curiosity is luhan's middle name

Hello, Ghost Boy

Sehun could feel the heat of the rising sun caress his skin. He stirred slightly and made a move to turn the other way, not wanting to meet the bright rays of the sun. Just as he was about to settle back comfortably, he felt a familiar sensation once again. Sehun muttered a few curse words before burying his face in his plush white pillow.

“It’s not good to swear.”

“Oh my gaah-!” Sehun instinctively rolled to his side, causing him to fall of the bed and land on the wooden floor. He groaned in pain, massaging his right shoulder gently. Now he was fully awake, and he was well prepared to tell off the thing that woke him up. Sehun pushed himself off the floor, his gaze never leaving the doe eyed boy’s figure. “What the do you think you’re doing?”

Luhan- Sehun remembered his name- merely blinked up at him innocently. “What does it look like?”

“Well it looks like you were watching me sleep.” Sehun crossed his arms, waiting for an explanation.

Luhan was sitting now, and was swinging his body slightly from side to side. “That is correct.”

Sehun raised an eyebrow at Luhan’s bluntness. “Why?”

Luhan shrugged his shoulders casually. “Because I like it. I like your face when you’re asleep.”

“My face?”

“Hmm,” Luhan nodded. “You looked beautiful.”

To say that Sehun was surprised was a complete understatement. He felt unfamiliar heat rise up to his cheeks, and it didn’t help that Luhan was crawling towards him either. Luhan met Sehun’s eye level and he peered closer at the boy’s face. Sehun wanted to push him away, but then he realized that he couldn’t. His hand would most likely go right through Luhan’s  body. So, Sehun simply stared back.

“Sehun,” Luhan began in a soft voice. Sehun swallowed. “You look sick.”

Sehun coughed loudly, causing Luhan to pull back. He then realized something. “Wait, how did you know my name? I don’t recall introducing myself.”

Luhan beamed. “I heard your parents talking about you.”

Sehun quirked an eyebrow and tilted his head slightly. “You were eavesdropping on my parents?”

Luhan rolled his eyes and sighed exaggeratedly. “Well you are going to be living in my house, so I figured I’d get to know you people a little more.”

Your house?”

“Yes.” Luhan held his head high snottily, a way he thought would intimidate Sehun. Sehun, much to his dismay, only found Luhan cute. “I’ve lived here for centuries. I’ve seen families come and go – some of them I sent away myself.”

“You scared them off?”

“Well, yes. They irritated me.” Luhan sighed and laid back down. “I’m still thinking about what I’m going to do to you.”

“Well you’re not going to scare me off, that’s for sure.” Sehun chuckled lightly, turning to walk towards his bathroom.

Luhan sat up once again. “Where are you going?”

“Well, it’s no use going back to bed now.” Sehun opened the door to his bathroom and flicked on the light switch. “So I might as well take a shower.” He turned to Luhan and waved a finger threateningly. “Don’t you dare peek inside while I’m showering.”

It was Luhan’s turn to blush now. “I would never!”


Sehun sighed contentedly as he felt the cool water run down his pale skin. The coolness was enough to awaken his senses. He opted to stay still under the running water, letting his mind wander. Eventually he started thinking about the peculiar ghost boy who was probably still making himself comfortable on Sehun’s bed. And because he could do so, Sehun wondered how long Luhan had been a ghost.

Normally, ghosts went right through everything. But the longer they stayed in the human world, the more they found the energy to touch things – to move things. Kind of like in the movie Sehun saw with his parents that one time: Ghosts. If a spirit stays in the human world long enough, they learn to have a better grasp on things. Then a thought popped in Sehun’s mind – if Luhan gained the ability to touch solid objects, could he touch humans too?

Sehun shook the thoughts away and continued to clean himself up. After a few minutes of relaxing under the cool running water, Sehun turned the shower off and grabbed the piece of towel that hung behind the shower curtains. He wrapped his towel around his waist and pulled the shower curtains open. He almost let out a manly scream – almost – when he spotted Luhan sitting by the sink, a wide grin etched on his face.

“Hello!” Luhan greeted cheerily. His swung his legs. “Thought you drowned in there.”

“W-what the heck!” Sehun raised his hand to his chest, trying to calm down his racing heart. “What the are you doing in here? I thought I told you not to come inside!”

“No, you didn’t.” Luhan replied in a serious tone. “You told me not to peek at you while you were showering – I didn’t. I was waiting right here.”

Sehun looked like a deer caught in headlights. “You-”

“Oh, look at the time!” Luhan chuckled nervously and glanced at his invisible wrist watch. “I’ve gotta go! See you around!”

Once Luhan vanished, Sehun let out a disgruntled groan. He thought he could deal with living with a ghost in their home, because he has done it before – but it turns out he couldn’t. He would have to talk to Luhan about personal space soon.

 Author's Note 

Hi guys! Took me long enough to update this story. I'm going to updating regularly now - hopefully every weekend - now that my other story, "100 Days With Luhan" is over. I hope you guys like this as much as you did my other story! To the readers who are familiar with my other stories - it's nice to see you guys again! And to the new readers - hello! I hope you enjoy this story as much as I enjoyed writing it ^_^