural face that looked so young but because of the wise brain lying beneath it, held a certain maturity to it beyond people of our years. 

 

Oh

 

And let’s not forget about her body which was a work of pure art itself that would have any artist, on his knees, begging her for the chance to recreate it with his own hands. To this day, I still got hot whenever I thought about Minji in that tight little outfit Yoona had forced her and the other girls into for her kissing booth.  

 

Those hips, those thighs, those lips, those eyes…and that !  

 

Unf...

 

I felt my mouth starting to water, and I swallowed hard. 

 

The images of her from that day were coming back to mind so clearly and I felt my heart start to thump harder underneath my chest. This was a really bad time to be getting . I was supposed to be moping in the dark and being depressed about the outcome of my life thus far, but here I was now watching a tent form through the waistband of my sweatpants.

 

 

I bit down on my bottom lip as I watched my nether regions begin to spring to life. It seemed "little Kai" wanted some attention. Some Minji attention, that is.

 

I swallowed hard again going back to staring up at the ceiling as I thought about my current dilemma. There was only one way to take care of this right now...

 

But I couldn’t… 

 

But maybe I could…

 

After all, I was alone… 

 

I mean, Sehun was down stairs with the rest of the guys playing a video game, so…

 

I closed my eyes. I would feel hella guilty for this later, especially since I knew I had no right to be thinking of my ex co-president this way, especially since she wasn’t mine to be thinking about this way anyway but, oh, the struggle...

 

I was only human.

 

Maybe I could make this quick. 

 

Pushing all feelings of guilt aside for the moment, I let my head flood with the images of Minji in that blue, and white uniform with the knee high socks. I imagined her perfectly plump, red-glossed lips and how they had matched her hair pulled up in that cute little bow. I remembered her being playful with me for the first time ever, when she’d stuck her little pink tongue out at me and how that had gotten me all excited. 

 

I pictured her exposed, flat tummy, and, my favorite part…the hot pants that cupped each cheek of hers so perfectly (way too perfectly) and how they had exposed the white creaminess of her thick, toned thighs.

 

"Little Kai" immediately twitched at the memory. Oh, how I wished she was here doing this instead of me using my own hand. But I also felt happy with what I was about to do. I’d been holding these feelings in for a very long time and being able to just relish in them for a change was extremely satisfying.   

 

My hand, which had already been moving south of my body was just beginning to reach the fabric of my pants. I pulled at the drawstrings to loosen them a bit before slipping my hand underneath them. I was just beginning to touch "little Kai" when—

 

*rattle* *rattle*

 

My heart stopped. 

 

The sound of the door knob to my room was now rattling like someone (who I assumed had to be Sehun since he was my roommate) was trying to get in, and instantly, all my lusty thoughts of Minji, vanished.

 

“,” I panicked. I withdrew my hand from my pants immediately and rolled over, so I could pretend to be sleep. Literally, a second afterward, the door was opening, and I heard someone step through. 

 

“Gee,” I heard the unmistakable voice of Sehun say upon entering. “I hope I didn’t just interrupt something totally depressing.”  His voice was laced with sarcasm as he said that, probably taken aback by the current state of the room which I had enveloped in pitch black due to the light being off and the ballad music still running in the background. 

 

I stayed in my lying position but lifted my head up to look at him standing in the doorway, the light from the hallway brightening up our dark room. 

 

He then closed the door, making the room dark once again before speaking again. 

 

“Dude, why are you listening to this sad music in the dark?” 

 

I let my head fall back on the bed, and grunted. I was a bit upset that he’d just ruined my…personal time

 

A moment later and my eyes were suddenly bombarded with bright light, thanks to Sehun switching the light back on. He then walked over to the stereo to turn it off before coming over to my bed. 

 

Thank God I had already covered my still taut nether region with my blanket. The last thing I needed was Sehun seeing my standing upright and eager for attention because he would for sure ask about what had caused it, and there was no way I could tell him the truth. 

 

He would tease me to no end, then go run back downstairs, tell the rest of the guys, and they would all laugh and joke, and tease me about it all for the rest of the night, and probably the rest of the school year. 

 

“Man, what’s wrong?” He asked staring down at me from the edge of my bed. “Talk to me. When I left earlier, you didn’t look like this.” 

 

The only reason he’d missed the fact that I was visibly upset was because when I’d come back to our room earlier, after the end of the school day, Sehun was just leaving so we barely saw each other longer than a few seconds. We’d exchanged a few quick words, him asking me if I wanted to go play Street Fighter with him and the rest guys, but I’d turned down the offer and he’d shrugged and kept on going. 

 

That’s when I had decided to turn the stereo on and let the sad ballads of 4men fill the room before plopping in my bed for the rest of the evening to sulk.

 

I let a hand run down my face now. With a sigh, I began explaining to him why I was upset (but I left out the part about Minji). 

 

“My father was a little more than angry when he found out about the fight with Kris earlier today,” I confessed to him. “Now he’s threatening that he’s going to send me to Korean Military Academy if I don’t shape up.” 

 

“Headmaster Kim!” He gasped, shocked. “He’s going to make you attend an all-boys military school?! Like where they march around all day, barking out drills, obeying commanders, and worse, no girls!” 

 

He gasped again before plopping down on the edge of my bed. “Dude, now I totally understand why you’re depressed. That !” 

 

I nodded. 

 

“Man, Sehun, my life is so ed up right now,” I lamented to him. “This was supposed to be my year—our year—for all us guys, but I’ve royally ed everything up. I’ve completely ed over Minji. Kris’ and I’s friendship is completely ed. I’ve ed over practically the entire senior student body… and now, thanks to my father, the rest of my life is going to be ed up too…” 

 

Sehun didn’t say anything but seemed to mull over what all I had just said. I then finished my lamentation with a question that had been bugging me a lot as of recent. 

 

“How did it come to be that everything I touch turns to ?” 

 

Suddenly, Sehun began to chuckle, and I have to say I was mildly offended by it. I was confiding in him, so why was he laughing? Then again, this was Sehun. There wasn’t too much that he ever took seriously. 

 

When I gave him a “what the ” look, he coughed, stifling his laughter. 

 

“Dude,” he said good-naturedly. “I know you’re upset, but what do you think lying here in the dark, moping about everything is going to do?” 

 

I blinked as I thought about it. That was a very good question. 

 

Sehun smiled at me. “If you don’t want to up anymore, then just stop ing up. Get up and fix the things you’re unhappy about.” 

 

“How?” I questioned back. “I’ve messed everything up so bad I don’t even know where to begin to make amends.”

 

“Man, would you stop acting like such a ?” Sehun said and I glared at him. “You’re the senior president of one of the most elite schools in the nation. Just start acting like it.” 

 

I sighed. It seemed easier said than done.

 

He got up. “Now come on man. Ditch this lame loner pity party you’ve been throwing and come down with the rest of the guys.” 

 

“Uh…” I hesitated, thinking about my still present hard-on. “I’ll be down in a second. I’m just gonna take a quick shower.”

 

Sehun nodded. “Alright man. I’m going back downstairs. You good?”

 

I nodded. “Yeah.”

 

After Sehun grabbed what he needed and left the room, I glanced back down at “little Kai.” 

 

“Let’s get this over with,” I told him…   

*   

 

After my shower, I was feeling much better by the time I got downstairs. The guys were all hanging out in the lounge, many of them glued to the large plasma screen, playing Street Fighter 5 on the Xbox. It seemed Sehun, self-proclaimed, king of Street Fighter, had just beat Chanyeol in some tournament. 

 

He was bragging about his unbeatable skills. 

 

“Who’s ya daddy?” Sehun bragged causing the others to laugh. “Who’s ya daddy?” 

 

I had found it funny, too, laughing as well, that is, until I caught sight of Kris sitting in one of the lounge chairs, off to the side, tinkering with his phone. He must have sensed me staring at him because he looked straight up at me, catching eyes with me and the moment we did my entire mood changed from content to ire.  

 

He had stared back at me with his signature stoic expression, acknowledging me with one scan up-and-down my frame before returning his attention back to his phone. This had irritated me a bit. It was like I wasn’t even worth the time of being angry over.  

 

But I chose to ignore him for the night. The rest of the guys were having a good time and I didn’t think they wanted another fight to break out. I would be fine as long as he didn’t talk to me, and stayed at least twenty feet away at all times.  

 

“Hey Kai, wanna play?” Chanyeol asked me now as I entered further into the lounge room. 

 

“More like, wanna get whooped?” Sehun corrected, sarcastically, obviously still tooting his own horn at his superior gaming skills. He then made a whipping sound while proceeding to slap a pretend, invisible . 

 

I snatched the game controller from Chanyeol. “Let me beat this fool real quick so I can shut him up.” 

 

I was pretty good at Street Fighter, too, and had even beat Sehun plenty of times even though, out of the two of us, he still held the record for most wins. 

 

“Bring it on, playa!” Sehun had challenged back, causing me to chuckle.  

 

The moment I had taken hold of that controller, the night was filled with raucous noise from us cursing and degrading each other while trying to beat the other. It always got like this when we got competitive while playing video games. But I know this was the case for a lot of people. I don’t know what it is about video games and competitiveness that brings out people’s ability to say the vilest things to each other. 

 

“Sehun!" I yelled in frustration. "Stop doing that old move you little hairy ball er!”

 

I was referring to his lack of ability to come up with different combos to make new moves other than the few he always stayed in comfort doing. He kept slamming me down with this one body slamming move that I couldn’t properly combat. It was especially annoying because he’d done it to me like 50 times in a row.    

 

“You know who else likes to hairy balls?” He asked me, now, lecherously. “Your mom! She was on mine last night!”

 

“Only in your own ing twisted, erted dreams,” I said back. Believe it or not, but Sehun actually used to have a crush on my mom.

 

In a matter of a few more minutes, I was laid out on the ground, my character defeated. 

 

“BAM!” Sehun exclaimed, overjoyed. “Take that, !”

 

I launched the controller at his head in response, to which he avoided with a duck. Lu Han picked up the controller and turned to Kris.      

 

“Hey Kris, you writing a book on your phone or something?” He asked, sarcastically. “You’ve been glued to it all night.”

 

Kris shook his head. “Nah, Minji just keeps texting me about our project since it’s due this week. The girl really wants an A.”

 

I frowned the moment I heard Minji’s name come out of his mouth, but I stayed cool.  

 

“Well, do you want to try and beat Sehun?” Chanyeol asked. “He’s roasted everyone one of us so far.” 

 

Kris shrugged, getting up to take the controller from Lu Han. “I don’t see why not. I’ll just…” He suddenly paused in his speech and looked down at his phone which appeared to be vibrating. 

 

“Oh…wait, this is her,” he said. “I should probably take this.” 

 

He handed the controller back to Lu Han.

 

“Saved by the bell, huh?” Sehun . “That’s alright. I’ll whoop your , too, later.”

 

Kris just chuckled and walked away, looking like he was heading outside...which I personally, found rather suspicious. 

 

If he was just talking to her about their project then was that really necessary of him to leave and have a private conversation outside with her over? Then again, I guess since with all the noise in the lounge thanks to the guys screaming while playing the game he probably wanted to be able to at least hear her over the phone, but couldn’t he just talk to her in another room? Why go all the way outside? 

 

When the guys went back to the game, I got up, claiming that I was going to go “get a drink,” but really I just followed after Kris out the dorm’s front doors. When I stepped outside, I rounded the corner. That’s when I spotted Kris off on the side of the building in the ground-level patio of the dorm, sitting down at one of the tables.   

 

Now, I didn’t know what I was in for the moment I decided to eavesdrop on his conversation with Minji, but the moment I heard her voice come through the speaker of Kris’ cell phone, it made me regret ever having introduced her to him on that fateful, first day of school. 

 

“Why did you take so long to answer?” I heard her ask, clearly, in upset. Kris seemed to have put her on speaker phone.  

 

“Sorry Minji-baby,” he cooed in response and I scrunched up my face in disgust once I had heard it. Minji-baby? Just great. Two seconds into the conversation and I was already trying to hold back from vomiting. 

 

I also realized that this meant all of my suspicions about them being together were, indeed, true. They really were an item and for some reason, they were choosing to hide it from us all. So this was why Kris had really chosen to have the conversation outside... 

 

But as I continued to listen in, I would soon learn that there was even more reason for them to have a private conversation as it took on a much darker turn than I ever imagined possible. 

 

“It’s just that you called while I was with the guys,” Kris continued now. “I couldn’t let them overhear us on the phone. You know how our phone conversations usually get…”

 

I frowned in curiosity, wondering what that meant by that. Boy. Let me tell you, I was about to find out…

 

Suddenly, I heard Minji giggle. “Oh yeah, I had a lot of fun last time with you saying all those…y things to me through the phone. I couldn’t keep my hands off myself…”

 

The confusion in my head ensued as I puckered my lips. That’s when I realized what I had just heard her say and I flinched. 

 

Wait, what? 

 

“Yeah?” Kris asked now, sounding rather intrigued. “Well, you weren’t the only one who felt that way. Your y had me touching myself, too.” 

 

My mouth fell open in shock. I was beginning to understand where this conversation was going. And now I understood why Kris needed to leave the building in order to have it. 

 

Just what the hell was he talking about?! Touching himself where exactly?!  

 

“Kris…” Minji said sounding coy. 

 

“I really like it when we do phone ,” he continued, bluntly, and if it were possible, my already open mouth got even wider. “Remember our last session and what I had made you use that strawberry for?” 

 

I gasped.

 

What. The. .

 

This was way worse than I had even imagined!!! This was way worse than when I saw them together on campus, or in class, or in the library. How was it possible this was actually happening?!!!

 

I pinched myself for reassurance that this was all just a really bad dream, but unfortunately, the pinch confirmed that I was awake, and this was all very real. 

 

“How can I forget?” Minji replied now. “I didn’t even know strawberries were considered an aphrodisiac until that night. You really taught me a lot about my body.”

 

“I wish I could introduce your body to even more things,” Kris said, his voice now taking on a deeper tone than usual. “And I’m not talking about fruits…” 

 

After that he paused to let his words linger in the air and I heard Minji moan through the phone.

 

I winced.  

 

Oh…

 

I was going to kill this er. 

 

Kris released a long sigh. “It’s just too bad that that’s all we can do since boys and girls can’t be in each other’s dorms after seven o’ clock.” 

 

“True…” Minji agreed. “But, you know what they say about rules. They are made to be broken. What if you came over right now?”

 

“How?” Kris asked, curiously. “It’s way after seven and what about the guys?” 

 

“Tell them that we’re just going to be working on our project together and ask them not to say anything,” Minji told him. “I’ll leave the door unlocked so that you can sneak in. I’ll be getting ready for tonight while you do.”

 

Kris smirked in response. “You really want your man to come over to your dorm tonight, don’t you?” 

 

“Yes, Kris. I’m so for you right now!” She proclaimed passionately and I swear a little part of me died on the inside when she had said that. “Bom’s having an all night movie marathon with Chaerin and Dara in their dorm right now so I have the entire dorm room to myself. Imagine what an entire night alone will be like? We could have way more fun than we do over the phone.”

 

I saw Kris grin as he looked up at the sky like he was imagining all the possibilities and I had the sudden urge to go over there and slam my fist into that grin of his to turn it into a bloody mess.

 

“Damn,” Kris professed with a low growl. “When you talk to me like that I can’t say no.”  

 

“Oppa, I want you so bad,” I heard Minji moan suddenly, and I swear I almost started to cry. What the was she calling him oppa for?! Kris wasn’t even a full year older than her! I listened in horror as she continued to pant, sounding hot and bothered. “I need you right now. Even just thinking about you makes me wanna—” 

 

“Alright baby, I’ll be over in just a minute,” Kris said, hurriedly like he couldn’t stand being away from her when she “needed” him so badly. “I’ll ditch the guys and tell them that we’re going to be working on our project. Then when I get there, you and I can work on our own little project together…all night.” 

 

“Make sure you bring supplies for our project, Kris,” she said suggestively, causing me to imagine what “supplies” meant. 

 

“Oh, I’ll bring supplies alright,” he replied back, just as suggestively. 

 

“You do remember what my floor and dorm room numbers are, don’t you?” She asked him.  

 

“Of course, we’ve had enough study sessions together that I remember,” he said. “Third floor, room number eighteen.”

 

“That’s the one,” she replied in a sensual way. “I’ll be waiting for you, oppa.” 

 

“I love it when you call me that,” he said grinning ear-to-ear like a madman. Then with that, the conversation was over and he hung up before looking down at this phone, and I heard him gasp, “Man, what a woman!” 

 

When I saw him get up to leave the little balcony, heading back towards the building, I quickly dashed off to the side, behind a bush so that he wouldn’t see me. 

 

I noticed there seemed to be an extra pep to his step as he walked back in like he just couldn’t contain his excitement for what was to come. I, on the other hand, stood there frozen solid, in complete and utter disillusionment. I couldn’t believe what all I had just heard!

 

Minji…and Kris…doing phone ? Minji…and Kris…gettin’ busy? Minji and Kris…grinding groins? Boning? Doing the nasty? Popping cherries? Or basically, ing each other?!

 

No. This couldn’t be right. There was no way this could be right...Right? 

 

I mean, I knew Kris and Minji liked each other a lot but…she wouldn’t—she-she…

 

I gasped as the realization dawned on me all at once. 

 

“MINJI-AH!” I suddenly cried out in a desperate whisper. “ANDWAE!” 

 

Shaking my head in denial, I cradled it in my hands. “HAJIMA!” 

 

I wanted to sit there and cry a puddle of big fat crocodile tears all night, but the only problem was that I knew sitting behind a bush moping over it wouldn’t do any good. Kind of like what Sehun had told me earlier about moping in the dark.  

 

And that’s when I knew…

 

I had to do something… 

 

* * *

 

Okay, I decided to go with an "M" rating for this one. It’s not even all that bad, but, you know…just in case.

So, there it is! Kris and "Minzy's" (Chaerin) phone call. How'd you think it went? I actually think it could’ve been a bit dirtier for laughs, but I only wrote what felt the most natural. I didn’t want to go too off the wall for their characters. 

Oh, and what about Kai’s “personal moment” in the bed? At least he’s finally coming around to accept his feelings...

Anways, Minzy’s POV is next!

I'll be working to get it up soon.

And thank you so much new subbies: Faith_Lee, AlluringPiggy, Carolz8, gwenmontealto, and cyrano. I'm happy you all have hopped on board for the roller coaster ride of this KaiMinzy fic. 

Thank you for all the support and comments.

C ya all later.