luhan is not sherlock

Hello, Ghost Boy

“Sehun, we’re here.”

“Hn,” Sehun nodded curtly, acknowledging his mother’s words.

He made a move to open the car door, slinging his backpack over his shoulders and taking off his earphones in the process. He took in a deep breath as his gaze fell upon the two story house that he would soon call his home. The sight was not spectacular, per say, but somehow Sehun felt comfort in their new home. Something was tugging at his heart, telling him that this is where he was supposed to be.

Maybe mom and dad are right, maybe I am going crazy. Sehun sighed and shook his head to clear his thoughts.

“Sehun, mind giving me a hand?” His father forced a small smile, motioning for Sehun to help him with the luggage stored in the trunk of the car.

“Sure,” Sehun mirrored the halfhearted smile as he took long steps towards his father.

Everything he did with his parents felt halfhearted. It had been this way ever since his grandmother’s passing, when Sehun first discovered his not so normal ability.

“It’s not a gift you should be ashamed of, Sehun.” His grandmother had said as she laid on her death bed one autumn morning. “Only a few people are born with this ability, and you should not put it to waste.” She smiled weakly. “I’ve helped a few spirits along the way, and trust me, nothing warms the heart more than seeing them move on to greater things, much like I am about to do at any given moment.”

Sehun never cried as hard as he did when his grandmother took her last breath. He saw everything. He saw his grandmother’s spirit leave her body, and she had that faraway look on her face as she stared at something in the distance. Before she completely vanished, she turned back to Sehun and winked at him playfully. “You will do well, my grandson. I’ll be watching over you. Make me proud.”

“Sehun, are you listening?”

“Huh, what?” Sehun shook his head slightly and turned to face his concerned father. “No, sorry. I was just… staring at the house.”

Sehun’s father beamed at his son’s words, and he too turned to look at the house painted in white. “It’s a beauty, isn’t it? Wait ‘til you see what’s inside. There are three rooms. You’re mother and I get the master’s bedroom, of course, but you get to choose your own.”

Sehun nodded once. “Alright, I’ll bring these in then.” He lifted the two suitcases, struggling with his backpack a bit.

“Be careful on your way up, honey.” His mother called from the entrance of the house.


Huh, guess the old man was right. Sehun smirked as he let his gaze travel around the interior of the house. It was still bare, naturally, but he couldn’t help but admire the structure. The house had a lot of windows, which was convenient since their neighborhood looked really beautiful during summer, and it would be a shame if they didn’t get to admire the view from the inside.

Sehun walked towards the living room, settling in front of the largest window of the house. He felt a smile creep on his features as he watched two children ride across with their bikes. Then he suddenly felt shivers run down his spine, which could only mean one thing.

Crap. Sehun mentally cursed. He hastily turned around, just in time to catch a white figure run up the staircase. You have got to be kidding me.

Sehun didn’t think twice and chased after the mysterious figure. A frown tugged on his lips when the figure disappeared just as Sehun reached the top of the staircase.

I’ll deal with it later. Sehun made a mental note.

In the meantime, the dark haired boy settled with finding a room for himself. It’s not like he had to make a hard decision, since there were only two rooms left to choose from.

After minutes of contemplating, Sehun settled with the room on the far end of the corridor, the one with the great view of the trees in his neighborhood. Aside from the fact that it was located at the opposite end of his parent’s bedroom, Sehun felt a small tug in his heart, almost as if he was meant to stay in this particular room.

He examined the room. It was small, compared to the other one, but it was just enough for Sehun. He already started imagining what he wanted his room to look like when he suddenly felt the familiar chill.

“Get out of my room.”

Sehun froze in his spot as the soft voice spoke in a warning tone. He took a deep breath and his heels, letting out a small gasp when his eyes were met with a pair of doe like ones. The young man was left speechless as he took in the appearance of the mysterious figure he spotted earlier in their living room.

He had light blonde hair, and he was clothed in white pants and a white long sleeved shirt. He looked so surreal, and the only thing that contrasted his sweet appearance was the small scowl on his lips and the ferocity in his eyes.

“Are you deaf?” the soft voice spoke again.

Sehun felt his palms starting to sweat, but he did not let his nervousness show. “I think I should be telling you that.”

“What?” the boy’s eyebrows knitted in confusion.

“I said,” Sehun repeated, his voice steadier than it was before. “I should be the one telling you to get out of my room.”

The blonde boy scoffed and crossed his arms stubbornly. “I don’t want to.” Suddenly, a look of realization dawned on his features. “Wait a minute!” He yelled, startling Sehun slightly. He raised a shaky finger and pointed to Sehun. “You can see me!”

“No , Sherlock.” Sehun deadpanned.

The strange boy tilted his head in confusion. “But, I am not Sherlock. My name is Luhan.”

Sehun bit his tongue to stop himself from laughing at the boy’s cluelessness.

“You are laughing.” Luhan accused. “What do you find amusing, young man?”

“Young man?” Sehun couldn’t hold back his laughter anymore. “You sound like my granddad.”

“What is a granddad?” Luhan was tilting his head again.

Sehun opened his mouth to reply, but his father’s sudden entrance in his room cut him short. He looked at Luhan, whose eyes widened before quickly vanishing into thin air.

“Son, did you call for me?” Sehun’s father asked as he approached the dark haired boy.

“No,” Sehun shook his head and took a step back. “I was talking to myself.” Probably not the best lie you’ve ever told, Oh Sehun.

His father looked at him, worry etched on his features. However, he did not question Sehun further. “You left your backpack downstairs. Here, I brought it for you.”

“Thanks,” Sehun shot him a small smile and grabbed the backpack. “I’m going to unpack now.”

With one short nod, his father was out of his room.

Sehun waited for Luhan to appear again, unfortunately, the ghost boy did not show his face for the remainder of the day.

Maybe us moving here was his unfinished business. Maybe he lived here and didn’t want to leave until someone moved in. Sehun thought to himself hopefully. And with that thought in mind, Sehun found himself drift off to sleep.