Chapter 9

High Profile | Hiatus

“You let that girl talk to our baby?” I say to Jay 

 

“Keep your voice down she is sleeping, and yes I let her talk to Jayla. I mean if Weylie and I continue dating she is going to eventually meet her so why can’t she talk to her?”

 

“Maybe you are talking about some other little girl named Jayla but the little girl in back seat of this truck will not be meeting Weylie.” I say pointing to the back seat

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I don’t want that thing around Jayla, not to mention if it weren’t for her me and T. would’ve been fine.”

 

Before Jay and I can go any farther with our argument my Mom interrrupts us “Jay, Erika, you two haven’t seen your daughter in months and this is the chaos you bring this baby all these many miles to be in the midst of? Discuss this amongst yourselves when Jayla isn’t around.” As much as I want to continue this battle of words, I must admit my Mom is right and I end my argument with Jay.

 

“Since I have a house here, why don’t we just all stay there for the Summer?”

 

“Well I would love that but that girl is going to be there and I really don’t feel like Jayla should be around h-”

 

“Erika! Stop it!” My Mom says from the back seat as she covers Jayla with a blanket.”

 

“Whatever, we’ll stay at your house. Just make sure your ragamuffin doesn’t pop by while my Mom and my baby are there.”

 

Jay rolls his eyes at my reply “Did you just roll your eyes? I am serious Jay I don’t want her there!”

 

“Okay, Okay! She will not be there. We’re here”

 

We pull up to Jay’s mansion, It was quite impressive but then again why wouldn’t it be, I helped him pick it out. It was 8 bedrooms, had an indoor and outdoor pool, a sauna, Jay’s man cave, and of course a space for me even though I didn’t live there. I designed every part of this house from the kitchen to the foyer, even Jay’s office and studio here, he was so busy with one of his business ventures when he bought the house. He left the design up to me, even though I designed all of the house with care, the one room that got an extra special touch was our daughters room. Jayla’s room had a small waiting room, straight off from there was her walk in closet, next to that was her bathroom and down the short hall in her room was her actual bedroom. Of course everything was pink and frilly, just like Jayla, well minus the pink part! Me, my Mom, Jayla, and Jay got out of the truck and went into the house, Jay and I walked Jayla up to her room and put her in her bed so she could finish her nap.

 

“Oppa, can I please have the keys so I can go home and get my stuff?” 

 

“I haven’t heard that from you in a long time, are you okay?”

 

“Can you just give me the keys Jay?”

 

“That sounds more like it.” Jay says as he tosses me the keys

 

“I have told you do not toss anything at m-” Before I can finish my sentence I feel my Mom grabbing my arm pulling me to the door. “Let’s go Erika.” My Mom says

 

“I will be back in a minute.” I say to Jay as I leave the house.