Housemates

If you were not here...............

Chorong's POV

 

I wake up from the sleep when the sun rays enter the room. I open my eyes and walk into the bathroom. I take a bath and go out of the room to have breakfast.

I enter directly to the dinning room. To my surprise, there is nothing on the table. Usually, she made coffee and bread or she buys something for me. But there is nothing for today.

That's weird.

May be she is too happy last night and going crazy??? Aish~~~ It can't be. But I can't say anything. This is Yoon Bomi we are talking about.

I decide to skip the breakfast and I walk to living room to watch some TV programme.

" What is that thing!!! "

To my another surprise, I saw something, no, no, someone one the couch. I am afraid at first but I suddenly remember the pjs.

" Yoon Bomi?? "

What is she doing at this hour??? Shouldn't she be at work now???

I think and walk towards her. She is sleeping on it while grabbing her phone in her hand.

" Pabo. What is she doing while grabbing her phone in her sleep??? "

I said and decided to wake her up.

" Yah! Yoon Bomi, wake up."

"..."

" Yah, Yoon Bomi "

I said but there is still no reply. I moved closer to her and slapped her.

" Yah!! Umm??? Yah, Yoon Bomi. Yah, wake up!! Yoon Bomi!! "

" Unnie?? "

" Aish, you are burning hot. Are you ill??? "

I ask but she shakes her head.

" No, I'm ok. "

" What ok??? No. Not ok. Why you want to be stubborn. Come on. Get up. Let's go to my room."

" It's really ok, unnie. I will sleep more and then I will be ok."

Awwww, she is so stubborn.

" But it is cold here. And uncomfortable. Come on. I can't carry you. Get up. It is cold here."

I say and place my hand over her forehead. She has a high fever. Why she slept in the cold weather without blanket???

" Get up~ "

I said and she stared at me. I looked back at her with pleading eyes as I felt bad for her. It is all because of me. I sent her to sleep on the sofa for almost a month. That's all because of me.

" Yoon Bomi, get up now."

I don't want to shout at her. How can I shout at a girl who looks at me with round eyes??? So I make my own voice as soft as possible.

She sighed and get up slowly. I hold onto her arm and take her to the bedroom. Her whole body is sweating and she is walking weakly.

I put her on the bed and go to the bathroom to take some clothes of hers.

" Yah, change your clothes. I'll go to make something for you to eat."

I throw the clothes on the bed and about to go out when she stops me.

" Unnie."

" Hmmm??? What do you need??? "

" No. I just want to make sure that I am dreaming or it is real."

" Pabo. Stop being talkative and change. I'll be back."

" Arasso~"

She said and tried to get up from the bed to change. I went into the kitchen and looked for something to eat. But there is nothing. Aish~~~ I am going crazy. What I should feed that ill girl???

" There is no rice. Ahhhh, I don't know. I will just make ramen."

I said to myself and made ramen. I put egg to the ramen as she seems weak.

I put the ramen in a bowl, put it in the tray and carried it to the room. When I enter the room, I saw Yoon Bomi sleeping on the bed.

Cute~

I thought. At that time, the phone on the table in the living room rings. I quickly ran to it to answer it as I don't want Bomi to wake up.

I saw the caller ID.

" Eunji?? "

I decided to answer it and before I heard anything, I heard a loud yell from the other line.

" Yah, Yoon Bomi!!! Where the hell are you??? This is already 11:00am. You know this is a work day. Don't stick around to your unnie!!! "

" Ho... Ummmm... This is Park Chorong."

I said and the other line went silent.

" Hello??? "

" Aww, sorry unnie. Sorry. I think you are Yoon Bomi. Sor... Sorry. I... I'm Jung Eunji, Bomi's friend."

" Yes. She is ill and now sleeping. You can leave the message to me. I will tell her when she is awake."

" It's ok, unnie. I just call her because she didn't show up to work today. Please tell her that I called when she wakes up."

" Yes. Ok. I will tell."

" And unnie, please take care of her."

" Don't worry. I will."

" Thanks you, unnie. Thanks you. "

" Yes."

She waits for me to hang up first so I hang up. Hmmm, she is nice. A friend of Yoon Bomi can be that nice??

I thought but I remember that I have to feed Bomi so I go back to the room. She is still sleeping. I sat on the bed and slapped her arm lightly.

" Bomi??? Bomi??? Yoon Bomi?? "

" Ummm..."

" Bomi, wake up. Eat this."

I said and she opened her eyes. I help her to sit on the bed.

" Here."

I give her the bowl and she weakly takes it. And she starts to eat it herself but she finds difficult to eat it.

" Yah, Yoon Bomi. Why you can't even eat by yourself??? Give me. Give me. I'll feed you."

" Unnie, it's ok."

" You have to take the medicine. But you can never take it if you are eating like this. Give me."

I said and take the bowl from her.

" Say ahhhh~ "

I feed her and she eats all the ramen. She emptys the bowl within five minutes.

" Hmmm. Good girl."

I walked to the drawer and put out the medicine.

" Hold on. I will go get the water."

I said and walked in the kitchen to take the water. I gave her the water and watched to meake sure that she swallowed the medicine.

" Fine. Lie down. And sleep well."

" Unnie, I made you busy. Sorry."

" Tis is no need so sleep. Let me touch your forehead."

I pressed my hand on her forehead and it's still hot.

" The fever is not dropped. I will go get the wet towel. Sleep now."

I said and put a blanket on her. I walked into the bathroom to find a towel. I sink it in the basin.

" This Yoon Bomi is a good girl. I thought she will refuse to take the medicine. "

I ran back into the room and she is now sleeping. Immm, I shouldn't wake her up. I slowly and gently put the towel on her forehead.

" Immm. Now sleep."

I whisper and about to leave the room when her cold hand grabs my wrist.

" Don't go unnie."

" Yah, Yoon Bomi."

" Please. Don't leave me alone."

I turned around to see her. She is looking at me with her half closed eyes. I sighed and sat in the bed.

" Fine. I will stay. So sleep now."

" Promise?? "

" What's wrong with you??? Ok. Promise."

I said and she is satisfied. She closed her eyes again and I sat there, watching her sleep.

Bomi, sleep well and get well soon.

 


Bomi's POV

 

Ahhhhhhhhh

my head


It's hurt.

I can feel something on my forehead. It must be the towel that Chorong unnie put. I look at.the clock on the table and it shows 9:00 pm??? Oh, I have slept the whole day!!!

Talking about Chorong unnie, where is she???

I tried to get up when I notice that there is someone lying beside me in a weird position. Ooh, Chorong unnie???

Chorong unnie!!!

I get up quickly and walked to the other side of the bed. I feel bad for unnie as she is lying half on the bed and half on the floor. Ahh, it must be because of me.

I sighed and move gently her body on bed. Awww, unnie seems she is so tired. She doesn't know I am moving her on bed.

I put the blanket on her body and walked to the bathroom. I wash my face to fresh. Immm, better.

" Bomi??? "

Umm? Someone calling??

" Yoon Bomi??? "

Yes. I clearly hear the calling.

" Bomi-ya, where are you?? "

Oh, that's unnie.

" I'm here, unnie."

" Bomi-ya."

I was about to go out from the bathroom when she opens the door and enters.

" Bomi-ya?? Oh, you are here?? "

" Unnie, wae?? "

I ask and her face red all of a sudden. She stutters and while.

" No. I... I wake up... and you are not in the bed so... I look for you. "

" I'm here as I want to make fresh. Wae?? Are you worried for me??? "

" Me?? Worry?? No... No... Wh... Why would I?? I'm... I'm not.. wor... worrying."

" Stuttering is my work unnie."

" Yah, stop being talkative and get out from here. I have to use bathroom."

" Ok."

I said and came back to the living room. But she follows me and said.

" Hey, you are not well yet. Go back to the bed."

" But unnie, where you will sleep??? "

" I'm ok. Now go back to bed."

She said while putting her hands on her waist. She is so cute. How can I reject her gentle and soft command???

" Ok."

She smiles immediately and takes my hand.

" Come~ Come~ Come, baby~~ "

She sings and I widen my eyes. She just calls me baby?? Omo! Omo!! Omo!!!

" What are you doing?? Come~~~ "

I was dragged to the bed and she gently threw me onto it.

" I will sleep outside today. Call me if you feel unwell."

" But unnie, you will catch a cold."

" No, I am not you."

" Don't. Sleep here. Together."

I said and she looks at me.

" But- "

" Come on unnie. I promise I will do nothing. If I lay a finger on you, you can kill me."

" Yah, don't say like that."

" Come, unnie."

I pad the space beaide me while I move to the edge of the bed.

" You can have this big space as this is your bed. I will just lie down here."

" immmmm... Sure."

She said and lied down at the opposite edge. She then put the blanket over both of us.

" Sleep well, Yoon Bomi."

" Unnie~"

" Yes? "

" Why don't you call me Bomi-ya anymore??? "

" I... I... Well, you want to call me like this??? "

" Yes. Yoon Bomi is so cold for us. I mean we are living in the same house. I know you hate me. But the way you call me my name Bomi-ya is a thousand times greater than Yah! Yoon Bomi."

I said and she chuckles.

" Unnie, is there any funny word??? "

" Yah, Yoon Bomi. Are you really asking this question??? "

" Wae unnie?? "

" Don't act innocent Bomi-ya."

" You call me Bomi-ya????? "

" Don't ask me another time Bomi-ya."

" Oh no."

I said and I can't believe my ears. She calls me softly. Ahhhhhhhhh, I can die from excitement.

" Now I call you as you like so please shut up and sleep now."

" Unnie, can I regard we are friends???? "

I asked and she thinks for a while.

" Well, kind of. We are not friends yet but housemates."

" Housemates?? "

I whisper. I don't like this title but I have to follow what she wants.

" Ah, talking about friends, your friend called Eunji called in the morning. I told her that you are sick and she hang up. I think she is normal unlike you."

" Unlike me?? So you mean I am abnormal??? "

" Not abnormal. Stupid and strange."

I pouted due to her answer. She sighed and switched off the table lamp.

" Fine. Let's sleep now. You will be better when you wake up."

" Immm."

I said and closed my eyes. I was trying to sleep but I can't. When the room became quiet, I realised that we are lying on the same bed under the same blanket and that thought makes me shy.

I don't know how much time has gone by but I still can't asleep yet although I don't hear any sound from unnie. May be I was sleeping too much in the afternoon???

When I am about to get up and take some water, unnie suddenly moves closer to me while her arm is putting on my chest.

Ahhhhh

I was surprised and don't know what to do. At that time, unnie leg was thrown on ny legs and trapped me under her.

I widened my eyes due to this position. Unnie is hugging me from side. That's so dreamy!!! I never imagine that I can have this kind of day in my life.

But I don't dare to move an inch. What if she wakes up and moves back to the side when she wakes up due to my move.

My whole body becomes sweaty and my heart beat becomes faster.

I slowly moves my left hand and put it on unnie's hand. I slowly caress it and she moves closer to me.


Awww


I can die from happiness.

 

 


Sometimes, being sick is the best.