Chapter 3

High Profile | Hiatus

“Lily”

“Don’t even say anything.” Lily says with a raised hand as if to say whatever excuse you have, save it.

“I was on the phone with T and next thing you know I was at the coffee shop, quick question. Why do you look like a frizz ball, girl didn’t you do your hair?”

“Uh, yes but I have been standing out here for like ten minutes and you know what the humidity does to my hair. Can we just go?”

“Yes, we should get going. Arie and Weylie are already there, have you met Weylie yet?”

“No, but I heard she’s supposed to be a dancer or a YouTuber or something.” Lily says while smoothing her hair back into a ponytail.

After the short drive we pull up to the coffee shop (or in my case back up to the coffee shop!)

“Hey don’t scratch the pink paint job” I say to Lily

“My bag just scraped it a little, there is not even so much as a smudge on your perfectly detailed car.” Lily says sarcastically

I squint my eyes at her letting her know that the last comment was not welcomed, me and Lily walk into the coffee shop where we see Arie and Weylie. Weylie is waving her hands enthusiastically at us from the patio of the coffee shop to alert us that they had moved outside.

Lily pulled me aside “why is she so happy?” 

“I don’t know, she was like that earlier.” I said 

“We’ll have to watch her.” We say at the same time 

We order our drinks, an iced mathca latte for me and plain iced coffee for Lily with just a pinch of cinnamon, we take our seats at the table after greeting each other and before beginning our investigation of Weylie. 

“So how long have you been in Korea?” I ask directing the question at the  newest member of our little group

“Um, not very long, I just got here about a week ago.” Weylie says

“Are you and Jay living together?” asked Lily

“Oh, ani ani!” Weylie says waving her hands back in forth in tiny motions. After a few more questions I finally say what I think truly needs to be said.

“Look, the other girls are sweet and kind,they will beat around the bush a little bit to get what the answers they’re looking for. Me on the other hand, I’m blunt and straight forward, what are your intentions with Jay?” 

“Is that really any of your business” 

Arie steps in “It kind of is our business, we all happen to care about him very much.”

“Well if you must know, Jay and I are just trying to get to know each other, I’m not trying to get to him for his money or his fame. I would just like to get to know Jay.”

I start to wonder if me and the girls (well mainly me) were wrong for questioning Weylie’s intentions, she seemed like a sweet girl but you never know. 

“We’re all finished with our coffee, do you want to head out shopping now?” 

We all agree that we are ready to leave and go shopping, we push in our chairs, me and Lily head to my car and Arie and Weylie are a few steps behind us. 

“Nice bag, a Birkin right?” Weylie ask me while gesturing to the bag

“Yes, your boyfriend bought it for me.” I reply as I step out of the coffee shop with Lily

“Lily, you and Weylie take my car, I want to talk to Arie about Weylie.”

“Your trusting me with the queens pink chariot” 

“Another sarcastic comment and yes I am so there better not be even so much as a speck of dirt on it.” I say 

“Arie, I’m riding with you and Weylie is riding with Lily.”

Arie gives me a blank stare as if to say what? Then she gives the same stare to Lily

“Yes, I’m letting her drive my car, I need to talk to you”

“Sure, let’s go!” Said Arie 

We get into the cars and head to our next destination, shopping at one of our favorite spots for our favorite thing, makeup.