Ideal Type

Ideal Type

You smiled brightly at the camera, trying hard to look your best for the audience. Being an idol you had been on several variety and talk shows before and you always had a lot of fun. This time you were on a show with an older actor you honestly didn’t recognize and the guys from C.N.Blue, one of your favourite bands.

A while into the show the host began asking more personal questions and it got to the infamous ‘what’s your ideal type’ question.

“I think everyone knows my ideal type,” You told him jokingly when he asked you. It was no secret that you were dating Luhan from Exo, after a photoshoot together about half a year ago you had hit it off and been happily seeing each other ever since.
“Ah, but tell us anyways, ______-ssi.” The host prompted.

“He should be only a bit taller than me, with soft but handsome features. Very manly.” You added, knowing that’s how your boyfriend liked to be described. “He should also be good at soccer, fun to hang out with and have a great smile.”

“That almost sounds like you’re describing someone specific.” The host joked and you laughed with the others.

“Well then, how about you guys?” The host turned to the C.N.Blue boys. “Yonghwa-ssi, what is your ideal type?”

You listened to the boys answer the question with vague descriptions of beautiful, kind girls. That was, until it came to Minhyuk.

“My ideal type?” Minhyuk said. “Hm… I think my ideal type would be pretty, a natural beauty, and really sweet with long hair and a good sense of humour. Quick witted, passionate about her goals… someone like ______-ssi, I think.” He smiled at you and you didn’t know how to respond. No one had ever said you were their ideal type before but Luhan.

“Oho, does our Minhyuk have a crush on _______?” The host asked with a grin. “You don’t think her boyfriend will mind you saying that?”

Minhyuk laughed. “I don’t mean to steal her away, just that she’s a lot like my perfect girl…” He trailed off, realizing how that sounded, to everyone else’s amusement. The two of you were now blushing a bit and the host only increased the awkwardness by saying:

“You know, you sound a lot like her ideal type too. Just look at him, soft but handsome features, very manly, great smile. Are you good at soccer, Minhyuk-ssi?”

The host didn’t end it there, he also had you stand next to each other to show that Minhyuk was indeed just a little bit taller than you and then had you sit next to him for the rest of the show, saying you should give poor Minhyuk a chance to be close to his ideal type while he could and telling Minhyuk he should use this time to be nice to you and try to steal you away.

After the show you thanked everyone for their hard work and said goodbye, blushing a bit still around Minhyuk, before heading home. The show was due to appear on tv in two days.

 

***

 

“Lu-ge, I’m back.” You announced, walking into the living room. You had ran out to buy some snacks for the two of you, leaving Luhan alone in front of the tv in your small apartment. You found him sitting on the couch, glaring at the screen with a frown.

“Lu-ge?” You asked, looking at the screen to find they were showing that talk show you had been on with C.N.Blue. It was just at the part where the host was making you and Yonghwa switch seats so you were sitting next to Minhyuk, both of you blushing awkwardly while trying to laugh with the others.

Luhan looked up at you. “What the heck was that?” He asked, pointing at the screen.

“Oh, I was on that show the other day.” You told him, blushing slightly at the memory. “Minhyuk-nim carelessly said I was like his ideal type and the host wouldn’t stop teasing us about it. Minhyuk-nim actually apologized for it afterwards, saying he was sorry for making things awkward when he meant it as a compliment. He was sweet, really.”

“Sweet?” Luhan asked, pouting a bit.

Wait, was he jealous? He most definitely seemed to be uncomfortable about what Minhyuk had said and the situation it had landed you in. From the tv came the sound of the host telling Minhyuk to be nice and maybe he could steal you away, causing Luhan’s frown to deepen.

“Lulu, you know it was just a silly thing he said.” You told him, sitting down on the couch next to him and taking his hand.

“A silly thing that made you blush and act all nervous.” Luhan muttered. “You were that way around me when we first met too.”

Yup, definitely jealous.

“It was an awkward situation, not the same at all as when I met you.” You insisted. “Besides, Minhyuk-nim isn’t nearly as hot as you.” You added in a teasing tone, nudging Luhan. He still frowned at the screen.

You wondered what else to say to make him stop frowning. Although you thought Luhan was adorable when he was jealous like this you wanted to be able to have a good time on your date. Suddenly Luhan stood up, grabbed your hand and dragged you with him to the door.

“We’re going out.” He told you firmly.

“Out? Wha… Lu-ge you know we get surrounded by fans when we go out! It’s the busy time too. Where do you want to go anyways?”

Luhan pulled you in for a hug. “Anywhere you like,” he whispered in your ear, nuzzling your neck, “I just feel like getting some air, okay?”

“Okay.” You quietly replied, not sure what to make of this.

You quickly got dressed and followed Luhan outside. The moment you stepped out of your apartment Luhan’s hand was in yours and, as you walked down a nearby shopping street to get some ice cream, the two of you were quickly spotted by some fans.

“Lu-ge,” You said, smiling at one of your fans’ declaration of love but at the same time wishing you were inside snuggled up on the couch with Luhan, “Are you feeling better?”

“Much.” He told you with a smile, squeezing your hand. Several phones were raised around you, taking pictures of the famous couple.

Pretty soon the two of you emerged from the ice cream shop, cones in hand. Photos were still being snapped, the two of you usually didn’t go outside like this for your dates so it was a new experience. Still, you found you didn’t really mind. Privacy was nice but being allowed to walk down the street while holding your boyfriend’s hand was a wonderful feeling as well.

It’s possible to do this now, you thought happily as you ate your ice cream. The fans might have freaked out about your relationship at first but after half a year it seemed you could even walk outside together without getting nasty comments about it.

“_____, you’ve got ice cream on your face.” Luhan told you with a laugh.

“I do?” You quickly tried to wipe it away, not wanting to look silly in public. Luhan stopped you, smiling as he leaned in close and kissed the corner of your mouth. Your eyes widened in shock, suddenly you were hyper aware of all the camera phones pointed towards you.

“Lu-ge…” You muttered, blushing.

“What? Let them take their pictures. I don’t mind if the whole world sees this.” He pulled you in again, this time kissing you full on the lips. You were hesitant at first but eventually gave in to the kiss. Luhan tasted like chocolate ice cream.

You broke the kiss and realized a group of girls was squeaking close by, a mixture of excited murmur and laments sounding around the two of you. You blushed at this blatant show of public affection. There were probably already photos on the internet of your liplock.

Luhan didn’t seem worried at all, if anything he looked happier. Then you heard one of the girls standing close by say; “Aww, man! I was hoping she’d start dating Minhyuk-oppa so we’d have Luhan-oppa to ourselves again!”

You looked over at Luhan, saw him grin at the comment.

“Lulu, was this why you wanted to go outside?” You asked him, suspicions forming in your mind. He only grinned at you, putting an arm around your waist and started walking back towards your apartment.