Late Night Phone Call

It's Just A Phase

June 16, 2015


A low buzzing noise interrupted Yixing's sleep. Letting out a groan he reached over and picked up his phone. His eyes had barely adjusted to the bright light and he squinted trying to see who was calling.

Kyungsoo.

"What the hell?" He mumbled before sliding the answer option and the phone call connected.

"Kyungsoo do you have any idea what time it is?."

The line was silent for a few moments but Yixing could make out a few sniffles from the other line. He immediately sat up no longer tired.

"Are you crying? What's wrong? Is your father okay?" Yixing's mind was racing along with his heart.

"Dad is fine. Jiyong broke up with me." Kyungsoo managed to get out in between tears.

Yixing let out a sigh of relief and ran his hand through his messy hair.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart. What happen?"

"I took him to Paris for our anniversary. He would always talk about this place and I thought it would be a good idea you know?"  
 
Yixing could hear Kyungsoo's voice cracking and it broke his heart.

"Everything was going fine. He was in the shower and his phone kept ringing and I ignored it. I didn't want to go through his things I trust him. We trust each other. But then the person started texting him and I thought it had to be important. Yixing I read the messages! He was cheating and I was so upset but I love him so much I thought we could work past it." 

Again Kyungsoo took a moment to cry.

"It's okay take your time. I'm here."

"I confronted him about it. He told me he fell out of love with me and didn't know how to tell me. He loves this other person and was planning on breaking up with when we got back to Seoul. I don't understand Yixing. I did everything right. I tried my best and I love him so much."

"I know I know. You probably don't want to hear this right now but anyone willing to put you through this doesn't care about you. He's an and I think you dodged a bullet with that one." 

Yixing sighed not sure on how to soothed the boy over the phone.

"Are you back in Seoul?" He asked.

"I'm still in Paris at the hotel. He's already left."

With his phone still to his ear Yixing got out of bed and started to get dressed.

"Okay send me your address and I'll come pick you up okay? You can stay here with me I don't want you there all by yourself."

"No Yixing I don't want to interrupt your home space I can stay here it's no big deal." Kyungsoo started to ramble.

"Listen, I'm coming to get you and that's final. I'll see you soon."

"Okay." 

Yixing hung up his phone and slide it into his jean pocket. He quickly looked for his car keys unaware of all the noise he was making. The sleeping body that laid in his bed stirred and peaked his head out from the covers.

"Where you going babe?"

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you Hyunwoo." Yixing kissed his boyfriend on the lips. "I'm going to pick up Kyungsoo. You remember him? My son I mean stepson. He needs a place to stay for a few days before he goes back home."

"Can't he call his father?"

"Look I'll explain when I get back okay. Get your rest." He kissed him once more before walking out the door.

---------

long time no see :p