Part 2

Things Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
AUTHORS POV 
 Eunyoung clutched her phone tightly in her hand as she looked around and deliberated on just dying right here in this spot. She was speechless, stunned. 
 "Hello? Eunyoung-ah?" Her voice completely vanished as she heard his voice  utter her name. She could not believe how amazing it sounded in his voice. She couldn't speak at all. "If you're still there... Just listen. I'm saving your number in my phone. I will call you in an hour to tell you where I am. Meet me when I call you. I'll see you soon, Eunyoung-ah." With that his voice disappeared and she was still sitting there in shock. 
 ~~~~~~~~~~  
 Chanyeol grinned as he saved her phone number into his phone. Her voice was still the same as he had remembered. He looked down at his manager whom was safely held down by Chanyeol's body. "Thanks Hyung!" He grinned and ran from his manager, making sure to ignore the curses his manager might have thrown at him. Chanyeol though for a while on where to meet her. He could play it safe and have her come to the SM building, or he could take a risk by going somewhere public. He ruffled his hair in thought. What should he do? Without thinking he sent her a text telling her that it was his number and shoved his phone back into his pocket before running to the practice room just around the corner of the hall. He should get to practice. He was already late. 
 ~~~~~~~~~~ 
 An hour has passed and Chanyeol was taking a quick shower before heading out to meet Eunyoung. He had her suitcase ready by he door and had even checked it to make sure there was no damage to it. He was happy beyond belief that he was going to see her. He didn't even know why. Maybe he just wanted to thank her and apologize for what happened to her that day in the airport. Maybe he wanted to be her friend. He wasn’t entirely sure. He quickly got dressed and was grinning as he grabbed her suitcase and left the dorms. He ignored the stares of the other members and left the building, pulling his hoodie up over his cap and setting his sunglasses in a comfortable position.                                                 He was walking on air as he made his way to Cheonggyecheon. It was a public place. He had been hesitant at first, knowing that somehow his fans would find him there. But after careful consideration, he thought that people would be too busy doing their own thing to pay attention to a single person with luggage. It would be the perfect place for them to meet and talk. 
 As he walked he carefully carried the luggage in one hand and his phone in the other, ready to call Eunyoung to tell her where to go. As he came to a coffee shop, he decided to go inside and order something since it was a chilly night. As he waited for his order, he called her. After the third ring she answered. 
 “Hello?” Her voice made him smile. 
 “Eunyoung-ah. It’s Chanyeol. I’m about five minutes from Cheonggyecheon Stream. Meet me at the start. Do you know where it is?” There was silence on her side of the line. He became worried when she didn’t reply to him right away. She, on the other hand, was fangirling internally. She was still in disbelief that the Park Chanyeol had her luggage. She was in shock that he had actually wanted to meet her in person when he could have easily just had his manager give it back to her. 
 After a minute, just as Chanyeol was about to ask her if she was still on the line, she spoke. “I-I know where it is. But… Why a public place? W-Won’t we be seen? Won’t you get in trouble?” She was sincerely worried for him. Even though this was a dream come true, she did not want to ruin his career, or cause rumors. Rumors were a idols worst enemy. She did not want to be responsible for that. 
 He gave her a small chuckle and replied without hesitation. “It will be fine. Trust me. If anything, just wear a hat and a hoodie. People will be too busy to notice us anyway. I will see you soon?” She replied by humming confirmation and he smiled again. “See you then, Eunyoung-ah.” 
 Her heart was racing as she looked at her phone screen. She was actually going to meet her ultimate bias. She gasped as a strange thought came to her mind. “Is this… a… a d-date?” She found herself burning in embarrassment as she shook the thought away. He was just returning something that she had lost. He is only going to hand me my luggage and leave. And if he doesn’t leave first, then I will.” 
 She nodded and then turned to her closet to change. She had not much left since the majority of her clothing was in the luggage that Chanyeol was currently in possession of. She let out a sigh and looked around. Maybe she should wear Byungjoo’s clothing? One of his shirts, his jacket, and a hat, while she would just slip on some leggings and her boots. She was grateful that he constantly came over and left his clothing at her place. Today it saved her. Otherwise she would have had to wear a cocktail dress and heels. She shivered at the thought and quickly got dressed. She grabbed her keys, wallet, and cellphone shoving them into her cross body leather bag. She tugged on the snapback that she had gotten for Byungjoo’s birthday last year and left her flat. 
 Chanyeol was now just a minute from the stream’s start and he found himself becoming excited. He would finally be able to meet and thank his savior in person. As he came to the top of the stairs, he gazed down at the other people in the recreation space. There were families walking in the evening breeze, and couples enjoying the scenery. There were also business people bustling by on their cellphones, eyes on their watches. He found himself smiling as he descended the stairs. He had not been able to come her much. During his trainee years he had come here to play his guitar, and he enjoyed it. He had come here with Dara on their third date, back when he was still infatuated with her. It was here that he realized that they were not meant to be. He just had a feeling, and he knew that it was true. 
 As he reached the bottom of the stairs he let out a deep breath and gazed at the water of the stream. Multicolored lights illuminated it and made it seem magical. Eunyoung was just coming down the stairs on the opposite side of the stream. She had only ever come here in the daytime, never at night. Now as she gazed at the sight, she regretted it. She had been in this wonderful city for almost a year and she had never seen the beautiful sight. As she stared at the sight, opposite her Chanyeol was pulling out his phone to call her. 
 As her phone rang, Chanyeol’s singing voice sounded. She almost jumped and she looked in her pocket to grab her phone. She didn’t notice that Chanyeol was staring at her in disbelief. She must really be his fan. He thought that it was cute how she had his voice as her ringtone. He chuckled and watched as she pulled her phone from her pocket and looked at the screen, the light illuminating her features. His breath caught in his throat as he watched her. He shouldn’t be feeling this way. Not about a fan. Not when he was in a relationship with Dara. 
 Eunyoung bit her lip to keep herself from smiling as she looked at her phone. She quickly tapped the screen to answer it and lifted it to her ear. When she didn’t hear his voice on the other line, but many background noises she bit her lip once again. “Chanyeol? I am here. I am just by the start of the stream. Wh-where are you?” As she spoke she looked to her left and to her right. There was no sign of him there. Then she looked directly across from her to be met with Chanyeol’s figure. She could tell it was he immediately, despite the fact that he was wearing a hoodie and a snapback. 
 Her breath stopped and her heart quickened as her eyes met his. For some reason she just didn’t care that he was dating Dara. That fact didn’t exist. Even Byungjoo didn’t exist to her in that moment. It was strange how in this moment she felt as though Park Chanyeol was attainable, yet he was unattainable. Her thoughts were reciprocated in his mind as well. He felt as though Eunyoung was the only one in the world. He was no longer an idol. He was no longer Dara’s boyfriend. He was just Park Chanyeol. 
 After a while of just standing still, Chanyeol cleared his throat and spoke. “I-I will come over there. Stay put.” She just nodded, knowing that he could see her clearly and watched as he grabbed her luggage and jogged down a ways until he reached the rock path that cuts across the stream. He carefully made his way over and in a few seconds found himself beside Eunyoung. She had, by then, put her phone back into her jacket pocket and was staring down at her feet. 
 They were silent and neither one of them knew whether to wait for the other to speak or to speak themself. After a minute, Chanyeol broke out in a smile and tried to relieve the awkward air. “It’s nice to finally meet you in person. Here is your luggage. I wanted to personally thank you for what you did in the airport. You’re not hurt are you?” His voice was laced with concern as he tried to get a glimpse of her face below her hood and snapback. Eunyoung found herself smiling as she looked up at him and nodded. 
 “I am fine. You do not have to thank me…” She was shocked that her voice sounded this steady. She was a trembling mess on the inside. He just grinned at her and looked at her with smiling eyes. As he took in her appearance his smile almost disappeared. She was wearing boy clothing. He could easily tell by the size of the jacket on her small frame and how the hat dipped far lower on her head than it should have. He didn’t know why but he became sad. He pushed the feeling aside and gave her a dazzling smile that sent a shiver run down her spine. 
 “Here is your luggage! I am sorry that I couldn’t get it to you sooner… I did not have your contact information…” He found himself kicking the ground as he rubbed his neck. She found this one of the most adorable and attractive things she had ever seen. She shook her head and reassured him that she didn’t mind. He smiled down at her. He wanted so much to spend the next hour with her just talking. She seemed like an interesting person. As she was about to speak, her phone rang, this time with a different ringtone. It was the voice of her boyfriend. 
 “Eun-ah, jagi~ Answer your phone~” His voice was sing-song like and accompanied by a few guitar chords. Chanyeol found this annoying and wanted to take her phone from her to make it stop. Eunyoung quickly fished out her phone and without having to look at the screen, answered it right away. 
 “Oppa. What is it?” She spoke softly, aware that Chanyeol was listening. She felt a bit sad as she came back to the reality that she was no one compared to Chanyeol. The only one that should matter to her is Kim Byungjoo. 
 “Hi baby! I was just wondering if you wanted to go see a movie. You are home, right?” Eunyoung almost wailed out in protest but chose to be calm. She bit her lip and turned a bit away from Chanyeol as she replied. 
 “A-Actually I am out right now, oppa. I will be home soon.” She heard Byungjoo make an “ah” sound over the phone. 
 “I can just come meet you. Where are you?” She stiffened slightly and glanced back at Chanyeol whom was acting as though he had something very important on his phone. But in reality he was paying every bit of his attention to her conversation. In her way, she knew that too. 
 “I am… out with a friend. I will be home soon. Just wait for me at my flat.” She prayed that he would agree. 
 “Okay, jagi. See you soon. I love you.” He sang to her in a sweet voice and she smiled. 
 “I love you, too. See you soon, oppa.” With that, she disconnected the call and turned back to Chanyeol. She didn’t want to just leave. He had come all the way out here just to give her back her luggage and she was going to leave him out here in the city. She couldn’t do that to him. She couldn’t leave him just like that. “Chanyeol…” 
 He looked at her and gave her a smile. It was as though he was saying that she could leave. Like he was saying that she didn’t have to stay. But she didn’t want to end everything like that. “I have to go… But, can we meet here again sometime? When you’re not busy? I want to repay you for bringing me back my luggage.” She spoke evenly, and gave him a smile. 
 He was a bit taken aback, not expecting her to ask that. However, in a second he was nodding in agreement. “How about in a week?” He asked her with a bright smile. She agreed instantly and they found themselves enjoying each other’s smiles. 
 “I’ll see you then…” Eunyoung waved to him and grabbed her l
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter