Gong Minji

If I Fall, You're Going Down With Me!

*

GONG MINJI

*


”Duct tape?” Yoona calls out while reading from the checklist in her hands.

 “Check!” a very excited looking Jiyeon, who sits in the crowd along with the rest of the senior girls, confirms. I think she’s probably the only other girl here that could equally match my desire to get the boys back. After all, she was the one who had had to deal with the humiliation after she passed gas loudly in front of our entire English class. And then the boys had to go and film it on camera and then put it on the internet.

From across the room, I could see Jiyeon’s lips spread into a wicked grin as she eyes down the rolls of duct tape in her hands, probably because she knew exactly what we were going to do with them.

Oh yeah, I thought. She’s definitely ready for payback.

“Red paint?” the sound of Yoona’s voice calls again, drawing me away from my thoughts.

“Check,” answers another girl in the group.

“Rat traps? Golf balls?”

Check. Check.

“Ok, good,” Yoona says, nodding satisfactorily. She then searches the group of girls until her eyes land on who she wants. “Oh, and Sooyoung, you will be handling the hidden cameras?”

Sooyoung raises one of her many camcorders high in the air and nods assuredly while smiling. “I’ve got it all covered.”

“And what about the walkie-talkies?” Yoona now asks. “Did we get those?”

Chaerin and Dara both raise their hands. “We got ‘em!” they chant at the same time.

“Great!” Yoona says with a delighted smile before making some more marks on the checklist. “Now the only thing that’s left is the sleeping gas.”

Ah, tonight was the night.

Tonight was the night that I, along with the rest of the senior girls, was going to wreak havoc on the boys’ dormitory. Tonight was the night we were going to make them pay; to make them regret ever having pranked us in the first place. We were going to prank them so bad, that even their future grandchildren were going to be able to feel the humiliation!

*Evil Smirks*

Now, we just had to make sure there wouldn’t be any possible chance in us getting caught. That’s where the sleeping gas is supposed to come in. But Suzy was taking care of that; we just had to wait for her to give us the “OK.”

And to think we had all just been kissing the senior boys a couple hours ago, and now here we were getting ready to prank them. We sure did fool the boys well, alright! They’d never see this one coming. Better yet, my co-president would never see this one coming.

It actually hadn’t taken too long for me to feel better after I’d thrown up on Jongin. In fact, I felt a whole lot better after I did.

The girls had rushed me to the nurse who then had given me some antacid to settle my stomach. She then offered me to stay and take a nap but I figured I could do that back in my own room, plus, I didn’t want to waste any more time. The girls and I still had to get the stuff together for the prank, so I just told the nurse that the medicine made me feel much better and that I’d go to my dorm to sleep it off, but really, I had my friends meet up with me so that we could go off campus to get what we’d need.

We’d split ourselves up into two groups and each and every one of us had something we were responsible for. The girls of Group One were the lookouts so they had the responsibility of making sure that the girls of Group Two (the group I was in) who were doing the assembling the prank, didn’t get caught.

The lookouts would be stationed all around campus, as well as around the dormitory so they could warn us if any staff members or teachers were coming. Most staff members that lived on campus were generally asleep by now, but we just wanted to be extra sure.

We also had girls stationed around the both of our female dorm advisor’s rooms just in case either of them woke up in the middle of the night. Sometimes, they liked to do surprise dorm room checks just to make sure we were all in by curfew. With everyone stationed in different places around campus, this was the reason we had the walkie-talkies, so that we could all communicate with one another. Of course, we could’ve just used our phones to communicate, but it seemed like it’d be more fun to use the walkie-talkies, plus, they also made it feel more like we were spies on a real mission. 

All us girls of the second group would be doing our dirty work inside the boys’ dormitory. I decided, with my artistic skills, as well as with Bom’s help, that I was going to draw all over the boys’ bathrooms. We were going with a “Jigsaw” theme from the horror movie “Saw,” and then, we were going to use the duct tape to replace the toilet tissue in the bathroom stalls. Just imagine the hilarious possibilities of a dormitory full of boys who all have runny diarrhea but there is not one single roll of tissue in sight…

Oh, those poor boys.

Anyways, earlier this evening, we’d called for a final meeting in the girls’ locker room so that we could make sure we were all ready for tonight. That’s why Yoona was going down the supply checklist and making sure every girl knew her job. I just sat back, quietly but still dignified, like a Queen proudly watching all of her loyal subjects.

Now that everything and everybody was ready, we were all just waiting for our cue which we’d receive through text message. Suzy (the science enthusiast) had mentioned that she had “sleeping gas” that rendered anyone who inhaled it unconscious. Like I said before, we couldn’t risk any of the boys finding out about the prank; the last thing we needed was to run into any of the guys while we were sneaking around in their dormitory. For that reason, we decided to have the freshman boys (who were both small enough) go into the vents and unleash the sleeping gas cans into them.

Apparently, it takes a while for the gas to spread throughout the vents and all over the dorm, plus, the guys have to breathe it in for a certain amount of time before they actually start to get drowsy. Suzy had gone out to get the job done about half an hour ago. Now all we had to do was just sit back and wait patiently.

*

Buzz. Ring. Buzzzzzz. Riiiiiiiing. Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Multiple buzzing sounds as well as ringers filled the room as all our phones went off simultaneously.

I tapped open the message:

                462d034d2b6779e4c37c281b67df0dda1581536. 

We’d finally received our cue from Suzy. That meant the sleeping gas had spread throughout the dormitory, the boys were knocked out and the coast was clear. That was all we needed before making our next move.

Standing up, I wrapped my face mask around my head to cover both my mouth and nose just like the rest of the girls; we didn’t want to breathe in the gas when we were in the boys’ dormitory.

We all huddled together in the center of the locker room the same way a football team does before a big game.

“Alright ladies,” I say to them, grinning beneath my mask in anticipation. “It’s time for payback!”

*

We stealthily trot across campus in the wee hours of the night, dressed head-to-toe, all in black, like ninjas. The lookouts stationed around campus help guide us until we’re finally inside the boy’s wing of the senior dormitory.

We all know our jobs so there’s no need to waste time. There were three floors in the boys’ dormitory wing, just like the girls’ with one bathroom on each floor, so eight of us had already agreed to work on each one (that allowed at least two girls to work on each bathroom).

Since Sooyoung was the best with cameras, she’s responsible for hiding them in undetectable sights, but still in places that will still capture the boys the next morning.  

The rest of the girls divided into groups for filling the hallway floors with the traps. Some would start at one end of the hall, while the others would start at the other end and they’d fill the hall until they met up at the bathroom. Once the hallway was filled with the traps, we wouldn’t be able to go back out without risking setting them off, so we’d all have to exit the bathroom windows in order to get out the dormitory. 

The girls on the second and third levels would have a harder time exiting since they would be higher up, so some of the lookouts, stationed outside, made a safety net and positioned it where the girls would exit out from the bathroom window so they could jump in it.    

Bottom line was we each knew our part in the plan for the prank.

With Bom following close behind, I head straight for the first-floor bathroom, but because the lights have been shut off (so that we remain invisible in the dark), it’s nearly pitch black inside except for the moonlight that shines through the windows. This is the only reason why I’m able to see anything at all as I make my way through the dorm. We could’ve used flashlights, but we thought lights would draw too much attention considering at night, the security guards watched the security cameras that were stationed all over campus in shifts. If they saw anything strange like a bunch of lights flashing through the monitor, they would definitely come to check and see what it was.

So we’re still cautious while navigating through the boys’ dorm. Somehow, even though I know the boys are all unconscious (thanks to the sleeping gas) I’m still a little nervous about being in their side of the dormitory. It wasn’t like I had never been on the boys’ side before but that was back when the academy had still been all-girls; after all, before it was theirs, it used to be the junior girls’ dorm. However, the nervousness I feel about being caught by security combined with my uneasiness of being in the boy’s dorm makes me a little jumpy. In fact, I’m so jumpy that my heart nearly lurches out of my chest when my foot unexpectedly steps on something.

“Ah!” I gasp in horror immediately flinging backward, bumping into Bom.

“What? What is it?” Bom whispers from behind me, but I don’t answer because I’m not sure what it is.

Squinting my eyes through the darkness, I make out what appears to be a leg…and then the leg leads up to a torso, and then, to a chest, to a neck, and at last, a face.

It’s just a boy, I finally realize and relax. But it’s not just a boy, it’s a sleeping boy.

Apparently the sleeping gas had hit this boy while he was walking through the hall because he’s laid out in the middle of the hallway, completely knocked out. For a second, I think about moving him because I know the girls are planning to fill the hallways with rat traps, and that his body would only get in the way, but then I realize how much better it would be if they just placed the traps around his body.

He’d wake up the next morning to quite a surprise!

For that reason, we go on ahead for the bathroom and pull out the duffel bag once we’re inside.

0abfc00a75c336ed74e50fe78dd2eb121581536.While Bom removes all of the tissue rolls from each stall, and throws them into the duffel bag, I replace each roll with a roll of duct tape. I get crafty with my artistic skills and draw Jigsaw on the toilet seats. On the duct tape rolls, we’ve written the question: “how desperate are you?” so that when the boys wake up to use the bathroom, they know they are in for trouble. It doesn’t take us too long to get the job done—maybe about twenty minutes or so.

After I finally finish up with the last stall, I exit only to see Bom assembling something together in the corner of the bathroom. From what I can tell it appears to be a little Jigsaw doll like from the movie. I walk up behind her, staring at the white-faced, red-cheeked, suit-clad creepy looking doll.

“What are you doing?” I ask. 

“It’s got a camera in his eye,” she says as she pitches the doll up against the wall and leaves it to hang. She steps back to admire her work. “I made the doll, but Sooyoung put a camera in his eye to film the guys like they did to us.”

I frown thinking this isn’t a very good idea. “But they’ll notice it.”

Bom’s smiles. “Well yes, but see this camera is linked up to one of Sooyoung’s webcams. All we have to do is save the footage. Even if the boys find the camera and destroy the doll, we’ll have already filmed and saved everything we need.”

I glance back at the doll, and shrug right before the door to the bathroom opens.

“We’ve finished setting the traps on the first floor!” Yoona whispers enthusiastically as she enters with some of the other girls following in behind her. “The boys are so going to regret the day they messed with us!”

“And the other floors?” I ask referring to the girls working on the second and third floors above us.

Yoona nods and raises up two thumbs. “All done!”

Great. The only thing left to do was make like Elvis and exit the building, which wasn’t really all that hard for us on the first floor. It was the girls on the second and third floors that had to jump from a high window. Some were a little nervous but we still caught them all. However, convincing the last girl to jump was a little more difficult.

“I’m afraid of heights!” she whispers furiously out the third-story window.

“Dara,” I groan looking up at my terrified friend from my position on the ground. “Why’d you even agree to go up there?”

She shrugs sheepishly. “I don’t know.”

“Dara-ah,” Bom tries this time. “All you have to do is aim for the target! We promise to catch you!” Bom was referring to the net the girls were holding to catch those who jumped. So far, every girl had landed in it just fine, but Dara was still scared.

“Yeah,” I agree. “Just pretend like the net is Kim Soo Hyun’s arms and that he’s going to catch you once you land.”

This comment gets the girls instantly laughing.

Kim Soo Hyun, the actor and celebrity, had been a crush of Dara’s ever since he had played in one of those dramas that both she and Bom liked watching so much; in fact, they often fought over which guys from each drama were better looking. I figured she’d have no problem jumping if she’d see a cute boy once she landed.  

Dara smiles and nods, finally agreeing to come down. “Okay. Here I go…”

From the ground, we all watched as she placed one leg on the sill of the window before following it with the other. She then closed her eyes, pushed herself out the window and went soaring through the air. But everyone was ready to catch her, and when Dara’s body landed safely in the net, everyone cheered—quietly, though.

“Woo!” she exclaims. “That wasn’t that bad.”

We all laugh as the next few minutes is nothing but quiet celebration, that is until we get a call from the walkie-talkies and everybody halts.

 “Girls, girls!” The voice through the radio says urgently. “Are you listening?”

“What is it Chaerin?” I reply.

“Dude, our dorm advisor has come out to do dorm checks! You all have to come back now!”   

And that was all any of us needed to hear. Immediately, we all ran across campus at lightning speeds, headed straight for our dorms before our dorm advisor could notice that any of us had been out.

At least the hardest part was over. The prank had been a success! The only thing left to do was wait for the prank to unfold the next morning! 

 


The girls have offically striked back! Poor boys have no idea what awaits them the next morning...

Just a warning, the next chapter is waaaay longer than this one.

But the drama isn't over yet; the next chapter holds more!