Chapter 3

Two Less Lonely People
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Bom dragged her eyes open and stared dumbly at the white cloud enveloping her head. Her body felt as though it had been hit by a freight train, but, oh, man, was it a wonderful feeling.

It took her a moment to realize she was facedown on the pillow. She lifted her head, her hair falling like a curtain over her eyes.

Impatiently, she shoved it back and propped herself up on her elbow.

The bed was empty. Well, almost. At the end, her clothing was neatly folded, a nice subtle reminder that she was to depart as soon as she awakened. She wrinkled her nose. Jiyong certainly hadn’t stuck around.

She couldn’t even tell he’d been in bed with her.

No indention in the pillow. No lingering scent. No warmth. Nothing at all to indicate that they’d spent the entire night tearing up those wonderfully luxurious sheets.

With a sigh, she pushed herself up farther, holding the sheet over her s. Then she snorted over the realization that she was being unreasonably modest.

He’d made himself clear. He wanted no awkward next-morning encounters. She didn’t have to worry about him barging in unannounced. And even if he did, it wasn’t as if he hadn’t seen her s already.

Not only had he seen them but he’d them, kissed them, nibbled at them and worshiped them over and over.

A shiver stole over her and her skin prickled, her s hardening at the memory of just how hard and often they’d made love through the night. She’d be lucky if she could manage to dress herself and get down those damn stairs.

She was tempted to take a really long hot shower. Her last attempt at a shower had been interrupted, and, well, she’d just gotten sweaty all over again. Many times again after that shower with Jiyong. But he wanted her out and she wasn’t going to delay things.

She checked her watch and groaned. It was past nine.

She should have been up and out a lot earlier but she hadn’t drifted to sleep until well into the morning.

Nothing like wearing out her welcome.

She scrambled out of bed, wincing as all of her muscles protested the movement. Hell, she hurt in places she’d never even used before.

After pulling on her underwear, she slipped the dress over her head and put on her shoes, beating a hasty path to the bathroom to try to do something with her hair.

She had makeup in her purse but she wasn’t going to bother. She had no one to impress and the car would drop her outside her apartment.

After brushing the tangles from her hair, she twisted it into a loose knot and fixed it in place with a large clip she’d pulled from her purse. She perched her sunglasses on her nose, satisfied that she didn’t look like such a fright.

Taking a deep breath, she exited the bedroom and quietly walked toward the stairs.

She had no idea if Jiyong was even here, but the last thing she wanted to do was draw attention to her late exit from his bed.

She tiptoed down the stairs and when she reached the bottom, she was greeted by a tall, somber-looking man who was an indeterminate age somewhere around forty.

“Miss Park, the car is out front waiting to take you into the city.”

She winced. “I’m sorry. Has it been waiting long? I’m afraid I overslept.”

The older man smiled kindly at her. “Not at all. There’s no need to offer an apology. Come, I'll see you out.”

He offered his arm, but that was awkward so she pretended not to see and walked ahead of him toward the massive double front doors. She paused when she got there, suddenly realizing she hadn’t gotten her coat.

With a frown, she turned, only to see the man holding it open for her.

“Thank you,” she murmured.

No matter what Jiyong had said about it being a while, it was obvious she wasn’t the first woman he’d given such a spiel to. His butler or whatever this guy was had the whole process way too down pat.

She slid her ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter