sehun makes enemies with a lamppost

Hello, Ghost Boy

“Take me with you.”

For the nth time that morning, Sehun sighed irritably. “I told you, Luhan, I can’t take you wherever I go.”

Luhan pouted cutely. “And why not?” He crossed his arms.

“Because I don’t like people looking at me like I’m some lunatic when I talk to you in public.”

“Then don’t talk to me in public. I'll stay quiet!”

Sehun looked at Luhan incredulously. “You can’t even keep your mouth shut for 10 minutes! How can you expect me to believe you can keep quiet?”

Luhan huffed. “I’m not that talkative.” He takes one look at Sehun’s blank expression and his resolve flutters slightly. “Okay fine, maybe I do talk too much… sometimes. But what do you expect? It’s been a really long time since I talked to someone.”

Sehun felt slightly guilty for chastising Luhan, but that certainly wasn’t enough for him to agree to take Luhan with him.

“Luhan,” Sehun began gently. Luhan eyed him curiously. “I promise I won’t be out for too long, okay? I’m just going out to buy some milk. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

Luhan’s lips formed a thin line. “Fine…”

Sehun beamed. “Alright then, I’ll see you in a bit, okay?”

Luhan simply groaned in response before vanishing into thin air.


Sehun glanced down at his wrist watch, brows furrowing in displeasure. He promised Luhan he’d be back home soon, but he didn’t expect the line at the grocery store to be that long. Sehun felt his insides churn in discomfort, beginning to worry if Luhan would be mad at him when he gets home, but then he scolded himself for worrying in the first place. If Luhan was mad, then Sehun shouldn’t be affected by it much, since it can only mean Luhan would start avoiding him. That’s what he’s been hoping for ever since the ghost boy graced him with his presence, right?

Sehun felt a pang of guilt in his heart. I’m just worried what he’d do to my parents if he gets mad.

After all, Luhan was quite mischievous. Sehun had been a victim of Luhan’s antics, which only increased whenever the latter was mad.

Sehun smiled fondly. Luhan… you’ve been around for so long but you still act like a little kid.

“Ooff,” Sehun groaned as he felt himself bump into something hard.

“I’m-I’m so sorry!”

Sehun’s gaze met a pair of wide, frightened eyes. This boy, who was shorter that Sehun by a few inches, began to tremble slightly.

Sehun raised his brow at the stranger’s strange behavior. “Um… no, it’s my fault. I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going. Sorry.”

The short boy shook his head. “No, I wasn’t paying attention either.”

“I guess we’re even then.” Sehun laughed lightly.

The boy sent Sehun a small smile.

“Kyungsoo!”

Sehun and the stranger’s attention turned to a petite woman who stood a few feet away.

The stranger looked back at Sehun. “I have to go. Again, I’m so sorry!”

Before Sehun could formulate a response, the boy had already run off. Strange.

Sehun tightened his grip on the plastic bag he was carrying and was about to turn a corner when he suddenly felt an all too familiar chill. Sehun initially thought he felt Luhan’s presence, thinking that Luhan had somehow managed to slip the ring inside the pocket of Sehun’s jeans, but then when he turned around, he saw a woman with long black hair glaring at the boy he bumped into earlier – the boy named Kyungsoo.

Sehun felt another chill when the strange woman stared right at him. She scowled and raised a hand to point at Sehun. The lamppost beside Sehun began to shake violently, but Sehun was certain there wasn’t an earthquake. This being, who was glaring at Sehun was causing the lamppost to wobble. Before Sehun could react, he heard the familiar cry of his ghost boy yelling, “Sehun! Watch out!”

Something heavy crashed onto Sehun, and the tall boy let out a strangled “Omph,” before crashing on the sidewalk. When his vision started to focus, his gaze was met with the all too familiar doe like eyes.

Luhan was panicking, checking to see if Sehun was hurt in any way.

Sehun let his gaze travel back to the fallen lamppost, then at the spot he previously saw the woman standing on. The ghost had disappeared, and all that was left was the shards of glass scattered from the lamppost, a slightly frazzled looking Sehun, and a very worried looking Luhan.

“Sehun-ah, can you hear me?” Luhan’s voice was shaking.

Sehun felt his heart flutter at hearing Luhan’s nickname for him. He shook off the feeling and looked directly into Luhan’s eyes. “Yeah, I think I’m alright.” Sehun pursed his lips. “Did you save me?”

Luhan looked down shyly. “Uh, yeah.”

“How’d you get here?” Sehun made a move to stand up.

“Well I…” Luhan let out a nervous chuckle. “I sort off slipped the ring inside the pocket of your pants while you were showering earlier.”

Sehun narrowed his eyes at Luhan, then sighed. He wasn’t going to reprimand Luhan, becaue if weren’t for him, Sehun would probably be at the hospital right now because of the fallen lamppost.

“I’m sorry.” Luhan muttered softly. “You’re probably mad at me right now so I’ll just leave.”

“Wait!” Sehun called out before Luhan could disappear again. Luhan looked at him curiously. “I’m… I’m not mad. And I want to say thank you, for saving me.”

Luhan beamed at Sehun’s words. “You’re welcome!”

Sehun opened his mouth to speak, but then he quickly closed it again. His eyes narrowed at Luhan’s wardrobe. “Um Luhan…”

“Yeah?”

“Why are you wearing that sweater?” Sehun almost gagged at Luhan’s neon green sweater with a picture of a unicorn printed on it. “I didn’t even know ghosts could change clothes.”

Luhan smiled sheepishly. “Well you learn some tricks here and there when you’ve stayed long enough.”

“Oh,” was Sehun’s dumbfounded response. He only just realized how long Luhan must’ve spent on earth. “You’ve been here for so long…”

“Yeah,” Luhan forced a smile. “It’s okay though. I kind of like it here.”

Sehun smiled sadly. “Let’s go home.”

"Okay."

Luhan… what is making you stay?

 Author's Note 

So, before I say anything else I'd like to give you guys a cool cookie as a way of saying sorry for not updating for so so so long T_T

I don't have any reason other than having a really hard time starting this fic back up again. Or in other words - a really serious case of writer's block. I'm sure some of you have also experience this. But hey, at least a new chapter's up! It's kind of short, but I hope you guys enjoy reading this nonetheless. And yep, this is just a preview of HunHan's next adventure. Just who was that strange ghost anyway? You guys will find out soon enough so stay tuned! ^_~